Signup For E. KY Ride April 11-14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking forward to joining the ride. I will be breaking off and heading home sometime Sunday.

I would like a copy of the garmin route file.

No lodging arrangments yet but I will get that worked out soon.

Lextrane

Well, I am still on for the ride. I am going to get rooms at Lil'Abners and then in Middleburg and I trying tomorrow to get the room at Breaks switched over to my credit card. We'll see if Drewvanracer is still looking for a roomie.
Heidi, this weekend was a bummer; the wife and one of the girls came down with the flu Friday night and then Saturday morning. I had to be Dr. Dad over the weekend. Poor girls, they were sickies. :bad:

Until the next episode,

Violione
Good deal Jay,

Glad to hear that you're still in on the KY adventure... & I DO understand that it will be an adventure! :yahoo:

Sorry to hear about your critters. Good thing that we didn't go riding, eh? Everything happens for a reason. My reason..... the St Paddy's Day Parade in Norfolk. Good Lord... what a party & a half!

Everyone at the Ponderosa feeling better, yet?

Lextrane, you lookin' for roomy on Saturday night? PM Jay

I am looking forward to joining the ride. I will be breaking off and heading home sometime Sunday.
I would like a copy of the garmin route file.

No lodging arrangments yet but I will get that worked out soon.

Lextrane
Shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you mapsource files. Let me know what version of mapsource you have. If not, I can send you them via google maps, and you can put them into your own gps format.

Well, it looks as though this may end up being my first ride of the new year. (f'in weather ruined last weekend!) I'm busy for the next couple of weeks, sooooo IS IT APRIL 10TH YET?
Heidi that sucks!

Were not that far off now! I tell myself every day at work, "I'm doing this for April... I'm doing this for April....."

"I'm doing this for April... I'm doing this for April....."
Who is April? Does she look good?
Good is an understatement. Sometimes I think god created her in his image. :D

nice_lady_body_builder_ugly_woman_f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being an accountant and April 15th coming up fast, I need to get my stuff ready now for the KY ride.

Is anyone planning on using GMRS or FRS communication for the ride?

I have the stuff but have never installed it on the bike.

Drew

JeffAshe & I will both be packing bike to bike (I think that my chatterbox is GMRS... not positive, though).... although, I need him to help me get my system up and running. Jeff is using a Starcom advanced.

Heidi

I've got the old chatterbox. clicky

I have no idea if it will work with other chatterbox units or not??? Maybe I should bring it along just in case?

I'm betting that it will, Keith. Bring it if you're the least bit interested in using it.

[SIZE=12pt]Woo hoo - I am set! Got the Breaks reservation switched! :yahoo: Drewvanracer I am PM you today! Also I have GMRS and/or FRS as well. If any one is an HAM operator, so am I (KD4JKW) so it looks like four of us have communications. On the bike I can run 6 meters, 2 meters, 440Mhz & 1.2 Ghz. But thats probably greek to most. :ph34r: I just don't have a comm system to listen to music and the 2way -- yet. That's the next farkle I think. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Lextrane - I got a room at Lil'Abners in Staton, KY, Its a single for $46.00. A double was $58.00 I think? Got another room in Middlesboro, KY at Boone Trail Inn for $40.00, a single as well. Both placed are under 10 miles from where the rest of the misfits are staying! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Heidi - yep their all feeling better now. Could not belive the luck of that weekend - jeeze! [/SIZE]

I'm betting that it will, Keith. Bring it if you're the least bit interested in using it.
It says it has 2 FRS channels. I think that is different than GMRS channels, although I don't know what either of those stand for.... :dntknw:

Quote about the GMRS X1 chatterbox:

"There is a large illuminated LCD display to display the FRS/GMRS channel and quiet code you're using . You can tune into any of the 22 available FRS/GMRS channels to communicate with other FRS/GMRS-compatible communications systems from Chatterbox or any other manufacturer."

Sooo..... does that mean it works? Anyone know about this crap, I'm lost..

Yeah well, I'm not sure if I have GMRS or FRS. My unit came to me on a sunny (but cold) day & I haven't used it, yet. It has yet to be hooked up.

Keith, Jeff is good w/ this bike to bike stuff & I'm sure that he knows if it'll work or not.

Yeah well, I'm not sure if I have GMRS or FRS. My unit came to me on a sunny (but cold) day & I haven't used it, yet. It has yet to be hooked up.
Keith, Jeff is good w/ this bike to bike stuff & I'm sure that he knows if it'll work or not.
Probably, but I'm impatient, so i started reading some more. Found this, but it was was in reference to walkie talkies, although, I guess the chatterbox pretty much is a walkie talkie?

"Can I communicate with any other FRS/GMRS radio within range?

Yes, you can communicate with any other FRS or GMRS radio within range, regardless of make and model, provided you’re on the same band and channel. Essentially this means that when within range, any FRS radio can communicate with any other FRS radio, any GMRS radio can communicate with any other GMRS radio, and any FRS/GMRS hybrid can communicate with either variety."

So as long as they have the same band and channel, they will work. I would think they made it pretty universal, particularly from a newer to older chatterbox unit.

I will have an extra radio if someone wants to buy one of these.

[SIZE=10pt]AVP-H2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

• Accesory Speaker Microphone for Motorcycle Helmet.
  • For Closed Faced Helmet
  • Includes two speakers that attach inside the helmet.
  • Boom microphone to go inside helmet.
  • PTT button that wraps on handle bar.
  • Extra long cable
  • Works with ALL Midland GMRS/FRS Radios.
  • One piece per order.
pricing.jpg
[SIZE=10pt]Price: $49.95[/SIZE]

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

AVPH2_Large.jpg
Large Image

Most all GMRS radios are an extended channel set of FRS. The first seven(7) channels on the Chatterbox GMRS units are the same as FRS frequencies (and channel numbers).

Here's an unpublished tidbit for you. Whenever you are using Chatterbox Channels 1-7 and subchannel-0, the unit is working in Hi Power mode and has maximum range. You have to move out into the higher GMRS-only channels for the RF power (and subsequent battery consumption) to reduce.

We should all be good-to-go with bike2bike.