Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard, from a VERY reliable source, that SkooterG is no longer affiliated in any manner to Yamaha, and is now working for Honda, and is pissed so he is just spreading rumors to stir the pot. I hear he will be riding a Ruckus® from here on out!

t.
2009-honda-ruckus-scooter_zpsiijrkvki.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's something to sink my teeth into. Let's see what can I sell around the house to make up the penny's.

Taking the bait,

Dave

Kenny Roberts FJR? Nah. Because I'd want one too badly.

Couple more parking lot drops, and I'll consider hitting one of those "vehicle wrap" stores for a Kenny Roberts do-over to cover my rashed-up bags and fairing.

Didn't you here! It's going to be an new FJR1500 with 6 speeds.

BAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Eat your hearts out,

Dave

Let me say it this way. I hope it has 6 gears and is better in every way than the Gen 3s. I won't have one of those. I will be perfectly happy with a cast off Gen 3. JSNS.

that it is a faster, lighter, stronger FJR
In what world would you do a 'new and improved' model every 2-3 years?

I vote for a Gen 3 w/ 5 speeds and a NEW BRIGHT (blue) COLOR!!!

I don't think u are following me. I hope the new ones (Gen4s if u will) have all the upgrades that some current Gen 3 owners lust for. I won't be able to get one of the new Gen 4s, I will gladly purchase one of the cast off Gen 3s that will be jettisoned by the "upgraders". It might be the only way I can snag a Gen3. That was a quick type during class that was not constructed in the most formative way!!

I am a History teacher..........I ain't no English teach. Haha.

Its an election year. It'll either be sweet jesus red or bleeding heart blue.

How many black, silver, or charcoal colored bikes do we have to ride?

please god, protect us all.

ionbeam I have no answer for that one.

I will say that for ME, that "charcoal" colored bike has one of the most appealing silhouettes to ever grace two wheels. I liked all the FJRs, I loved the '07, and the gorgeous red of the 2014 nearly stole my heart but the Liquid Graphite of the 2015 moved my soul. That "boring gray" ejected one hell of a great Honda right out of its garage and into the used bike market.

They make them whatever color they make them, I hope each of you is fortunate enough that one year they build YOUR bike. They already built mine.

ionbeam I have no answer for that one.
I will say that for ME, that "charcoal" colored bike has one of the most appealing silhouettes to ever grace two wheels. I liked all the FJRs, I loved the '07, and the gorgeous red of the 2014 nearly stole my heart but the Liquid Graphite of the 2015 moved my soul. That "boring gray" ejected one hell of a great Honda right out of its garage and into the used bike market.

They make them whatever color they make them, I hope each of you is fortunate enough that one year they build YOUR bike. They already built mine.
Well said.

They make paint for that. Not that I would have the guts to paint a new bike. Jim and Iris are mavericks that I envy.

It is official. The 2016 will be a tribute bike that is painted to honor Bustanut Joker. During one of his recent hospital forays a sample swath of skin off his butt was taken for use in paint development. The 2016 FJR will be "Bust Your Butt" Pink!!!!

RedFish...

Couldn't agree more. Love the graphite !!

Love a nice blue like my first, Galaxy blue on the 05 was a great color for me for 10 years, but the graphite pushed me over the edge for a upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.