• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is an FJR forum and this is a bit esoteric, but I have a full set of mounting hardware for a OEM Yamaha Raider detachable backrest. I know some people had complained of losing some bits here and there from improper installs etc.

It is up for grabs if anyone here can use it. I will post it up on the Raider forum if no bites here....

I owe, so FJR related, I have a soft cover copy of "The Man Who Would Stop At Nothing", ala John Ryan. I didnt finish it reading it so some of the words are still new. i will pay postage, cant be too much.

I may be out of touch later for a couple hours today, fyi. P

Here's an interesting 'Pay it Forward' item for the right individual...

For local people only - San Jose Bay Area.

This is a take off tire. It is the Michelin Pilot Exalto.

There are no tears, cuts ,or plugs/patches. The tire was an excellent runner, up until I went on disability last month - Yes I am still dark siding, I took this downtime opportunity to get my next car tire mounted.

I got *PMS something awful.

IMG_2694_zpse0e32612.jpg

I just removed it from my rear wheel this afternoon, and it is in great shape. I use tire spoons for getting it mounted and dis-mounted, it works pretty well if you have the right equipment. There are approx. 36,000 miles on the tire. The tread is almost touching the tire wear bars, I estimate another 4 or 5,000 miles left in it. Since it is summer time, and there isn't a whole lot of rain in the forecast in this neck of the woods, I would think it would make a good summer tire for someone who is curious about how their bike would handle Darksided.

Here's the catch…

This is only for EXPERENCED FJR riders in my neighborhood - locals.

The tire is free - the brake torque arm is for an even swap, bring me your torque arm and you get this one.

You're on your own on getting this tire mounted.

Just send me a PM and we will see if we can get together on this.

Here is an inexpensive way to see if The Dark Side might work out for you.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

* PMS - Parked Motorcycle Syndrome

Last edited by a moderator:
I owe, so FJR related, I have a soft cover copy of "The Man Who Would Stop At Nothing", ala John Ryan. I didnt finish it reading it so some of the words are still new. i will pay postage, cant be too much.
I may be out of touch later for a couple hours today, fyi. P
I'd like to read that. If it's still up for grabs, I'll go dig in the motorcycle box(es) out in the garage and come up with a worthy trade-in. PM'ing you too.

I'll jump on this! Now I have to find something "special"

I have no idea why this has come to a stop. The idea is it would perpetuate for ever, since people add things and there are commitments made to contribute. I dunno...

Anyway, I have more goodness to share.

I have a RAM GPS cradle for a nuvi 7XX series that I bouht for a 765T (great GPS BTW) which ended up going away in a Jeep Wrangler I sold, because the new owner just loved the way I had it set up in the Jeep.

Here's what it is on FleaBay:

RAM Hol GA26U

And yes, this comes with the 1" Ram Ball onthe back like in the ad, but I may disassemble to get it into a small Priority Mail box. I'll ask that you pay the paltry shipping which should be right at $5,

%24_3.JPG

Subscribing to this thread....just spent the last two hours reading every thread.

FANTASTIC idea, Fred. I knew there was a reason I didn't hate you!
biggrin.png

I've got a whole bunch of '04 motor parts I can contribute to the PIF thread, but will wait for a PIF I'm interested in (wish I knew about this thread 3 years ago
sad.png
) before I start PIF'ing motor parts around the nation.
smile.png

I've got a rotary dimmer switch from Justin @LED Rider I'd like to offer up. Never used, NIB condition. You pay shipping, should be $5 or so. Would like if you have something to offer up in the spirit of PIF.

I've got a rotary dimmer switch from Justin @LED Rider I'd like to offer up. Never used, NIB condition. You pay shipping, should be $5 or so. Would like if you have something to offer up in the spirit of PIF.
Ooooh! That is a very generous PIF.

I have, and have used, one of those dimmers on my '05. I'm just waiting to work out some sort of mounting scheme for the '14 and it will go back on. Fits nice in the glovebox.

<br />I've got a rotary dimmer switch from Justin @LED Rider I'd like to offer up. Never used, NIB condition. You pay shipping, should be $5 or so. Would like if you have something to offer up in the spirit of PIF.
I need one of these but I'll have to figure out what I might have to contribute that I'm willing to get rid of.

I need one of these but I'll have to figure out what I might have to contribute that I'm willing to get rid of.
We would have to see a picture of your wife first ;)