Dr. Rich's Magical President's Day Ride II Reschedule

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add Jan and myself as a maybe. I'm in Canada right now, but I'm flying back tonight. If I'm not too tired, we'll be there. Traveling is a bitch. Fun when you are on vacation, but just brutal when it's for work (and is every friggin week).

John

MM2 - I will meet you all at the Chevron before 0800. Karen had to duck out so I am riding solo. This will leave more chocolate for the rest of us!

I almost forgot . . . . Karen wants to know if you all want her to bake up some scones for the ride.

I'm a relative newbie on the list from the Bay Area. Hope to join you for the ride and meet some fellow FJR riders in the area. I'll be single (though I am actually married) on an 07 with a white flip up lid.

Roy

DC, CA

Weather report: check.

Route and map: check.

Fellow riders acceptable: check. ;)

Bike condition: check.

Rider condition: rejected.

It seems that no matter how carefully one plans, life can often have a different experience in store for you. It seems that this weekend I'll be performing a useful service to both my fellow riders and myself by standing down from this ride - and cuddling up to a bottle of Vicks® NyQuil®.

Take lots of pictures and I'll look forward to the ride reports!

Be safe...

I wanta go ......... I wanta go........... But can't .......... I have

a ton of stuff to do tomorrow..... ;<

Have big fun and I will catch the next one!!

B.

I'm a relative newbie on the list from the Bay Area. Hope to join you for the ride and meet some fellow FJR riders in the area. I'll be single (though I am actually married) on an 07 with a white flip up lid.
Roy

DC, CA
Roy,With the exception of Old Michael, this is a great group and you'll be more than welcome. Unfortunately, like mold, Old Michael has a tendency to grow on you.

MM2 - I will meet you all at the Chevron before 0800. Karen had to duck out so I am riding solo. This will leave more chocolate for the rest of us!
I almost forgot . . . . Karen wants to know if you all want her to bake up some scones for the ride.
Rick, I left a message on your phone...we'll be kickstands up @ 0800!

No need for scones (unless Tyler wants some). We'll be having breakfast in Winters and lunch in Clear Lake. That being said....uhm...chocolate!

Roy

DC, CA
C'mon down, Roy. Welcome to the group.

Er...uhm...white flip-up...maybe you can ride with Really Old Michael with his yellow flip-up. :rolleyes:

Rider condition: rejected.
It seems that this weekend I'll be.................cuddling up to a bottle of Vicks® NyQuil®.
Ugh! We'll miss your smiling face, Sam. Get better, y'here.

Enjoy the day guys and gals -- ride safe -- MM2 will see to that though :) Rog n Debs
Nuh-uh! I'm a mere attendee at this event, tempted and lured by Tyler's advertised presence. I might be responsible for my own safety but the "Ride Captain" (Dad for a Day) would be Dr. Rich.

I wanta go ......... I wanta go........... But can't .......... I have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow.....
Don't we all... but I'm riding. If'n you change your mind, PM me and we can ride up to Winters from the South Bay. If not...

YOU'RE A WUSS!!! :D
Yup...Girlie Man! :p

I don't know about this. Awful cold out there..

(Rolls over. Nudges HYCLE.)

. :D
Now Old Michael, that is a tall tale or (tail)... Hycle sleeps with a Beer Knees Mountain Dog, and we know you sleep alone. We won't go into the reasons you sleep alone but some are obvious! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

C'mon, Michael. It's an invigorating 42 degrees on my patio. Perfect temperature to keep me alert this morning aaannndddd, it's going to be 60 degrees by noon. :yahoo:

Plus we'll be riding with friends and, unlike our Eastern brethren, enjoying some great scenery. :clapping:

Now Old Michael, that is a tall tale or (tail)... Hycle sleeps with a Beer Knees Mountain Dog, and we know you sleep alone. We won't go into the reasons you sleep alone but some are obvious! :rolleyes:
Definitely too early and cold to get up.... (but not it).

(Rolls over, nudges Fang, who nudges Terri.... :yahoo: )

:D

Dr. Rich, I suddenly realize you misspelled yesterday...

You meant "whine country"

I wonder if he'll pull up his big girl panties and saddle up with you peeps? Have a great ride! Save me some chocolate!

Dang...drat...heck...and pshaw!

The FJR won't start....dead battery (and NO, I didn't leave anything turned on)! <_<

I've hooked the battery charger and called Rick to let him know I'm running late. Hopefully 20-30 minutes and I'll be good to go. :huh:

Or...I could ride the KLR. Probably not. :dribble: