Posting Photos before 2022

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Able.

2014_DSC05558_zps2bc1d47a.jpg

2014_DSC05555_zps38de4372.jpg

The following is true for using Windoze & Firefox, other platforms work somewhat different. What are you using?

In Photobucket, click in the box that says: Links to share this photo Direct The box should flash a color and say copied. Go to the Reply to this topic in the Forum. Click on the Insert Picture icon (box with green inside), when the popup box opens paste the link from Photobucket (Ctrl V). Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i click on the picture box on this forum i get a green screen that never ends....nothing else happens and i must go back to get out !

What browser are you using?

How long have you waited before giving up on the "working" indicator bar (green box with moving do dads inside it)?

Based on lots of past experience in customer support across thousands of machines (and some little time with this forum), it's on the browser side. Try resetting it to default in case something changed those settings.

Tools, Advanced, (then toward the bottom is a button called something like Reset to Default).

then reboot and try again.

I just copy/ paste link directly in the message body. Also, turning off the little light switch has helped when posting photos and videos, at least for me it did.

Good point. If you "flip off the switch" in the upper left of the edit window, you go to "view code" mode (turn off WYSIWYG mode).

When you are there, you can just post pics by manually entering the image bookends - [ img ] your jpg link [ / img ]

(remove the spaces)

Good point. If you "flip off the switch" in the upper left of the edit window, you go to "view code" mode (turn off WYSIWYG mode).
When you are there, you can just post pics by manually entering the image bookends - [ img ] your jpg link [ / img ]

(remove the spaces)

Yep, or... the format of the scripting on the latest forum software (what the image button creates] doesn't use the typical opening [ img ] and closing [ /img ] "bookends" you mention. Instead it is a single line like this:

[ img = https://"direct link to image".jpg ] (with all spaces removed)

It seems either method will work.

I have totally given up in posting any pictures on this forum. Several other forums .... no problem Do I care? no! That's just how I feel.

You can post all the pictures you want on this forum. You just have to host 'em somewhere else.

When I finish the mods on my bike, I'm going to create some web pages of them and post a link on this site.

Test photo post

Givi V47
Very nice red14es!

In Photobucket, Shared Links, click once in the Direct Link box, the box should quickly change color indicating that the link was copied. In the Forum message box, in the tool bar at the top, click on the green picture box
PictureIcon_zps8da96c16.jpg
and then paste the copied link into the popup box (Ctrl V).

Status
Not open for further replies.