What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hereabouts, we might see anywhere from zero to half a dozen flashes of lightning in a given calendar year. I kind of miss it. On the other hand, it was about 72o today, a few puffy clouds in a blue sky, you could see the mountains on the coast and in the Sierra Nevada (both about 90 miles away) like they were on the next block. If only it wouldn't get 110 later in the year, which it will.

For that matter, if only it would freaking RAIN (after a fifth drought year in a row). Grrr.

Redfish, your town made the news up here for the weather you got. Hope all's ok by you.
Thanks for asking, we are all good. I confess that I was a sissy yesterday and drove the truck to work leaving the bike at home. I felt a bit safer sitting in my 7000+ pound truck than sitting on my sub 700 pound motorcycle.

The tornado that hit here was about a mile from my house, my wife and son were here and could hear it. It tore the side wall out of a brand new Gold's Gym. I took that as a sign from heaven that it was not safe for me to work out.
smile.png

I did not even lose any sizeable tree limbs but my yard is saturated. Glad I cut the grass last weekend.

Hereabouts, we might see anywhere from zero to half a dozen flashes of lightning in a given calendar year. I kind of miss it. On the other hand, it was about 72o today, a few puffy clouds in a blue sky, you could see the mountains on the coast and in the Sierra Nevada (both about 90 miles away) like they were on the next block. If only it wouldn't get 110 later in the year, which it will.
For that matter, if only it would freaking RAIN (after a fifth drought year in a row). Grrr.
Come getcha some!! Rain, rain and more rain this week. In just the past month we've gotten nearly 5" of rain at my house & about 13" since Thanksgiving. December was really bad- it rained 9 days in a row. I don't think we're gonna dry out anytime soon since we're just now entering the Big Wet season here.

krdu_cumulative_rainfall-800x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blizzard warning and school is cancelled. Really windy out but only about 2 inches of snow on the ground. Prob should be at school. Taking today off just means we have to go another day after May 24th

4" of snow landed in my area last night/this morning!!!!!!!!! It sucks. However, it's going to be 60F this weekend. they say if you don't like MO weather, wait around for 30 minutes; it'll change.

27f, High Wind Warning - 35-45 with gusts to 60.

Supposed Nice on Friday, predicting 70's and sunshine with no wind.

Ahhh, life in the Banana Belt

Bad day in the Great White North today. Mother Nature like most women can't make up her mind and so far today it has gone from freezing rain to snow back to freezing rain and now just rain.

I've got enough Forty Creek on hand that I can stay hunkered down and wait it out while the weather makes up its mind. Snow tires won't help on a day like today. The roads are a skating rink right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, and their calling for another 18-24" by the end of the weekend.

Mild winters, we get tons of snow.

Another gorgeous weekend on tap - sunny skies with lows in the 40s and highs around 70. That's got to be about 6 in a row. What great luck we are having.

This afternoon promises to be interesting. On the schedule:

1. The furniture company is delivering our new mattress.

2. I've got a plumber coming over to fix a broken toilet

3. I've got an electrician coming over to install a new light fixture in a closet.

4. The Cable TV dude is coming over to check the line. Apparently, the Cox Communications Technical Support phone line is recorded for "quality control". If anyone heard my last Q/C comments, I may have to exercise my right to remain silent!

5, I've got to change the engine oil, trans fluid, and rotate the tires on my son's car. I've finally been able to convince him that I simply cannot maintain the vehicle while he drives it. The "discussion" ended with me reminding him who's name is listed on the title. My Golden Rule of Parenting has never failed me:

He who hath the Gold makes the rules!!

6. BION - I turned over and threw some cow paddies in the garden last week. If I can find some plants, I'm ready to start the Spring veggie garden.

I've got a 6-pack of yeast infused fermented grain holding at 37 degrees waiting for the conclusion of today's activities.

Wife wants to see the Ragin Cajun softball game tomorrow evening, so I will have to cut my ride short. But there will be riding, none the less.

They say the Devil rest on an idle mind. I'm in good shape today.

Life is good - stay thirsty, my friends....

Light snow on the ground this morning under sunny skies. Temperatures are projected to soar back to 60 by Sunday.

Bungie, does the lake-effect snow stop when the water freezes, or is there still open water on the Great Lakes?

It's heading to 16° C (or roughly 61° F) here in Calgary. There is no snow or ice left. It's only the end of February and this is very unusual weather for us here - it's usually -30° this time of year.

Taking the FJR out of the garage and to work today!

Ian

Light snow on the ground this morning under sunny skies. Temperatures are projected to soar back to 60 by Sunday.
Bungie, does the lake-effect snow stop when the water freezes, or is there still open water on the Great Lakes?
Well we're not often subject to lake effect snow, but it usually stops when the lakes ice over. If they ice over. This year, no.