FJR Death Valley Daze: January 22-24 Great MC Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sat there many times after boating all day,bet it was kinda empty cuz the snowbirds eat at golden corral....lol.you missed all the freaking rain yesterday don,gotta go clean the machine now.happy new year to all.
Happy New Year to You & Yours, djbill! We'll have to meet up at Lake Havasu with our boats and hit Barley Brothers Brewery!

sounds like a plan.cant miss my boat,kinda stands out.mines blue of course

P1010824.jpg

I have my room confirmed...now all I have to do is remember I'm supposed to go. :)

Gregg

owner/operator of the Gregg Haters Club...not a member? Join today at a special rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the time has come to find out which direction Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" will be heading towards Death Valley so I can decide which direction I will turn out my driveway. Will you depart Phoenix heading west towards Blythe then turn northward, or possibly head NW towards Kingman, either way, bringing with you a herd of FJR's and BMW's?

Still waiting for current info on weather conditions before deciding on which gear to don! :rolleyes:

I guess the time has come to find out which direction Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" will be heading towards Death Valley so I can decide which direction I will turn out my driveway. Will you depart Phoenix heading west towards Blythe then turn northward, or possibly head NW towards Kingman, either way, bringing with you a herd of FJR's and BMW's?
Still waiting for current info on weather conditions before deciding on which gear to don! :rolleyes:
Big-D: Like you, the Phoenix contingent is going to be watching the weather patterns! I will call you at 0630 sharp from the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Litchfield Park on Friday, January 22nd and let you know what the group collective has decided.

You and Galaxy Blue may want to private message Fairlaner and djbill to get their departure time and point from Las Vegas.

Have to warn you though, Fairlaner looks like a rough SOB when he's hung over "morning after"; djbill looks OK after boozing.

Big-D: Like you, the Phoenix contingent is going to be watching the weather patterns! I will call you at 0630 sharp from the Cracker Barrel Restaurant in Litchfield Park on Friday, January 22nd and let you know what the group collective has decided.
35 and snow here in Chatham so if it stays in the mid 40's to 50 in AZ and NV I'll be happy.

35 and snow here in Chatham so if it stays in the mid 40's to 50 in AZ and NV I'll be happy.
https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&a...399&2v=CITY https://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam// Great Hoover Dam site.

Big-D, This is the route we'll be riding if higher elevations are snow/ice free. Dave, I imagine you'll want to view Hoover Dam!

https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&a...399&2v=CITY https://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam// Great Hoover Dam site.

Big-D, This is the route we'll be riding if higher elevations are snow/ice free. Dave, I imagine you'll want to view Hoover Dam!
If time permits on the Sunday morning I'll be paying a visit before heading down to Lake Havasu City. Maybe a trip around the Red Rock Canyon area as well. More snow expected here tonight so hopefully the fine weather in Nevada and Death Valley will continue but the photographs of past White Stag Rallies haunt me.

Checked on my reservation with Charla at Longstreet. She said Charlie is going to put out a memo for the front office since they donot know how much the rooms are for us. Just a FYI. See you all there. :yahoo:

I just checked on mine, all is good except that all the rooms are non smoking........ don't they know they are in Nevada?

The solution was to upgrade to a suite with a patio..... guess where the bar will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is BYOB though.

R

Flyin Junior has been added to the Death Valley Daze List!

I just checked on mine, all is good except that all the rooms are non smoking........ don't they know they are in Nevada?
The solution was to upgrade to a suite with a patio..... guess where the bar will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is BYOB though.

R
Richard, Many thanks for your offer of allowing us to set up the bar at your patio suite! I'm very sorry, I didn't know about the lack of non smoking rooms. I recommend to all if you're coming via Las Vegas, stop at Liquor Barn to get your booze.

Here's the latest & greatest listing, if you're coming to Death Valley Daze and don't see your name here: Contact Papa Chuy!

ATENCION: Make sure to reconfirm your reservations with Charlie or Manager Monica of the Longstreet Inn by January 20th.

Flying Junior

David Black - Niehart and Curly Joe - HD Rich Holtmeier

Don Carver - dcarver

John Max - johnny80s and COLDCUT

greggrthomas and Galaxy Blue

John Wilcox - CAJW

David Ashbaugh - Dashbaw

Brian and Melanie Boles - bbolesaz & La Reina

Rich Christensen - Dr. Rich

Mark - Bokerfork

Mike and Terri Whalen - HYCLE & Mrs. HYCLE

Don Stanley and Rena Leverence - BeemerDonS & Rena Ballerina

David Clarke - Orestes

Michael O'Keeffe - Old Michael

Dirk Keeler - DingusKahn

Dan Compton - Big-D

Robert Little - Back Road Bob

Henry Garza - Enrique

Joe Alonge and Nick Alonge - Joe and Gkeeper

Peggy Owens - Victory Peggy

Richard Hall - Fairlaner

Roy Davies - McRide

Bill Holdersby - djbill

Mark Poynter - Cometman

Bear Trax - Barry and Marla

Clint Alston - Alstoc

Right now, there are many rooms available. Call 1-775-372-1777 and declare Confirmation #67092 for your discount!

If time permits on the Sunday morning I'll be paying a visit before heading down to Lake Havasu City. Maybe a trip around the Red Rock Canyon area as well. More snow expected here tonight so hopefully the fine weather in Nevada and Death Valley will continue but the photographs of past White Stag Rallies haunt me.
Dave,

riding through Red Rock Canyon sounds great. I can't remember if I've been through there or not, either way, it would have been a long time ago. I'm game for that.

Also, I think we may have stopped at that very Texaco station in the picture you attached in Seligman during your trip out here last time on your way to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Dan

Don, unless things change, I'll meet up with you and the rest of the Phoenix group in Kingman, then ride on to DV. I don't function without breakfast, so I will probably stop at Mr D's (possibly with GalaxyBlue) to get some eats prior to your group reaching Kingman, assuming you all will be eating at Crackle Barrel in Phoenix prior to your departure?

Don, unless things change, I'll meet up with you and the rest of the Phoenix group in Kingman, then ride on to DV. I don't function without breakfast, so I will probably stop at Mr D's (possibly with GalaxyBlue) to get some eats prior to your group reaching Kingman, assuming you all will be eating at Crackle Barrel in Phoenix prior to your departure?
Starting Location: Litchfield Park, AZ; Total Travel Estimate: 2 hours 56 minutes/173.85 miles; Big-D: See you at 1000 hours.