What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was freekin awesome, 56 degrees. Tomorrow isn't looking to good. Over a foot of snow coming my way. it was nice while it lasted. I did ride the bike to work today.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Dave

Finally the next two days will be dry in the Pacific Northwet. Some peeps might get out for a ride on Sunday.

The recent snowfall trashed several plants at Casa Fontana. I will put more pesos replacing landscape plants than FJR maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:
It reached 64F here in the Banana Belt yesterday, 42F now, a little rain in the forecast. Spent yesterday morning picking up dog sickles and trying to get the glaciers back tothe edges of the driveway. Saw a couple of Harley riders out yesterday. Still plenty of salt, sand and water on the roads. The Gray Ghost remains in the barn, the KLR is still apart for farkling. Looking forward to riding one day in OZ with my Mate, Brian Maddy, in early April!

We are supposed to have about 5 days above freezing and some sun. I may have to see if I can find my driveway under the ice.
rolleyes.gif

I will need a half-track to get down the 3/4 mile to the main road for some time yet. Gotta love un-maintained county roads.

I was in Arizona this week and do you know what's better than sun and 81 degrees in the February on the bike? $1.97 for regular gas on the hippo, damn Arizona has great gas prices!

Oh Joy! Another one!

•Fredericton and Southern York County
Blizzard conditions with gusty winds and persistent visibility near zero in snow and blowing snow are expected or occurring.
A low pressure system is expected to develop south of Cape Cod this evening and intensify as it moves towards Nova Scotia tonight. Snow will begin over southwestern New Brunswick this evening and spread eastward throughout the night.
As the storm passes south of Nova Scotia on Monday, it will intensify and give heavy snow, very strong northeasterly winds, and blowing snow resulting in blizzard conditions to much of the southern half of New Brunswick.
Snowfall amounts between 30 to 55 cm are expected with winds gusting up to 100 km/h. The highest snowfall amounts and strongest winds are forecast to be along the Fundy coast.

Edit: They just upped the expected total snowfall for Fredericton to as much as 80 cm. With the high winds, the houses across the street are faint shadows. Bike is NOT going to be out anytime soon! With the amount of drifting, I hope the snowblower can make it to the end of the driveway (22 years old and near the end of its useful life).

We are having bi-polar winter.... 84 the high yesterday... 51 high today.

Almost 80 cm (2.5 ft.) in yesterday's blizzard on top of the two major dumps and an ice storm in the last 10 days or so. Guess what? - ANOTHER foot (30 cm) anticipated Wed night/Thursday. I spent four hours with snowblower and shovel last night and today. Most of the driveway was 4-5' deep so the snow had to be cut down with shovel before the snowblower could move it at all. 5' banks along the side of the driveway and closer to 8' at the end of the driveway. Don't know where I am going to put the snow from the next storm.

Temperature -3 °F with windchill in the -30 °F region. A possible Nor'easter next Tuesday night until Wednesday night or Thursday AM. Up to a foot more snow is possible; depending on how the storm tracks (too early to be sure). High winds too!

Is this mid-March or January? I don't think my usual St. Patrick's Day ride will be happening this year. Friday is supposed to be above freezing but roads will still be covered with snow, ice and salt.

It's our third day in a row above freezing and it's supposed to last for a week. I still have 3/4 mile of rutted ice between me and pavement and my new to me Wing is due in 10 days. I'm sure I'll have time for service before the damn ice melts.