Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just order mine (front and rear) for my 2006 AE. I was told I should get them in a week or so. They needed to fabricate the rear before sending out.

I'm curious if I need to modify my passenger foot pegs too (I really don't want to bother with it if I can avoid it).

At the risk of asking a redundant question... has anything happened with the fitment for Gen I bikes? I haven't seen anything in about 4 or 5 pages of posts and haven't seen a new thread started. Has anyone successfully fitted a front set on the Gen I with fairing modification?

Has anyone successfully fitted a front set on the Gen I with fairing modification?
A Gen I was taken to their shop for fitment. Other than that, a couple of us have paid for Gen I bars and await merchandise. I sold my sliders over a month ago....
I shot Stephanie a note this morning. Will report back.

Just got my crash bars in, front only, they went on like a dream, about 10 mins. :yahoo: and look great. One more place to put my feet on those 12 hour riding days :clapping: THANKS FJR FORUM, if it wasn't for the Forum I would not even know they (racing 905) existed.

Oh, and it looks like the fit problem some were complaining about has been resolved.

I got an email from Stephanie last night. The Gen 1 bars still aren't quite ready.

Apparently they are working on (2) versions. As you know, Gen 1's need you to cut the fairing to install some frame sliders. That was the initial way they were leaning, but apparently the are also working on a no-cut set.

Still waiting to see if they need anything like a Gen 1 fitment test.

-MD

I got an email from Stephanie last night. The Gen 1 bars still aren't quite ready.
Apparently they are working on (2) versions. As you know, Gen 1's need you to cut the fairing to install some frame sliders. That was the initial way they were leaning, but apparently the are also working on a no-cut set.

Still waiting to see if they need anything like a Gen 1 fitment test.

-MD

I should be getting a full set for a Gen 2 AE (front and rear) in sometime tomorrow or early next week if all goes well.

I'll let you guys know how it fits.

I should be getting a full set for a Gen 2 AE (front and rear) in sometime tomorrow or early next week if all goes well.
I think Stephanie is waiting to hear how they fit before she sends mine out for painting by Garauld. I am frustrated that they charged my credit card 3 months ago but I do understand that they were caught off-guard by the variations in the models.

I think Stephanie is waiting to hear how they fit before she sends mine out for painting by Garauld. I am frustrated that they charged my credit card 3 months ago but I do understand that they were caught off-guard by the variations in the models.

Hmmmm, I ordered mine Monday (this week) and I was told the front were in stock but they had to make the rear. She said it all likely would be sent out to me this Friday.

Three months huh? Can't wait to see how long I'm going to have to wait.

I know I have to wait 4-6 weeks for my Stuntworx crash cage for my ZX10 because they (stuntworx) had to make it first. Made sense to me....

I just mounted the fronts on my 07 AE, and they fit perfectly. I'm going to try to mount the rears by weekend and I'll let everyone know how they fit, I will also let Stephanie know.

I just mounted the fronts on my 07 AE, and they fit perfectly. I'm going to try to mount the rears by weekend and I'll let everyone know how they fit, I will also let Stephanie know.
Great to hear. The fitment issue for the AE I believe was for the front. The fitment issue on the backs were for all models since some changed during the heating for the powercoat. I would appreciate it if you can take the time to PM me on how the rears fit. I probably will call Stephanie today to see what she knows regarding mine.

I just installed rears today, besides not having the hardware to install pegs in bars everything went okay. I'm not sure if you have to install the plate and bushing with peg because it wouldn't fit it's tight without the plate and bushing it fits but still tight. I also noticed that it looks like the pegs bottom out on the bars.

I just installed rears today, besides not having the hardware to install pegs in bars everything went okay. I'm not sure if you have to install the plate and bushing with peg because it wouldn't fit it's tight without the plate and bushing it fits but still tight. I also noticed that it looks like the pegs bottom out on the bars.
Yes, they do (bottom out).

I did not use the bushing, but could have if I was more patient. I did have to spread them a little bit, but the bolt pulled them back together. I tightened them up enough that they won't fold up. But since the bar is there I don't forsee a need to fold them up.

I will go w/o the peg mounts if/when I replace these. Which hopefully isn't any time soon.

-MD

Yes, they do (bottom out).

I did not use the bushing, but could have if I was more patient. I did have to spread them a little bit, but the bolt pulled them back together. I tightened them up enough that they won't fold up. But since the bar is there I don't forsee a need to fold them up.

I will go w/o the peg mounts if/when I replace these. Which hopefully isn't any time soon.

-MD
Did yours come with the bolts and nuts for mounting pegs? What size bolts are they? I tried looking up on Yamaha's web-site but it didn't give the size.

in case anyone was wondering, lean clearance is pretty unaffected by the rear bars-as in, your peg feelers will scrape long before the rear bards do.

tested and verified, accidentally..well, mostly...

Pics, of mine with sliders and crash bars. The sliders were put on a lathe and I just taped them on with a hammer, about and inch, and i cant pull them of by hand. The combo crash bars/peg mounts are the best and my legs are thanking me for It, only $32.95 eBay.
(Pictures deleted)
Thanks for the tip. My pegs were delivered today. I Assume the discs are locks of a sort pressing into the tubing and only the larger clamp is used. That's how it appears in your photos.

Also I was wondering about cutting an old inner tube (will have to find one) to both protect the finish on the tubing and dampen vibration. 'Maybe not such a good idea?

The folded pegs are kept in the up position securely just by friction from correct tightening? I expected a detent or something of the sort.

Lastly, I was wondering about mounting height and the compromise between comfort and hard cornering safety.

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL on further inspection, I noticed the fronts did drag a little though. I might haveta email 905 and recommend an angle cut on the outside lower edge:)

I did manage to lose my black caps too. Definitely time for the delrin parts lol

in case anyone was wondering, lean clearance is pretty unaffected by the rear bars-as in, your peg feelers will scrape long before the rear bards do.
tested and verified, accidentally..well, mostly...