• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bill Mayer Saddle GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duff, that doesn't look like the Evolution seat - is it?
Pretty sure it is, but not sure why I didn't get the cute little "wing" stitching. Any way to know for sure? Guess I was BMS-ignorant and could use a little edu-ma-cation. :blink:
Beats me, that's why I ask. Your new seat looks a lot like mine in shape/size. :dntknw:
I’ve talked to Susan too. If I understood her correctly, the evolution has a different design or size/shape of wing. When we were talking I was comparing the difference between the pix,as shown in this thread, of Brodie’s and Hit the road Jack’s BMS.

Talked to Susan this PM. Got on the list. Since I'll be on vacation next week & don't want to ride the VStar all week I agreed to a build date of the week of 4/21.

Just got the new RoadSmart tires put on & I want to break them in.

THX to Gregory for putting this together. :bike:

Just emailed Rocky, hope it is not too late for the discount :D How did I almost miss the boat on this deal?! Looks like a good deal. I had a Rick Meyer on the 03 in leather. I'll get to try out the vinyl this time. That leather was a slip-n-slide with my riding pants.

Does that mean I'm #30?

Not sure of the final total (Oaji) as of yet, but I am thinking that we did the forum proud and are probably at 30+ I will call Monday (meant to today and work was just nuts) to thank Rocky and his crew for such an outstanding job. We had great turn around times (4 days, start to finish, to my home for my mail in once it got there)and everybody at the shop was just outstanding for the ride in guys. Rocky and his crew are definatly a cut above.

Thanks again everybody for such a great show of support.

Gregory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed BMS this AM and got a build date of 4-14 ... my a$$ will be happy and THANK YOU Gregory! For putting this all together. I was not on the fence, I was on the other side of the fence....going to do this next year, but could not resist the deal! Once again.....Thanks!Baddog (aka Karl)
We have the same build date! Our seats will be right next to each other! Maybe touching! :blink:

(not that there is anything wrong with that...)

Quick update on the RMS Group buy.

According to Susan, we are at 35 with a coupla late Friday emails. I just want to thank everybody again.

Gregory

Quick update on the RMS Group buy.
According to Susan, we are at 35 with a coupla late Friday emails. I just want to thank everybody again.

Gregory
Mailed mine out today. I'll need a good seat, to counteract the UPS action... Ouch! :blink:

Pretty sure it is, but not sure why I didn't get the cute little "wing" stitching. Any way to know for sure? Guess I was BMS-ignorant and could use a little edu-ma-cation. :blink:
Beats me, that's why I ask. Your new seat looks a lot like mine in shape/size. :dntknw:
I’ve talked to Susan too. If I understood her correctly, the evolution has a different design or size/shape of wing. When we were talking I was comparing the difference between the pix,as shown in this thread, of Brodie’s and Hit the road Jack’s BMS.
I called to find out if the group buy was for the Evolution or the original. The woman clearly explained it with "it depends". The Evolution refers to a new mold which is larger with more wing support for the larger rider. Therefore, at my 165 lbs, I will not get the Evolution. They will use the Evolution if your size warrants it. I hope that this clarifies it. I told her that a more complete explanation on the website would be useful.

I called to find out if the group buy was for the Evolution or the original. The woman clearly explained it with "it depends". The Evolution refers to a new mold which is larger with more wing support for the larger rider. Therefore, at my 165 lbs, I will not get the Evolution. They will use the Evolution if your size warrants it. I hope that this clarifies it. I told her that a more complete explanation on the website would be useful.

Duff, could we please have some more pics of your seat.

I called today and they said I could still get in, only problem was when I told her that the seat I would be sending her is a Yamaha Corbin she said they could not do it. They said the fiberglass pan will not work for them. Russell will do them with new rivets for an additional 25.00. This is dissapointing, I really wanted one of these.

Anybody got any origional pans to trade for my corbin?

2004 model by the way.

Just thought i would chime in and say that the crew at BMS is TOP SHELF! :clapping:

I scheduled a ride in for friday, 25th! Talk about a bun burner!!! 1700 miles of slab one way! :unsure:

It's all good though, Since i will be in Laughlin that weekend meeting up with my brothers. :)

Duff, could we please have some more pics of your seat.
I'm out of town this week. I will take a few more when I return and post up. What kind of pics you looking for? No, I will not peel the cover off to show you what is underneath! :blink:

Spoke with Rocky yesterday, and we agreed that this was a great experience all around. As far as I can tell everybody came out happy. I want to again thank Rocky for the support of the FJR community and the group for showing such strong and enthusiastic support for BMS products. The ride in reports and photos were outstanding and the testamonials from previous buyers was great. Three cheers :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: for Rocky and Susan and the gang at BMS for providing customer service that is definatly above and beyond anything I have experienced in a very long time. Never once did I feel that I was just some dude in another state calling in.

This was a first for me and was made to be a very enjoyable experience by everybody that I dealt with. So, once again, I just want to thank everybody for participating,

Happy, safe and COMFORTABLE riding eveybody

See ya in Oregon at the Hell's Canyon Rally or in Tombstone for SW-FOG,

Gregory.

I just got back from a "ride in". It was great. They are really good people. The guy that does the fitting is really great. Easy to work wtih and really knows how to work with you to get a good fit. Susan is great too, really nice. I didnt get to meet Rocky as he was away however his staff reflects on him and he must be a good guy.

Love the seat.

gregory, thank you for organizing it.

BMS thank you for the seat and the day in Ojai. I will be back to ride 33.

yowser, dont throw in the towel. A pan will come through for you. Call some motorcycle salvage places. Maybe they can locate a thrashed seat for you. Since only the pan matters. Its worth the effort. Then you can ebay the corbin.

BMS Pictures

skuehl,

A seat did come through for me, another member here and I worked it out. The pans should be here on Monday and I have a build week of 4/28/08. That should get it back by the next week and in time for the SS1000 that the SO and I have planned. We should be able to get a couple hundred miles in to get used to the seat before the trip. It looks like the two piece origional uses the same hardware as the one piece corbin, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.