What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not nearly bad enough. At 0630, it was 30mph winds and sideways rain and hail. PERFECT!! Then by 0930, the effing sun was out and it was beautiful. Finally, about 30 minutes ago, we got some snow and a little hail. We need a shit load of violent marble sized hail.

Can't say much about it, but I NEED the weather to be as shitty as possible today, and it's not cooperating.

Alcohol consumption and Amazon purchases skyrocketing...(those 2 things are not unconnected)

Is it spring yet?? GAH!

I saw a few people out riding today (10C here) but too salty/sandy for me still.

I seriously need to move to a year-round riding/golfing climate...

Shit. One day of house arrest turns me into the temporary caretaker of the Overlook Hotel. Hang in there.

It's been a bad winter for me as well. It's rained just about non-stop, and when we do have a nice day -- like today -- I've made prior commitments. I saw people out riding today, and I was in my car. Groan.

This next week is supposed to be sunny, and though I have work that hasn't been done because of the rain I hope to get all three bikes out for a while.

We had three real nice 55F days, lots of snow melted, the wind blew and there was enough sand/gravel on the road that I was a'skeered to take the FJR for a ride. The KLR is disassembled for pre-Alaskan trip Elecrical upgrades and farkles installation.

Last night we got 5 inches of scattered snow flurries. More on the way :(

Mean While in Arizona.

sunburn300.png

Back on track.

Winter is half over! Groundhog Day is tomorrow. He is likely to see his shadow with tomorrow's forecast sun which means 6 more weeks of winter. That is a good thing around here. Alternative is MORE than 6 weeks.

Winter is half over! Groundhog Day is tomorrow. He is likely to see his shadow with tomorrow's forecast sun which means 6 more weeks of winter. That is a good thing around here. Alternative is MORE than 6 weeks.
I went to Punsuxtawney last year on the motorcycle. It was a crystal clear bluebird day. The rodent did not see his shadow,, and the fix was in. Regardless, we had a relatively early Spring. If there was ever a year, the rodent should have seen his shadow, it was 2/2/16. It's snowing tonight, and is expected to get colder tomorrow, so I won't be repeating this trip tomorrow morning.

020216DSC_2115.jpg

020216DSC_2109.jpg

020216DSC_2112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleet this morning in the Seattle area. Last month the average temperature was 35F so says my utility bill. Haven't been on the FJR since October. Punxsutawney Phil, the damn groundhog, says there will be another six weeks of winter. I hope that F'ing critter is freezes his ass off.

It snowed a fukkin foot yesterday and last nite. 2 hrs worth of snowblowing today. Now its friggin 37 degrees and the shits melting already.

Sunny and cold this morning. 27 degrees when I hit the twisties in Suches GA. :) I was the only guy out and about on two wheels at 8am today. Saw a few more bikes when the temps rose above 40. Didn't see any other FJRs out and about in North GA today. I did see a nice conga line of Honda Goldwings and a few ADV types.

Shit, I wish I could make it to I90. It's only 1.5 miles from my house. Hell, I wish I could make it the 2 blocks to a main road. I can't even get outta the driveway, and it's supposed to dump another 8 inches tonite.