My 2013 FJR has arrived.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a call into my dealer today and he called me back and said that they were searching the crates for the missing mud flaps and if they don't find them he would take the one off the 12 they have on the floor..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I ain't gonna tell him different.

R

I had a call into my dealer today and he called me back and said that they were searching the crates for the missing mud flaps and if they don't find them he would take the one off the 12 they have on the floor..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
JEBUS....don't downgrade the poor thing with Gen II parts...the "new" smell ain't even gone yet!

I'm getting mixed messages here. The forum said I can't post too many times, yet I'd only tried to post once. Post didn't show up until I rewrote it, then it posted twice. Tried to delete it and hit the wrong button by mistake. So, I've given Johnny 80's a red card. Sorry John. I still like you, really. Honest, I'm pretty easy going. I even like Richard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading these posts are making me think more about more about making a change. I am having quotes run as we speak. Thanks alot Richard.
You got a dealer open at 10:30 at night!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I made a few stops on the way home today and I will get my quotes back on Wednesday and Thursday. One is for the Yamaha and another for a BMW. I have tried to fight the urge for too long.

Richard have you decided to upgrade your muffler?

I have a 2013 on the way and have one big question: Is the fork damping only adjustable on the right hand fork leg? In the website pics there is no adjuster on the top of the left fork leg and the compression adjuster looks blank on the lower left fork leg. I haven't seen this discussed on any of the articles and it isn't on the Yam site either. What's the manual say?

yep only adjustable on the right fork leg.....

only 1 horn, only 1 heal guard on the exhaust and no mud flap.......did they run out of money?

R

Well went to my local dealer here in Kansas City. They wont have the 2013 FJR till February. I guess you guys on the west coast get them before us midwest folks do. Looks like Im gonna have to wait to get my hands on one or take a long drive.

ed

Blessed are the 2nd gen owners, for without them there would be no 3rd gen. :clapping:
I think you meant to say "Blessed are the gonorrhea patients, for without them there would be no cephalosporins."
Well, at least you've got the concept, maybe need to work on the particulars. :huh:

Congratulations to the OP on the new bike, I'm interested to see how the different power maps are utilized. I'd love to have cruise control, maybe someday.

Yup, sorry... I should have something to that effect.

That was true of any of the spacers that were used previously, so it would hold true now too. You need to extend the bolts that protrude from the back of the mirrors. I believe that SW Motech makes some spacers for the 2nd gens that may or may not fit into the depressed area of the G3. Of course that would be assuming that the mirrors are the same as G2 , with the same bolt spacing, which they look to be.

edit - Yup, here is a link to the SW Motech G2 spacers with the extension pieces.
Wow ,I have never seen these. This looks like the problem solver for the mirrors if they will fit the recessed area on the G3

I'm thinking that they should fit, if (and that is a big if) the mirrors are actually the same as those on the 2nd gen bikes. Those spacers are the same footprint as the bottom of the 2nd gen mirrors, so they should be the right size to fit into the depressed area of the faring.

you know what Fred you might be right, i was looking at the spacers on the right side of the page, these are not going to work with and kind of light bracket though as there will be too much flapping around.

R

Does the display offer multiple pages of info? If so, where is the selection toggle for the pages?
yes it has 3 pages and you can customize each page to read what you want, and it is selectable by first the menu button then toggling thru the screen,heated grips and the display, it ia actually very easy to use.

R

So we finally get "flash to pass" on our high beam switch! Yeah baby!