FJR Death Valley Daze: January 22-24 Great MC Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we are having days in the mid 70's, it'll be nice working on the bike outside taking in the warm afternoon. I'm sure Busta is enjoying his afternoons outside also, shoveling snow! :yahoo:
You just have to rub it in don't you! Last night it dropped to 19F here and the roads are sheet ice. Major airports were closed part of yesterday and this weather seems to be set for the next week :(

Now that we are having days in the mid 70's, it'll be nice working on the bike outside taking in the warm afternoon. I'm sure Busta is enjoying his afternoons outside also, shoveling snow! :yahoo:
You just have to rub it in don't you! Last night it dropped to 19F here and the roads are sheet ice. Major airports were closed part of yesterday and this weather seems to be set for the next week :(
https://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?s...76&OK#focus Hello David - Orestes: Is there a reason you just don't take the train from Chatham to Heathrow? Whenever I am planning a motorcycle trip to Europe, and train travel is part of the itinerary, I always use Austrian Railways to plan my routing and buy my tickets. Unless, this is the wrong Chatham, and I know that there are two in England (because I looked up yours before we met up in Barcelona) it appears it is only a 1.6 hour train ride from Chatham Station to Heathrow Terminal 1, with a transfer between Victoria and Paddington Station in London, UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham,_Kent Think this's the Chatham, if not please correct me. Other Chatham was up North!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.a...cation=USCA0286 As long as Orestes does not bring snow from Chatham and Niehart does not bring rain from Seattle: It looks like 70 degree days, dropping down to 40 at night; Sunny and very clear.

Since our Canadian Ladies, barb and MEM, will not be attending: There'll be no chance they'll be bringing their beloved snow with them! Hopefully, Californians will not be bringing damned fog with them. Old Michael, leave the fog in San Joaquin Valley!

https://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en?s...76&OK#focus Hello David - Orestes: Is there a reason you just don't take the train from Chatham to Heathrow? Whenever I am planning a motorcycle trip to Europe, and train travel is part of the itinerary, I always use Austrian Railways to plan my routing and buy my tickets. Unless, this is the wrong Chatham, and I know that there are two in England (because I looked up yours before we met up in Barcelona) it appears it is only a 1.6 hour train ride from Chatham Station to Heathrow Terminal 1, with a transfer between Victoria and Paddington Station in London, UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham,_Kent Think this's the Chatham, if not please correct me. Other Chatham was up North!
You have the correct Chatham, this picture shows my locality. My house is left of centre about halfway up the hill.

I can get to Heathrow quite easily by train. About an hour to central London and maybe 30 mins on the underground to Terminal 5, although the plan at the moment is for my son to drive me there. The problem yesterday was our inability to cope with adverse weather, at one point 3 of the 5 London airports were closed although flights seem to be ok today (the Phoenix flight is due to depart on time).

More snow is expected through the weekend with a possibility of a thaw by the 18th. Luckily I have no work at present as all local roads are closed to vehicular traffic, my car is parked about a mile away in case I get called out. My next trip is booked for Tuesday and hopefully all abandoned cars will have been recovered by then. Until then I have far too much time on my hands and little to do.

Orestes, thanks for checking in! With your flight arrival on Tuesday, 1/19: We still have a "cushion" for any weather delays.

Since I'm retired, and my illegitimate bastard son SkooterG can't go riding with his Papa Chuy until tomorrow, I also have far too much time on my hands and little to do. So, I'm going to float Europe Moto Riding Balloon on our FJR Forum later today!

In SoCal there are 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and then More Summer.

I am reminded at times like this why I stay put:

minus 52 deg. in North Dakota

74 deg. in my backyard

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

In SoCal there are 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and then More Summer. I am reminded at times like this why I stay put:

minus 52 deg. in North Dakota

74 deg. in my backyard

:thumbsupsmileyanim:
McRide: Roy, we also have 4 seasons in Arizona! Summer, Summer, Summer and "GOD DAMN, IT'S FREAKING HOT SUMMER"!

You have the correct Chatham, this picture shows my locality. My house is left of centre about halfway up the hill.

I can get to Heathrow quite easily by train. About an hour to central London and maybe 30 mins on the underground to Terminal 5, although the plan at the moment is for my son to drive me there. The problem yesterday was our inability to cope with adverse weather, at one point 3 of the 5 London airports were closed although flights seem to be ok today (the Phoenix flight is due to depart on time).

More snow is expected through the weekend with a possibility of a thaw by the 18th. Luckily I have no work at present as all local roads are closed to vehicular traffic, my car is parked about a mile away in case I get called out. My next trip is booked for Tuesday and hopefully all abandoned cars will have been recovered by then. Until then I have far too much time on my hands and little to do.
Well, I guess it's good Busta is not coming, cus you know he'd bring a flock of sheep with him!

Orestes,

If it was possible, I could actually split our summer temperature in half, give you half of it and I'd still be warmer than most of the U.S. right now! :blink:

Whoo Hooo! I called longstreet & they allow pets no chg. So duke & I will be staying there both nights. They had sold out the block of rooms for us but still had rooms. Awesume!

Whoo Hooo! I called longstreet & they allow pets no chg. So duke & I will be staying there both nights. They had sold out the block of rooms for us but still had rooms. Awesume!
:good:

I put the barn door on yesterday (V Stream), So i am ready for the sub 40 temps. ;)

:good:

I put the barn door on yesterday (V Stream), So i am ready for the sub 40 temps. ;)
It gonna be warm during the day 70 degrees!

Very cool! I missed Duke last time.

Since our Canadian Ladies, barb and MEM, will not be attending: There'll be no chance they'll be bringing their beloved snow with them! Hopefully, Californians will not be bringing damned fog with them. Old Michael, leave the fog in San Joaquin Valley!
B-b-b-but, how can he do that? He lives in a fog.....even on sunny days.

I thought you knew that! :huh:

:lol:

B-b-b-but, how can he do that? He lives in a fog.....even on sunny days.

I thought you knew that! :huh:

:lol:
Grooooovy, ..........man.

B)

Paging David Clarke: Orestes, your package from the Clearwater Company arrived at my home; your FJR LED light kit is here!
Thanks Don. look after them for me and don't be fitting them to Lucy
Don't you want him to "test" them....I mean...just to be sure they're not defective and will fit correctly?

I'm certain Don would perform this task gratis, as a service to the FJR community. Lucy Liu won't mind at all, she's amenable to Don's petting and stroking. And what girl doesn't like to wear sparkly things?

eeksnake (Chris) and I will be coming up from Vegas for the Saturday ride. Don't leave without us!!

Unless of course we are late then too bad for us.... :p

eeksnake (Chris) and I will be coming up from Vegas for the Saturday ride. Don't leave without us!!

Unless of course we are late then too bad for us.... :p
Chris and Bret: Keep my cell phone number of 480-440-4666 handy. Fairlaner rides so slow you probably will catch up with us!