John Ryan Attempts "Ultimate Coast to Coast"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that on the BMW site they called his capacity off at 13 gallons, but I assume that is incorrect, since it sure as heck looks like he is using the exact same "Devils Tower" gas tank he used in the IBR.

Man he can smell FL from where he is now. And yes, this is extremely addictive for thoise of us who can't be out riding.

Still gripped! This is fantastic!

Is there a similar route/record going from say, Goose Bay, Newfoundland to San Ysidro, CA? IIRC, Goose Bay was a possible bonus stop for the 2007 IBR

Anyone know what his tank capacity is?
13 Gallons :blink:
I thought the limit was 11.5 gallons for IBR.

More on the tank: <RyanButt 2007>
The way I understand it 11.5 Gallons is the limit for the IBR Rally, and most Rallies. This is an EXTREME ride. Actually does extreme seem to be the correct word? How about TFIER? Totally F*cking Insane Exrteme Ride? The man is a machine! :yahoo:

GO JOHN, GO!! :yahoo:

Amazing. Wow. Incredible.

Looking at the pictures of that extended gas tank, can you guys imagine how that would contribute to that FJR being even more top-heavy than normal, especially with a full load of fuel? Dang! It's awesome - I love it!!

I noticed that on the BMW site they called his capacity off at 13 gallons, but I assume that is incorrect, since it sure as heck looks like he is using the exact same "Devils Tower" gas tank he used in the IBR.
He has never ran the IBR with this FJR. His '05 run was on a BMW. He wasn't in the '07 rally, but was there, and attempted his own run in parallel.

The limit for the IBR and most other rallies is 11.5 gallons.

It's at least time to start thinking about the champagne on ice. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
GO JOHN, GO!! :yahoo:
Amazing. Wow. Incredible.

Looking at the pictures of that extended gas tank, can you guys imagine how that would contribute to that FJR being even more top-heavy than normal, especially with a full load of fuel? Dang! It's awesome - I love it!!
Especially down the Haul Road! :dribble: HOLY CRAP...

GO JOHN GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
He should feel good now. When he glanced at the atlantic water on the left, that should give him the final boost. Go John go!