What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a ride despite cold weather for 15 Miles. Wind was unbearable , wish we had some wind protection for our hands

On snowmobiles we put these big socks on the handle bars that we can put our hands into but also be able to run all the buttons and what-not.....maybe you can look into something like that. You can always get heated grips or heated gloves...

2013 comes with heated grips . Some wind protection like v storm would be better . I heard v storm won't fit 2013 models

I finished my traditional first-day-of-the-new-season SS1K at 12:30am this morning. (This was my seventh!)

Even in Southern California, the first day of Winter can be damn cold. My route was from the Pasadena area down to San Diego, then east past Glamis to Blythe and up to Needles, then across to Santa Maria on I-40/SR-58/SR-166, and home via US-101.

The early morning run through the mountains near Alpine was very cold, and I had intermittent problems with my heated gear which caused a lot of cold miles, but it was manageable until the high-desert run from Needles to Barstow. WIth the daylight coming quickly to an end, I stopped at a rest stop east of Barstow to pull Panel D off, and found the loose connection on my Powerlet port -- which turned out to be a wise choice since it got down into the upper-20s on the way from Mojave past Tehachapi. (I put on my rain gear in Mojave to help with wind protection, but thankfully there was no rain all day...)

All the fiddling with the heated gear slowed me down, but I was just west of Needles when the Winter Solstice passed at 3:12pm, and made it home in 18 hours total. When I got home, I shared some soup and a grilled cheese sandwich with my wife. A nice day on the FJR!

Went out to the garage, knocked the dust off it, looked at the 12 foot long sheet of ice in front of the garage door, went back inside the house.
cold.gif

Did you use a hammer to knock the dust off? I use a 2 pound ball peen to do that. It's actually kinda fun and gets alot of steam out of me.

No hammers want to keep all the steam I got. Too Cold already.

And then on the bright side

Sun was out all day today.

The days start getting longer

and the world didn't end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a new front tire on this afternoon, a battleax bt 23. According to Escapefjrtist it's the cats meow. Gotta have a new skin for the trip to baja next month
yahoo.gif

LIke everyday since mid-November, I thought about it lots.

But I did cycle the Tender on all the batteries (3 of them) for a few hours each last weekend.

Santa, that judgemental bastard, brought me that big Ortlieb Rack Pack duffle for my trip to Alaska and, a brand spanking new pair of A* Scouts. That Ortlieb is a monster! 89L! I could camp in that bag!

Gave mine a blow job as shown on the FJRTech.net site.

I drained the old coolant, filled it up with distilled water, drained that, then did it again. The water was clear on the second water draining. Now it is sitting there on the Tender in my garage naked, wating for me to re-install the plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the bags off to make her ass less wide so she takes up less room in the shop and noticed that the Yammie emblems were about to fall off so reglued them.