What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the wheel with the car tire on it off and put the wheel with the bike tire on it on. Then it took a few miles to relearn just how twitchy this bike can be with a bike tire on it after 6000 miles of car tire.

Having a hard time at work...

Having a hard time getting to ride...

Busy dreaming that I 'could' be doing the IBR and have a million roads, routes, plans going on in my mind...

Go Tripper Mike and all the other 'tougher than I can imagine' IBR riders!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday: Replaced the armor in my Yamaha mesh jacket with brand new Alpinestars padding. The old pieces (on the right) were falling apart.

armor_zps6my6u7ke.jpg

Today: Left the Yamaha jacket at home, put on the 'Stich and rode to work in the pouring rain so I could give a morale boost to IBR riders traveling through Atlanta.

Uncle Hud posted: Today: Left the Yamaha jacket at home, put on the 'Stich and rode to work in the pouring rain so I could give a morale boost to IBR riders traveling through Atlanta.
It was wet -- really wet -- and I saw zero IBR riders. No big deal; got in some well-needed miles, and traffic was zilch.

Rode a couple hrs up the road to have lunch with Ken the HD Guy then meandered back south vis BRP for a while. It was nice. Also tested about 12 miles of new/nearly deserted section of interstate.

Spooned on some T30 EVO GT tires for upcoming 1000 mile ride later this week. Also mounted two of the same on my brother's FJR. Mounting four T30s in one afternoon is a workout!
I mounted a set last week. Just rolled in from a few thousands miles of riding in the Sierras. Pretty awesome tires. However they developed a pretty severed 45 mph head shake about 6 days in. :(

Took the wheels off to have new PR2's put on. It amazes me what you get used to, like riding with worn rubber and fighting a turn in on a long sweeper etc. The new rubber is like a brand new ride, just goes where I put it w/o effort ! While I was at it, took off and lubed the swing arm and pivot joints. An accomplished day.

The swingarm looked great inside, no slop or bearing play. 56k miles on it, I'm the 2nd owner and PO had not had it checked before so I was a bit concerned. I did need to replace pivot bearings last summer.

Finally got to ride this morning and more starting early this afternoon, as I was out of town in teh cage for teh last week and a half.

NBB

Latest posts