What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Fontanaman,

Speaking of clean bike, here's a shot I took from my FeeJay yesterday, ain't she clean?
rolleyes.gif

8339286510_8d5a1914bb_z.jpg

V

RPK
RPK, that is too clean to be a bike in Washington State. You and George need to get together and have clean tech event and show the rest of us how you clean your bike. I offer my bike up as a test specimen.
smile.png

Went out for a ride. In the pouring rain (well, this is England).

Excuse this time?

A Christmas tree light failed, had to go buy a new bulb.

Yes, I know Christmas is over, but I don't want SWMBO to be disappointed next year when we bring it out again.

And I haven't ridden for 4 days.

It's funny how a 3-mile trip adds 30 or so to the odometer.

(Click on image for larger view)

my (personal) traditional tree...

5273493500_377bfe6a46.jpg

Broke through the snow and ice over to the post office today with my seats all packaged up and ready to go to Russell. Build date is Jan 16 so I'll be keeping an eye out for their return close to the end of the month.
smile.png

Since I'm on call and unable to ride, I washed and waxed black to get the last two weeks of grime off. I should start selling all the sand that comes off every wash...

--G
This is NEWS! Crank up the presses. Escapefjrtist has not washed his bike in two weeks. George has the cleanest FJR on the forum. Hell after I wash mine it is dirtier then his before he washes his.
Hey Fontanaman,

Speaking of clean bike, here's a shot I took from my FeeJay yesterday, ain't she clean?
rolleyes.gif

V

RPK
I guess I'll have to be the judge of that...
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

BTW -- I have been known...once in a while...every so often...occasionally... to wash grime off the 'ol scoot.

Since I'm on call and unable to ride, I washed and waxed black to get the last two weeks of grime off. I should start selling all the sand that comes off every wash...

--G
This is NEWS! Crank up the presses. Escapefjrtist has not washed his bike in two weeks. George has the cleanest FJR on the forum. Hell after I wash mine it is dirtier then his before he washes his.
Hey Fontanaman,

rolleyes.gif

V

RPK
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

BTW -- I have been known...once in a while...every so often...occasionally... to wash grime off the 'ol scoot.
Looks like we may be having a Show and Shine Show Down.
nhl_fight.gif

--G
Hey Fontanaman,

rolleyes.gif

V

RPK
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

Looks like we may be having a Show and Shine Show Down.
nhl_fight.gif
Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

--G

Ordered 2 sets of BT 023 GT's for the FJR today. Maybe that's enough to get through the riding season.

Hmmm maybe not, think I'll get one more set.

FINALLY got my exhaust gaskets and put the FJR back together. New used header (thanks Wayne!), installed Brodie harness and got rid of those pesky spiders (now I have both the Brodie and Roadrunner solutions), TBS, lubed rear suspension linkage (that forward one was a real PITA), new plugs and coolant.

[img=[URL="https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/escapefjrtist/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg%5D"]https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/escapefjrtist/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg][/URL]
--G
What is in the pot? :)
You guys are too funny, George and I give our FeeJay's a lil TLC! Apart from it, I would get it from my misses, her fancy White Spyder HAS TO SHINE 24/7 and I better don't dare to put a filthy scoot besides her car in disguise LOL!

So what's in the pot fellas? *SMILE*

V

RPK

Looked under the cover before Igot in the truck. It was -8 this morning with freezing fog.

Took the shock over to the local UPS Store and had them bubble wrap it, put it in a box and then filled the box with shipping popcorn. Filled out all the paperwork and paid the man to have the shock sent to GP Suspensions for its rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator: