fjrchik goes down in Antler, OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hope someone was bright enough to give you some muscle relaxants? If not, get some as you'll need them for the better part of a week.
I have some of them muscle relaxers...iffn you want them I'll send em to ya!

We've talked and you know how I feel about all this and the gettin well.

Call ya later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad you were wearing all the gear and that your at home already. Take it easy and get well.

Yes, SWFOG was taken off the table for me because of having to move out and get an apartment, something that was not planned on until next summer. That decision was forced on me and I don't have enough money to move and do the trip.

I feel fine when I sit still, here at the computer at work. As long as I don't try to grab, push, pull or twist I don't feel too much pain from the ribs. But if I do pretty much anything with my right arm, then the ribs let me know it. My hip on the other hand is pretty much a constant source of attention and the darvocet doesn't seem to help much for dulling that. Pretty sure that's a good sized bone bruise.

Just filed a claim with her insurance company. Her hubby is a doctor at the hospital I went to so the staff is getting a good chuckle out of this. I won't hear from the adjusters from her company (Shelters) until late today or tomorrow. So for now I wait, which I am not happy about either. I will get the pics up tonight and explain what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi FJRC. I'm sorry to hear about this. I went out this weekend in MATGATT (jeans but everything else) - even though I KNOW better!

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Oh, and take your pain meds faithfully for a few days before you have pain. Lot easier to reach and maintain a reasonable level of comfort that way.

Hate to say this but, "welcome to the CC club". Heal up and move on.

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Hopefully things get better soon and you'll be able to get this whole mess sorted out.

Don't worry Page, the Grand Canyon, and Zion will be here for another time. And you have plenty of friends out here to go riding with...

ok wow, i let this morning's 6 am pain pill wear off, just to see how bad things really were. um yeah, OW!!!!! now there's some neck and shoulder soreness too. good lord. :dribble:

Just let me know when you are ready for another adventure ride with HaulinAshe. It'll help you work out the sore spots.

:)

Glad you were not hurt badly. Hang in there and recover quickly!

Jeff

ok wow, i let this morning's 6 am pain pill wear off, just to see how bad things really were. um yeah, OW!!!!! now there's some neck and shoulder soreness too. good lord. :dribble:

Umm... dont do that.

Sorry to hear about your get-off. If the insurance company gives you any trouble, let us know and we will 'correct' their attitude for them.

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell. I let you go on a short ride to Oklahoma and you crash out. Glad you are in good enough shape to get around and even make it to work. That's something. Good thing you're still a youngster. If you were an old fart like me you'd take longer to heal up. And, like Odot said, welcome to the crash club. I'll be calling you shortly.

GP

I feel fine when I sit still, here at the computer at work. As long as I don't try to grab, push, pull or twist I don't feel too much pain from the ribs. But if I do pretty much anything with my right arm, then the ribs let me know it.
Work? Did you say "work?" Home is always better than the hospital...but, work? You are one tough lady!

Rest up. Heal up. Get well soon.

You are kiddin' abt work, right?...unless you work at home!

Michelle, we are praying for you that all will be taken care of and that any hidden injuries will be found so that you can be fully restored. I am glad she had insurance and will be looking forward to a good report on the bike, if it can be fixed or if you will be the proud owner of a 2010 FJR....

Yes I'm at work. I push a mouse, or rather a pen around on a tablet and with having to move twice in the next 2 months, I need money. Walking hurts but sitting here, and keeping fairly still, is doable.

Yeah there won't be a 2010 FJR in my future, I hate silver. Already had a silver one anyways. Not thrilled about black because I know how careful I was with this one and it still got scratched up. I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Sorry Jaime, still no EOM for me. Maybe next year.

My adjuster just looked at the bike and he said he would total it. Am still waiting to hear from the other party's adjusters as to when they can look at. I went ahead and had a local tow company go pick it up from the Sheriff's parking lot and store it securely. They can pay for that too while they are it.

Bummer Michelle, glad you were able to walk away. Get well soon, and get that scooter back on the road.