Prayers for my Deb

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys humble me - I feel honored to know you all, some if only via the forum.We saw the Oncology Surgeon today and his talk eased our minds considerably. We are fortunate to belong to the Univ. Cal.Davis medical system so we have access to cutting edge technology.

Surgery (lumpectomy) this coming Tuesday will reveal more -- prognosis hopefully not as bad as we first were led to believe.

Thank you all again for your good wishes , links to more information, and offers of help.

We WILL beat this thing -- sure of it ! We have family and FJR folks to lean on, ,,,, can't beat that huh?
Our prayers and good thoughts to the both of you.

Cyndi was diagnosed about 12 years ago and all I can say is UC Davis is the greatest. Your in good hands.

I'm not sure how this one got by me but please know that you have massive amounts of positive energy being sent your way. Here is to a full recovery and a long and happy life together.

Chris

Rog, Deb, you have EXTRA prayers coming your way. Stay focused and strong! You'll get throught it, I'm sure.

Randy

Roger,

My prayers are with you and Deb. Remember God has a plan for all of us. We sometimes can't comprehend it BUT never the less he does.

Thoughts and Prayers,

WW

You guys humble me - I feel honored to know you all, some if only via the forum.We saw the Oncology Surgeon today and his talk eased our minds considerably. We are fortunate to belong to the Univ. Cal.Davis medical system so we have access to cutting edge technology.

Surgery (lumpectomy) this coming Tuesday will reveal more -- prognosis hopefully not as bad as we first were led to believe.

Thank you all again for your good wishes , links to more information, and offers of help.

We WILL beat this thing -- sure of it ! We have family and FJR folks to lean on, ,,,, can't beat that huh?
[SIZE=18pt]Best of luck today in your surgery Debbie! We are all behind you![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger, we've been praying and hoping for you all day. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Mom's still here so we can do a few things if you need.

:clapping: [SIZE=14pt]Good News: Deb is out of surgery![/SIZE] :clapping:

Roger just called me from the hospital. Deb is out of surgery and is in recovery. He hopes to get in to see her within the hour (depending on her recovery rate from anesthesia). They completed the lumpectomy and also took a couple of lymph nodes, all to be tested and the results in a week or so.

Roger plans to bring Deb home tonight once released by the Doc. Their Dr. knows how nervous Deb is and says she'll do fine at home. Rog has the pain pills, etc. .....now its just "time".

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news Mike. Thanks for letting us know so promptly. I'm sure Rog will make a great home-nurse. If he has any questions, you tell him to drop me a PM. I know a little, not a lot but would be happy to help if I could.

Jill

I've summoned all the positive energies I could your way. May all the good dust land on you in this stormy time. I lost my Mom to that bastard when Iwas 17,she was 38.Medicine isn't what it used to be,thankfully. I have absolutely no pity for cancer. The pt's ,yes, just to make that clear.

You have my prayers as well. Fight that C word. I can't stand to hear about it............. Hang in there.

Bryan

Six months ago you all came through with help for our son Andy.Could I request the same again please? - this time for Debbie.

She's just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

She has mammograms every year and nothing was seen till recently, so, hopefully we've got it early.

All we know for now is that it's a fast growing kind and we see a Surgical Oncologist for a full scenario tomorrow.

Any good thoughts would be welcome -- thanks guys.
Ouch. We went through that scare and my wife has had biopsies on her breasts and moles removed from her back. Best of luck to both of you. From what little I know, early detection is key and you seem to have that part nailed. Well done. Too many of us avoid seeing the doctor until it's too late.

Rancho

My wife was diagnosed with invasive ductile carcinoma in 2001. The last 6 years have been "interesting", to say the least.

It's already been said, but The Lord DOES have a plan for you both, our lives ARE in His hands. Whether we are diagnosed with something or not.

Couple of quick things, you probably aready know: Don't be afraid to question the health care providers thouroghly, they work for you. Explore ALL the options before you commit to a treatment plan, you two have the final say so on what you chose to do. A positive attitude is essential. Fight with ALL you have!

I am praying for you both.

God Bless, Dale

Rog and Debbie, I've only just caught up with this thread. Our preyers are with you guys. We pray that God will grant you strength as you face the times ahead, and that you will come to know His peace and the plans he has for you. Besides listening to the medicos, and taking advice (after weighing it up against what you believe you should), listen for what God may be saying.

All our best wishes, together with our heartflet prayers.

David and Zea.