• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Replacement ZUMO Security Screw / Knob

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
112 as I count it so far. Tim, I think you opened, nay, tore to pieces, Pandora's Box with this one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The manufacturer should be back to work this coming Monday. I will be honest, and fess up that I have not had a chance to check into shipping costs since i got back from NAFO, but I will make a point of it on Monday. Hopefully, I should have a total unit price for everyone by mid-week next week.

Thanks to everyone for their interest.

The manufacturer should be back to work this coming Monday. I will be honest, and fess up that I have not had a chance to check into shipping costs since i got back from NAFO, but I will make a point of it on Monday. Hopefully, I should have a total unit price for everyone by mid-week next week.
Can I get my order in for 2.. Thanks

No rush. WE can extend a deadline till Wed, but after that you would have to take a 20% pay cut.

:yahoo:

OK. I just sent the manufactures an E-mail to check on security screws for other models of Garmin units.

As it stands right now, if I place an order for 100 or more screws, the price to me is 433.50 Euros. At ther curent exchange rate, that is $711.97. that is assuming my math is right. I have checked on shipping, and It will cost about $2.14 for me to ship these out to people. I checked with PayPal, and they stated that their fees are 2.9% and $0.30 per transaction.

SO:

It looks like we are looking at $9.75 for one screw, and $17.37 for two screws.

I am asking you all to HOLD OFF for a few more days, until I find out about the possibility of screws for other models.

I WILL START A NEW THREAD WHEN WE ARE READY TO ORDER.

Please stay tuned.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

OK, so I was finally able to work through some of the payment issues I was having for the screws, and here is the latest!

I was worried about a few things in putting this group buy together, not the least of which was having money from a bunch of forum members, and using their money to buy something that was coming for Europe. It could be tough to get a refund if things go bad, and I didn't want people thinking I was doing anything crooked. I know it is only a few bucks per person, but the principle is still the same. So, here is what I have done, and how I plan to proceed.

I just got done sending payment for an order of 150 of the ZUMO security screws. I used my own money for the order, and once I have the screws in hand I will start another thread letting forum members know how, and where they can send money. I will use the list in this thread as a reservation list, so if you have posted up to now, I am planning that you want to make a purchase. If something has changed, it is no big deal, I think I can find other buyers, but you have screws reserved based off of this thread.

Once I start the thread saying I have the screws in hand, and can start shipping them, I will give forum members 2-3 weeks to reply, after that I will be going to some of the other forums I frequent to sell of any remaining screws, probably at a few dollars more than what I will be selling them for to the forum members who have stated they are interested.

Speaking of price, the good news is that the dollar has gained a little strength over the last week, so I think I will be able to drop the end price by a few pennies. i will post the final price when the screws come in, since I want to double check my shipping costs when I have the actual screws in hand.

I know this is not the normal way to handle a group buy, but since I am using only my money up to this point, I htink it will be OK.

If any member wishes to see copies of my invoice for the screws, or my actual costs for shipping them to members, please send me a PM, and I will get you documentation.

That's all for now. I should have the screws in about 2-3 weeks. So hold tight, and I will get back to you all.

Mr. Impatient -- AKA TriggerT

Last edited by a moderator:
If any member wishes to see copies of my invoice for the screws, or my actual costs for shipping them to members, please send me a PM, and I will get you documentation.
That's all for now. I should have the screws in about 2-3 weeks. So hold tight, and I will get back to you all.

Something sounds off here.

I think you need to take pictures of all six side of the box when it arrives. We need to see the box was actually postage stamped on the other side of the pond. In addition, we need any dirt or smudges from the box tested to ensure the dirt is not native to the US.

I am still in, just let me know how much and when to pay. Thanks for setting this up.

Atta boy T. Good on ya for stepping up and being the front man. I'm still in for however many I'm in for... :blink:

Thanks!

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
at a few dollars more than what I will be selling them for to the forum members who have stated they are interested.

Speaking of price, the good news is that the dollar has gained a little strength over the last week, so I think I will be able to drop the end price by a few pennies. i will post the final price when the screws come in, since I want to double check my shipping costs when I have the actual screws in hand.

I know this is not the normal way to handle a group buy, but since I am using only my money up to this point, I htink it will be OK.

Thanks Trigger!

I will sell 148 of them (keeping 2 for myself) in the order people have posted up on this thread, and then order of payment. If other people are looking for them, I think we are at about 130 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.