What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I strapped/bungied a plastic milk box to the back seat. Looks cool n-stuff. Gotta pick oil up for my cars xmission. This morning I had a back rest that wasn't very comfy. Couldn't lean back on the back rest and relax during my morning before-work smoke. Jackie-O didn't mind the extra weight on back. She's good like that.....never complains. Just goes and goes and goes.
No pictures?? Dude you are so fukin lame...

Installed my GP re-worked forks today, after working all night.

Temp. got up to 50 F, with no rain, so I took a little spin to try it out.

I didn't work them hard, but I think I'm going to like this. They were a little harsher on bumps than I expected; could be the new seals causing a bit of "stiction".

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to pick up some wine from one of our local wineries, toogood, so tried out my Nelson rigg cl-1040, on my new garauld, rack, but the bag is too big , "mutter...mutter...mutter" , got the wine back ok :) but need another pla.

The wine would fit in the side cases, but need something to stop em jumping around.

Took a ride down I-80 into salt lake city in my car and some close friends. Was thinking bout my Jackie - O the whole time....it was fast and twisty and downhill. I had some fans with me.....maybe this download will work. Wish I was riding jackie-O down this big hill.

2-2-13040_zps5372edaf.jpg

Well...a few months ago I did the throttle spring release mod on 2012 Gen II but since I gave the Gen II to my wife and got a new Gen III for me, she doesn't like the way the rpms hang on shifting or when you blip the throttle. So, I did the PITA activity of re-winding the spring back to OEM. A trick was posted a ways back on this forum to use a fishing line leader on the spring and pull that around. The method worked great (for a tedious patience stretching fiddle job) along with a pair of foreceps to fish the leader around the bottom of the throttle spring assembly. I used a piece of stiff wire initially to "make the trail" and then attached the leader to that and finally the leader to the spring. Works like the stiff bitch it was orginally again. Wife is happy though. Can't complain, gives me a reason to touch the bikes in the garage while it is 5 degrees outside and at least 2 months away from riding with best case scenarios.

Changed the oil,filter and shaft oil as part of my 600 mile maint. Installed ram ball empty mirror spot and played with camera mount..... not sure it will work there. MV riser on the way....

Looking for windsheild options on gen III. Guess i have to wait a while or pull trigger on Calsci

Installed my GP re-worked forks today, after working all night.Temp. got up to 50 F, with no rain, so I took a little spin to try it out.

I didn't work them hard, but I think I'm going to like this. They were a little harsher on bumps than I expected; could be the new seals causing a bit of "stiction".

Did you dial in the damping adjustments? You do need to adjust them. They can't just say X clicks out and you are good to go.

Probably your compression is just a bit too stiff. Try backing it off a few clicks at a time until they are compliant enough.

Outta work early today and made a run for the hills. Only 65 miles before nightfall and snow line did me in, but a most excellent ride nonetheless. Still impressed as hell with the performance of the Sena SMH10...great addition especially if you're riding with a pillion.

--G

Rode that bitch...Dayum she feels good.
Ride this fukstick..

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

Rode that bitch...Dayum she feels good.
Ride this fukstick..
Why?? Beemerdons doesn't need it?

Ain't goin there
Why the hell not? Everyone else has! That's why he whistles when he walks! :rofl:

Installed my GP re-worked forks today, after working all night.Temp. got up to 50 F, with no rain, so I took a little spin to try it out.

Did you dial in the damping adjustments? You do need to adjust them. They can't just say X clicks out and you are good to go.

Probably your compression is just a bit too stiff. Try backing it off a few clicks at a time until they are compliant enough.
Fred, it is my understanding that there should NOT be much need for adjusting. Many of the more popular suspension shops recommended around here deal with a lot of FJRs and (should) know how to set it up properly. And isn't that what a suspension dyno is for? To make sure everything is operating within proper parameters?

I can see very minor adjustments for personal preference, but a newly re-worked suspension should be pretty much dialed in.

Or at least that is the way I understand it to be.......

All I know is when I sent the forks & shock down to Traxxion. Lee called and asked me a whole bunch of questions, and when I got them reinstalled on the bike it was like NEW BIKE!

Thinking about taping the adjusters up to make sure nobody touches them, yeah it's that good.