When did you get your 06 AE bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When did you get your 06 AE bike delivered?

• March 1-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 16-31

• April 1-15

• April 16-30

• May 1-15

• May 16-31

• June 1-15

• June 16-30

• July 1-15

• July 16-31

• Total voters
My stepson's AE arrived yesterday and I got put about 30 miles on it last night. Sweeeeeeet! Shifting is unbeleivably smooth, accurate, and reliable. 4K buzz is still there but not as pronounced as my 05. Shorter riders are going to like the adjustable seat, and I don't think as many bar risers are going to sold to the 06 owners. Slider will be a breeze cuz the engine mount bolts are exposed.
We're going to run both Feejers down to a road race that's about 200 miles from here tomorrow morning. It'll give him some time running in triple digits on the way there.

One bitch is that the down shift button is not only beneath the horn button vertically, it is recessed more into the collar than the horn button. which leads to inadvertant horn honking on down shifts.

The electric shift is the future boyz and girlz, if it proves reliable. B)
One lucky guy to have the AE. Do you know the VIN number? just curious.

One bitch is that the down shift button is not only beneath the horn button vertically, it is recessed more into the collar than the horn button. which leads to inadvertant horn honking on down shifts.
I have read (mine hasn't shown up yet) that you can down shift by pushing the top of the up-shift lever slightly out and down (can do both up and down shifts on the front lever with your index finger)

Hopefully that will work, and I don't know -- cause im still a waiter!

Congrats on the AE!!

Congrats! nice.... looking forward to any 'first ride' info.

didn't hear from jbrwky -- did you get yours today?

I'd like to know if the Auto shifter changes gears rather quickly or does it make you feel like your being driven by your Grandmother? Most of us are pretty spirited riders. I've been concerned about the test reviews from the journalist stating that the auto clutch shifts from slow to medium at best. Just how sporting can you be riding the AE as compared to the A model?

I'd like to know if the Auto shifter changes gears rather quickly or does it make you feel like your being driven by your Grandmother? Most of us are pretty spirited riders. I've been concerned about the test reviews from the journalist stating that the auto clutch shifts from slow to medium at best. Just how sporting can you be riding the AE as compared to the A model?

If you go on the Yamaha site and view the info on the AE they say it shifts in 1/10th of a second. Sounds plenty quick to me. RIDE SAFE

If you go on the Yamaha site and view the info on the AE they say it shifts in 1/10th of a second. Sounds plenty quick to me. RIDE SAFE
I've read all of that stuff. Even though it shifts in gear fast the modulation of the clutch can be slow. I wanted to know what it felt like in real world driving. It doesn't mean much if it goes in gear in 1/10th of a second and then takes a second to fully deploy the clutch.

looks mighty good, still like to have vin if available. when did you do your PDP, I ordered my AE on 28 Sep 05.
The VIN won't matter to you Dave, he's in Alaska. There are at least four variations of the VIN. You could have the same numerical digits as someone else, but your alpha's will be different, especially as your in Cali.

Two guys at WFO 2 had the same 006 last digits !!

Congrats! nice.... looking forward to any 'first ride' info.
didn't hear from jbrwky -- did you get yours today?
Regards,

First impressions. Fit and finish are excellent. Silver is EXCELLENT!! Starting and stopping smoothly in slow moving traffic is going to take some practice. Yep, staying out of slow-moving traffic would cure that issue but sometimes can't be avoided. Clutch engages progressively, not linear. Right now the smoothest start is just to open the throttle in a moderately agressive fashion. RPMs gain about 200-300 on upshift under moderate acceleration. Hope lag is shorter at higher rpm. Can't wait to get broken in!

Shipping weight listed at 590.83 so a little increase in weight I think.

I think those of you who are getting one will not be disappointed.

VIN JYARP16E26A000107

IBA12168

1999 XX/2000 ZX-12r/2000 SE RG/2000 XR100-The Screamer and now 2006FJR

Sounds good jbrwky. I hope that under heavy or very aggressive acceleration that the clutch engages progressively faster. I'm still waiting for mine. Still trying to figure out what farkles I'm gonna install. :D

Got the call and am picking mine up today. Ordered in October (?) from PCP in Sacto. Will let you know how all goes.

Well, I have had my FJR1300AE for about 4 hours now and I put about 75 miles on it tonight! So far, I really like it!

I have noticed the following so far:

1) Shifting with the fingers is really nice but takes some practice to get smooth!

2) I don't like the stock screen - it will be replaced here shortly.

3) Definitely need something to help the right hand as the default throttle action will tire your hand out quick.

4) The bike still gets warm (compared to my GL1800) in the legs. I do need to try and open the sides.

5) The bike reads your mind and anticipates what you want it to do :D !

Well, I accdidently left my manual at the dealer so I need to go get it and sit down and read it and ride more before making any long winded summaries!

Any how, I really am HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE!

Best regards,

Shane

Waytogo Shane. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Cool Clicker. I am expecting the call any day now. It will be a 700+ mile ride home. I'll try not to grin the whole way. :D

John

Well, I have had my FJR1300AE for about 4 hours now and I put about 75 miles on it tonight! So far, I really like it!

1) Shifting with the fingers is really nice but takes some practice to get smooth!

3) Definitely need something to help the right hand as the default throttle action will tire your hand out quick.

4) The bike still gets warm (compared to my GL1800) in the legs. I do need to try and open the sides.

Well, I accdidently left my manual at the dealer so I need to go get it and sit down and read it and ride more before making any long winded summaries!

Best regards,

Shane
Hey Shane,

Any foam down by the oil filter?? In the panels?? anywhere like on the A's?

Best regards,

Shane
Hey Shane,

Any foam down by the oil filter?? In the panels?? anywhere like on the A's?
FJRChick,

I haven't looked underneath yet but there is foam on the sides.

I just got back from another 100 mile ride (needed to get rid of a headache <_< )! The bike definitely grows on you - the only things I really don't like so far are the

1) OEM windshield (replacement on the way).

2) OEM grips - not sure what I can do about them yet on the AE.

I am definitely glad I got the AE - the not having a clutch is *REALLY* nice. I bet it will be the "thing" in a few years like ABS is now (remember just a few years back when everyone was saying to save the $$$$ on the ABS)!

I will have a look on the foam underneath.

Well, I need to start typing my farkles into DL!

Best Regards,

Shane

Just got off the phone with D&H. Jerald got off the phone with Yamaha this AM and they have been told that the AE is 3 weeks behind in being delivered, and that they are NOT expecting to get any bikes before the beginning of JULY at the earliest. Renaa said something about "the special treatment" that Yamaha was giving them because of their high internet volumn.

So if you have an AE ordered from D&H, don't expect to get it AT LEAST until after Independence Day here in the U S of A. <_<

Rats. I may end up coming to WFO on my '04. If I get the bike in time to go, don't know if I'll have time to farkle it enough for the trip.

Now the waiting is REALLY going to get to me..... :angry:

Last edited by a moderator: