What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got back from my trip and my Canyon cage was waiting, I got to install a set at Fairlaner's / Richard's tech day.
punk.gif

Valve check

Pair plates

Spark Plugs

Installed Road Runner’s Spider Beater Setup

Changed Antifreeze

Installed Speed Bleeders

Flushed Brake and Clutch Fluids

Removed Fairing Nose, Cleaned and Greased Windshield Rails

Remove Penske Shock (Seals Blown –GP Next Stop)

Changed Air Filter

Thanked Panman & escapefjrtist For Spending Their Day Off Helping Me (Or Maybe Me Helping Them)

Did I Miss Anything Guys?

Thanked My Phone A Friend, ahchiu, For Helping Me Get That Dang Fairing Nose Off

The Combined Knowledge Of the Forum And My Friends Is An Amazing Thing
fan_1.gif

Remove Penske Shock (Seals Blown –GP Next Stop
Niehart what in heaven's name have you been doing to blow the seals on your Penske shock? Have you been riding on Carver's driveway for the fun of it?

Today my FJR is on the Tender.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well mine's on the tender as well. Family gave me for Xmas a Yoshimura pipe for my Gixxer, so I'll be redirecting my attention towards that.

I'm sort of procrastinating to build my fuse block for my FeeJay, so I hope I'll catch a bug of inspiration to get cracking on it some time soon.

Apart from it, I'm busy planning with a friend of mine a bunch of rides, for the coming season, so I'm fighting my blondness to get a hang with Garmin's base camp software.....

@Niehart,

Cool you stood busy, was hoping you'd see my entry on the meet, would have loved to hang out with you, as I still owe you one on the botched meet at GP.

V

RPK

Took the battery tender off the FJR and plugged in the Duc.

Isn't this a sad sight.

025.jpg

028.jpg

Both bike up on stands/jacks for the winter.

Dumbest thing I ever did..........I hate life.

someone just fucking shoot me.
Any of you guys ever wondered what the problem is? God forbid, but it could be you????

Attached is a photo of my wife, she's no where near perfect but who says I am. Been married for 22 years, I tell everyone that it's been the best 14 or 15 years of my life. This year, we did a little over 5,500 miles 2-up on the FJR and the DR650.

2-up+2012.jpg

As for the FJR, I haven't had time to do much to her lately but I still have some riding to do before the year is over.....and I am sure it will be 2-up too!
bleh.gif

Took the battery tender off the FJR and plugged in the Duc.
Isn't this a sad sight.

[img=[URL="https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/airboss11/025.jpg?t=1356728306%5D"]https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/airboss11/025.jpg?t=1356728306][/URL]

[img=[URL="https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/airboss11/028.jpg?t=1356728319%5D"]https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/airboss11/028.jpg?t=1356728319][/URL]

Both bike up on stands/jacks for the winter.
It's a sad sight, but look on the bright side: those garden tools will see less use in the coming months, too.

Replaced my first headlight bulb today (battery side). Next time it won't take over a 1/2 an hour. That spring thingie was tricky.

Also, I adjusted my LED aux. lights. I had them a tad too high and some on coming traffic was flashing their headligts at me... during the day. I am enjoying the added visibility, though. I also installed a stainless wave washer between the fender bolt and the light to give it just a bit more resistance to backing out from the vibration. ACE hardware dude wouldn't take my $0.10 - said he'd catch me next time.
smile.png

Finially, I'm researching grip heaters.....

Valve check

Pair plates

Spark Plugs

Changed Antifreeze

Installed Speed Bleeders

Changed Air Filter

Thanked Panman & escapefjrtist For Spending Their Day Off Helping Me (Or Maybe Me Helping Them)

Thanked My Phone A Friend, ahchiu, For Helping Me Get That Dang Fairing Nose Off

fan_1.gif
Funny looking Rotor's!

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Valve check

Pair plates

Spark Plugs

Changed Antifreeze

Installed Speed Bleeders

Changed Air Filter

fan_1.gif
Funny looking Rotor's!

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg
Why did you guys take the forks off, the list did not mention any fork work?