• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For my thank-you to Vtwinn and this PIF thread....

I have a brand new / mint condition Kevin Baker KB Fork Brace (sorry no pics)

It's black, clean as the day it was made, no dust shields (similar to a Superbrace/ MCL)

Fits all years FJR (but not ES) Free to a good home.

Last edited by a moderator:
For my thank-you to Vtwinn and this PIF thread....
I have a brand new / mint condition Kevin Baker KB Fork Brace (sorry no pics)

It's black, clean as the day it was made, no dust shields (similar to a Superbrace/ MCL)

Fits all years FJR (but not ES) Free to a good home.
Roger, I'll take that fork brace for my '06. I will PM you with my address, and please let me know the shipping costs. Many thanks!

Keith

Keith, Fork Brace is shipped. Expect delivery wednesday. Shipping is on me... enjoy!

Roger, the brace arrived today. Thank you!

First of all, I will NEVER again try to post pics on this site. 4 times of computer lock-up and I've learned my lesson.

OK, offered up to a new home is a center stand from my 2006 FJR. All the parts are there including the spring. However, the guy who owned the bike before me lost control of the bike while trying to put it on the center stand. The bike fell over, away from him. I suppose his way to prevent that from ever happening again was to cut off the step bar. So this is a complete center stand assembly, without the step bar sticking up beside your exhaust. It still works fine, and the stand tucks up under the bike where it can't be seen.

I'll be happy to send you some pics. Just drop me a PM with your email address. I'd love to ship it for free, but this assembly is heavy. I'd like to get a $10 donation toward the shipping cost.

PM me if interested.

Keith

Not interested in taking the center stand off your hands, but legitimately curious, how would you get the bike up on it without the "step bar" foot-piece thingy?

Not too difficult actually. Step on the foot of the left stand leg, hold it down to the floor and pull up and back. It's not as easy as using the step bar, but it works. And if you're a guy that doesn't use the center stand much, it gives the bike a cleaner look because there's no step bar sticking up beside the exhaust. It's not for everybody, but if someone wants it, can't beat the price.

Here it is - for the *cheapskate forum members here in the San Jose Bay Area...

Take Off Tires

Michelin PR 4

Both front and rear were replaced when I went back to the darkside. No plugs, no scars. They still have a few miles left in them, yours for the asking.
Local inquiries only.

IMG_0442_zpscbg69gww.jpg

IMG_0500_zps81z9qik6.jpg

*You know who you are, you're probably burning through a small stack of these that reside in your storage shed alongside your NoMar tire changer.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

I posted this as a for sale, but it's really a pay it forward. I will have shortly a left saddle bag from a 2014 available that took a trip on its own down the road. So various road rashes.

If you have a need for it or would like to try your hand at refinishing and reselling, it's all yours. You just have to pay shipping from 20874. I'll ship in the box that it's replacement comes in and will give you costs when I box it up.

first come first served, early bird and the worm, know when to hold 'em, etc.

ok, spoken for,

I have two mesh jackets up for grabs. One is a Teknik, grey & white, the other is a AGV Hi-Viz and black. One is a men's large, one a men's XL, but essentially the same size. I wore both for a couple seasons, they're still in good shape although would benefit from a trip through the car wash. Both have elbow, should and back armor pads.

I bought a Motoport jacket last year and haven't used either mesh since. I an 6'0", 185 lbs, long arms.

I tried a couple times to post photos, got discouraged and gave up.

If you're interested and want a photo, PM me with an email address.

Pay shipping and one or both is yours.

Russ

This is something that came installed on my '08 Advanced Edition...

Ersatz Graphite Fiber Frame Sliders

IMG_0554_zpsmkxjf9ra.jpg

IMG_0553_zps2171adns.jpg

They looked good on the bike, however I prefer the Motivation brand sliders. I just changed them out this past weekend, and now these are available for pay it forward. They are for the second generation FJR - 2006 through 2012.

No they are not made of Graphite Fiber, they just have that look printed on them.

They do have a metal sleeve through the Nylon part to properly bolt up to the engine mounts.

The one post with the grind marks on the metal part was so it could fit in the cap screw counterbore on the frame.

Yours - for the price of shipping.

I prefer to ship UPS Ground from the San Jose Bay Area

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

I have two mesh jackets up for grabs. One is a Teknik, grey & white, the other is a AGV Hi-Viz and black. One is a men's large, one a men's XL, but essentially the same size. I wore both for a couple seasons, they're still in good shape although would benefit from a trip through the car wash. Both have elbow, should and back armor pads.
I bought a Motoport jacket last year and haven't used either mesh since. I an 6'0", 185 lbs, long arms.

I tried a couple times to post photos, got discouraged and gave up.

If you're interested and want a photo, PM me with an email address.

Pay shipping and one or both is yours.

Russ

Photo assist for Uncle Rusty...

Jackets.jpg

PM sent for both jackets. Ones gonna go to a new rider who doesn't know better (and needs help with atgatt)

Fair enough PJ. Feels appropriate to facilitate the education of new riders in the importance of protective gear. In the spirit of 'Pay it Forward', how about we see a photo of the new rider properly attired?

Hmmm. I'm gonna try. It's kinda a sad story. His dad died in the line of duty as a paramedic. His son wants to learn to ride, and a coworker started teaching him. I offered to help him find a bike to buy. We're both (and his mom) are pushing him to take the MSF class. I'm trying to teach an 18 yr old to male the right decision :)