Dr. Rich's Magical President's Day Ride II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Rich

Arrested Development
Reaction score
In celebration of the survival of Old Michael and his attempt to fly, I am offering to lead the second annual President's Day ride on Sunday Feb 15. We will start this year at the Putah Creek Cafe in Winters at 10:00 am and wind either due west and up through the Pope Valley around Lake Berryessa or go up though Cache Creek (Capay Valley) and then back down through the Pope Valley and home (similar route to last year) Since we went counterclockwise around the lake last year, it might be fun to go clockwise this year. Remember this is the year of "change".

For those who have not eaten at the Putah Creek Cafe in Winters, it is an excellent little spot.

All participants will be required to bring something chocolate for Karen (of Ric in Sac fame). Also wear your gayest attire in celebration of Old Michael! Rainbow stickers will be available.

If Reno John comes, he can regale us with tales of his recent court appearance.

It will be a good time to start talking about the trip to Canada this summer!

Rider List as per instructions from Old Michael....

Dr. Rich

Hycle and Terri

Rog and Deb

Bokerfork

MadMike

RenoJohn ?

Silent ?

Barry5K

Ric in Sac and the ever lovely chocolate expert Karen

Dave Migliore

Painman

Sacramento Mike

Old Michael (flyboy)

Husky Rider

Big Dan and Roxie Rae

Canceled due to weather!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good day to ride.

Looking forward to seeing all the usual suspects.

I was just thinking of prodding you in to sponsoring the 2nd anniversary ride of my first introductory ride to the FJR family. You can bet I'll be there.

Just one thing. Last year we went to Bodega Bay, not Cache Creek/Pope Valley. I'm good with the change. Just a stickler for details. (When I remember them).

The real challenge will be to out gay OM. What with that yellow helmet and all.

I was just thinking of prodding you in to sponsoring the 2nd anniversary ride of my first introductory ride to the FJR family. You can bet I'll be there.
Just one thing. Last year we went to Bodega Bay, not Cache Creek/Pope Valley. I'm good with the change. Just a stickler for details. (When I remember them).

The real challenge will be to out gay OM. What with that yellow helmet and all.
We did two rides last year that I arranged. One was the Capay Valley (Presidents Day) ride and the other was the Bodega Bay / Skaggs Springs Road ride. The ride out to the coast came later when it was warmer.

We did two rides last year that I arranged. One was the Capay Valley (Presidents Day) ride and the other was the Bodega Bay / Springs Road ride.
Hi Dr. Rich & all.

First, guess a couple of the guys mentioned above (Bokerfork & Old Michael), had originally showed interest in the CenCal Death Valley run over President's Weekend February 13 -15. Guess I can remove their names from that ride list?

Second, wish I could ride through the Pope, Capay Valleys, and Lake Berryessa again, that is a beautiful area! Maybe later in the Spring for me!

Lastly, here is a short video called 44 Presidents, to help you ALL get into the "mood" of a Presidents Day ride; https://www.flixxy.com/presidents-morphing.htm

Have a nice ride! :clapping:

if i'm not mistaken, there is a professional bicycle race ongoing from Davis to Santa Rosa on Sunday, the 15th. The route is going through the lake berryessa area. See tour of california web site!

if i'm not mistaken, there is a professional bicycle race ongoing from Davis to Santa Rosa on Sunday, the 15th. The route is going through the lake berryessa area. See tour of california web site!
Here is a link to the stage map. stage map, Davis to Santa Rosa

The race leaves Davis at noon and arrives in Santa Rosa about 4 pm.
Since the bike race will be coming out of Davis at noon, the plan will remain leaving Winters at 10am and heading around the bottom of Lake Berryessa and then up though the Pope Valley. We will stop for lunch in Clearlake and then come back down through the Capay Valley. That way the folks from Sacramento can blast straight home. Should be a relatively short but fun ride. Rich

Since the bike race will be coming out of Davis at noon, the plan will remain leaving Winters at 10am and heading around the bottom of Lake Berryessa and then up though the Pope Valley. We will stop for lunch in Clearlake and then come back down through the Capay Valley. That way the folks from Sacramento can blast straight home. Should be a relatively short but fun ride. Rich
Okay....if it's going to be a short ride, I'm in. I've got an early bedtime that Sunday night.

So -- are we meeting at 10.00 in Winters, and eating at the cafe before we leave (probably 11.00 then) ? OR - are we leaving the cafe at 10.00am ?

Leaving Winters at 10.00 makes more sense.

For those who have not eaten at the Putah Creek Cafe in Winters, it is an excellent little spot.
All participants will be required to bring something chocolate for Karen (of Ric in Sac fame). Also wear your gayest attire in celebration of Old Michael! Rainbow stickers will be available.

If Reno John comes, he can regale us with tales of his recent court appearance.
+ never been there, and I thought I knew all the good eats ....that aint the Buckhorn Bar is it??

+ sharing chocolate with karen is not a problem, but me finding phag attire to impress OM may be.

+ kinda getting busy here, but might be able to swing this -might meet for breakfast, and aim for some goat trails around Lock Lomond, Ettewa Springs etc etc. Perhaps make this a sat/sun loop. or a sunday/monday loop ....or just a sunday day-ride. Hmmmmmm.......

I can sit on my front porch and watch the Tour De California go by. Most years my roomie is out at the corner taking pictures.

Undecided on the ride.

So -- are we meeting at 10.00 in Winters, and eating at the cafe before we leave (probably 11.00 then) ? OR - are we leaving the cafe at 10.00am ?Leaving Winters at 10.00 makes more sense.

My plan is, arrive to eat breakfast at 9 am at Putah Creek Cafe. Maybe a little earlier cause the place gets busy.

Mike

Since the bike race will be coming out of Davis at noon, the plan will remain[SIZE=12pt] leaving Winters at 10am [/SIZE] and heading around the bottom of Lake Berryessa and then up though the Pope Valley. We will stop for lunch in Clearlake and then come back down through the Capay Valley. That way the folks from Sacramento can blast straight home. Should be a relatively short but fun ride. Rich
So -- are we meeting at 10.00 in Winters, and eating at the cafe before we leave (probably 11.00 then) ? OR - are we leaving the cafe at 10.00am ?

Leaving Winters at 10.00 makes more sense.
I fixed it for you Roger

There's still time for you to come up with an excuse to not show up :lol: :lol:

I fixed it for you RogerThere's still time for you to come up with an excuse to not show up :lol: :lol:
Oooohhhhh....did you take your brutal pills this morning?

Er...uhm...Roger.....[SIZE=14pt]No yardwork![/SIZE] You've already used that lame excuse about "throwing your back out", twice! This time listen to Debs, 'kay? Don't make me mount my passenger seat on and swing through Rancho on my way to the ride. :rolleyes:

It'd be nice if you could accompany the lovely side of Rogdebs! :yahoo: