What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played with the front seat yesterday. There is no way to position the drivers seat where it is high in the front and low in the back (or vice versa). The two front slots are staggered such that the latch at the back will only catch on the appropriate height slot in the tang.
It's either high or it's low.
I'll have to take another look at it I guess. The front felt a little unsteady so even though I liked the front/back feel I didn't like the tiny wobble at the front so I set it back to normal low.

If you guys are saying it isn't possible then maybe I got it into some weird configuration that isn't supposed to work? I'll try it again and see if I can tell what's going on. I definitely managed something that isn't "normal" high/high or low/low but it may not have been what I thought.

There's a wobble that you can't get around if you force the front high and the back low. If there was a way, factory or otherwise, to put the stock seat high in front and low in the back, it'd be a godsend. As far as I know, there isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooked the battery charger up to the Feej today. Its getting closer. Tons of sand on the roads right now be careful out there folks.

Dave

I rode it to the Zoo

6D41155B-247C-4F41-A147-BFAFB701D0D0.jpg

I played with the front seat yesterday. There is no way to position the drivers seat where it is high in the front and low in the back (or vice versa). The two front slots are staggered such that the latch at the back will only catch on the appropriate height slot in the tang.
It's either high or it's low.
I'll have to take another look at it I guess. The front felt a little unsteady so even though I liked the front/back feel I didn't like the tiny wobble at the front so I set it back to normal low.

If you guys are saying it isn't possible then maybe I got it into some weird configuration that isn't supposed to work? I'll try it again and see if I can tell what's going on. I definitely managed something that isn't "normal" high/high or low/low but it may not have been what I thought.
You guys convinced me I might be crazy so I took another look at the seat and it definitely works if you put the front tab into the high slot and slide the seat back a little so that the rear peg (?) goes into the low hole. It leaves a bit of a gap at the front by the tank and has a slight wobble but is securely latched so it isn't going anywhere.

I liked the feeling of having the front elevated but decided after a few rides that did not overcome my dislike of the slightly "unstable" feeling side to side.

At least I know I'm not crazy but agree it isn't "supposed" to work that way so you have to decide for yourself if it's worth it or not.

Well, as the machine was running making parts I was able to do a little work on the bike. Pulled the windscreen off, taped it up and got it ready to chop off a little bit that was hitting the handguards. I put the screen through the band saw and cut the corners off. Some filing and sanding and you would never know what happened. Cleaned everything all up and put it back together.

I also started her up and drove her. Only two shifts thow. One up and then down. Don't ask me why I did it that way. Went from one bay to the other. Less than 25 feet but it felt great hearing that baby purr again. Tomorrow an oil change to get ready for the spring riding. For Odot I will try an count how many shifts it takes to get to work.

So anxious, good night all,

Dave

Wifey got her first ride on the 13. We took curvy country back roads and ended up in Saluda,NC...I got extra points because we stopped at some shops in town. Great ride up there!

I rode it to the Zoo
[img=[URL="https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Cirquerider/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/6D41155B-247C-4F41-A147-BFAFB701D0D0.jpg%5D"]https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/Cirquerider/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/6D41155B-247C-4F41-A147-BFAFB701D0D0.jpg][/URL]
There was a rally this weekend???

Finally got around to starting my pre-season maintenance. 30k miles since last year and have only done oil and tire changes since then.

78rGMT.jpg

I cleaned and oiled my UNI air filter. It is sitting on the snow blower drying. No hurry to get it back in the FJR because we got more snow the past couple of days and flurries this morning.