What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
56 degrees this morning...and pouring.
weirdsmiley.gif

Unusually warm this morning, 53 degrees when I left for work. Forecast calls for possible record highs today possibly even 60. Rained hard overnight and washed the bulk of the crap odd our roads.

Snowing lightly here at 3,000' elevation. But since Monday (1/9 - 1/12), Sugar Bowl (6,883' - 8,383' and 54 road miles from my driveway) has gotten 65" to 103" of new snow. Looking like a powder day under clearing skies might be on tap for early tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been whining about not being able to ride because of the weather.

Well tonight when I was walking the dog, just getting dark and 32 degrees, I hear a bike coming. It's my young buddy that live two doors down. I think Luke is 17 and tough. He has a little Kaw Ninja 300 with a two inch tall windshield and no heated equipment or grips.

Luke stopped and talked and told me what a great day it was to be riding.
punk.gif

Damn I'm getting old.
not_i.gif
cold.gif
bye.gif

I've been riding every day the roads aren't covered with ice or snow. So far this year that has taken me into single digit temps. Of course, I wear a heated vest and have a heated seat to go with my "barn door" winter windshield and FJR fairing.

So I'm not as brave as your neighbor. At least I'm still out there.
bike.gif

There's still some ice in the shady spots in my 'hood. Too bad though...both of mine are coming out this weekend [with heated jacket and grips], ice be damned!
cold.gif

--G

I can't get on the street out front, it has been an iced over for quite awhile now! If I could get down to the main road I could go ride on sanded roads if I wanted. This is pretty unusual actually for us wetsiders, looking forward to next winter as I'll be taking the M/H and the M/C south to hang out in southern Cal for a couple of months before Christmas and two or three after Christmas. Well I hope that's what I'm doing!

Our annual rainfall (July 1 - June 30) average in Nevada County is 54 inches, 2nd highest in the state. We are at 48.6 half way into the rain season and yes it's official. The drought for northern Ca is over...duh! More rain in the forecast next week.

Man this weather in the PNWET, just finished some 20 some days straight of cold, freezing nites and some days here in the puget sound area, snow and ice never left my street/driveway till rain arrived the other day. Just prior to this I got the scooter set for coming riding season, valve check, fluids done, fittings greased. Hate to ride mungy wet roads but better than zero traction. Got to go 8 miles to town (Snohomish) the other day and came home the long way (12 miles) on curvy back road. Not a normal winter weather pattern this year, usually ride most of the year round. The 20 miles felt really good. Hope to get a little more riding in, got some surgery coming up end of month, I expect my riding will be curtailed. Miss my RTEs research.

Supposed to be 47 degees and sunny tomorrow...I'll be riding to work...second ride of the new year.

Um, AC has been running all week. We had two nights in a row a while back that actually got below freezing....... does that help? :)

If I had wanted to live in rain soaked Oregon, I would have moved there! Holy Shi-ite! Enough already! G-damned snow level keeps hovering just above, then just below my place. And I'm going through firewood at twice the usual winter's pace.

Heading into town for groceries, . . . and to see if anyone else has gotten started on an Ark yet. Then I'll hump in another load of firewood in the rain/sleet. :) :) :)

California mist today, all that rain that missed California.

Looks like in will continue for the next 3-4 days.
no2.gif