Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I ripped this off and cannot confirm validity, but the is supposedly the Dyno of the BMW GS 1200 vs. Yam St. BWM is Blue, Yam Green:
What year GS1200? Is that the new '10 model DOHC?

Something wrong with that graph. HP and torque are supposed to cross at 5252 rpm. It's not even close.

You can bet I'll eagerly be awaiting a Motorcycle Consumer News comparo.

OK, I ripped this off and cannot confirm validity, but the is supposedly the Dyno of the BMW GS 1200 vs. Yam St. BWM is Blue, Yam Green:

Something wrong with that graph. HP and torque are supposed to cross at 5252 rpm. It's not even close.

Have to agree with you GM, weird they have them crossing at 4000 rpm. Grabbed some old copies of Motorcycle Consumer News, French graph appears to be fantasy or they are high on Champagne!

Last edited by a moderator:

Have to agree with you GM, weird they have them crossing at 4000 rpm. Grabbed some old copies of Motorcycle Consumer News, French graph appears to be fantasy or they are high on Champagne!
https://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2010JulyBMWGS.pdf Damn it SkooterG, my having to pay you a compliment is either going to give me a hernia or a stroke. But, you were dead on with HP and torque crossing at 5252 rpm. Must have a photographic memory, probably from concentrating while jacking off! Dug out my July 2010 MCNEWS and here is the graph on last page! No lies in MCN!

Damn it SkooterG, my having to pay you a compliment is either going to give me a hernia or a stroke. But, you were dead on with HP and torque crossing at 5252 rpm. Must have a photographic memory, probably from concentrating while jacking off! Dug out my July 2010 MCNEWS and here is the graph on last page! No lies in MCN!
Uhhhh.......let me let you in on a not-so-little secret mi bastard step-pappy:

For ALL engines, the hp and torque curves cross at 5252 rpm. Not just kraut krap from der muderland.

Damn it SkooterG, my having to pay you a compliment is either going to give me a hernia or a stroke. But, you were dead on with HP and torque crossing at 5252 rpm. Must have a photographic memory, probably from concentrating while jacking off! Dug out my July 2010 MCNEWS and here is the graph on last page! No lies in MCN!

For ALL engines, the hp and torque curves cross at 5252 rpm. Not just kraut krap from der muderland.
Muchas gracias, Skooty; didn't know. Will get all the details over mas Cervezas at SW-FOG next week.

Beemerdons: you must have fallen asleep in school. Everyone knows the basic rule, that

cdc8e63f6e275a583fcfb6ed10a43cc7.png

:lol:

Beemerdons: you must have fallen asleep in school. Everyone knows the basic rule, that
cdc8e63f6e275a583fcfb6ed10a43cc7.png

Many thanks, Spud! Much appreciated! Didn't remember HP formula, History Grad; worked entire career as a Pipefitter. Can calculate many things a Pipefitter needs daily, didn't know HP formula till now.

:lol: :lol:

Thought they where 110 from the factory..... Drop the exhaust can... guessing about 35 Lbs... and maybe a power commander one day and we should be at 110.... Wounder if the DYNO'ed on the economy mode or the power mode ????? This bike has two settings... Just a thought... Be funny if they where tyring to give the BMW a bit of advantage and set the Yamaha on the economy mode just so it could be less or equal.... Bump it up on power button and re-DYNO..... LOL

Here are a few more I thougth where cool.... Im sure some of you have seen these and others have not............

S10tour5.jpg

S10tour4.jpg

S10tour3.jpg

S10tour2.jpg

S10tour1.jpg

S10tour6.jpg

Here is some great info and over all info about the new Super Tenere 1200Z.. *SNIP!!!*
Holy carp!

That's gotta be a new link record....

Maybe I can make it last till next summer ta go through it all....

Thanks!

:)
Rushes,

Probably won't be a problem. SO many of those links are incorrectly formatted, so allz yer gonna get is a 404 error anyway. :sigh:

Do you know what I need to do to fix the links...... Ill go back and do it, I just dont know whats wrong with some of them ? The info is there but as you can see some are broken? :blink:

C'mon you brainiacs. :rolleyes:

The above dyno graphs have the torque scaled differently, in m.kg, not lbft. If you take the ~10.5 kilogram meters of the Yamaha and convert that to pound feet, that is 76 lb ft. Now plot that on the left hand scale (that is also being used for horsepower). The lines will cross at 5252.

There is nothing wrong with that graph (except it is metric).

Thanks Fred, that is why you are the "Smart Guy" on our FJR Forum. Actually though, this dumb old retired Pipefitter figured out the same thing, after Spud printed out the HP formula!!

canyonman and others: I just got off the phone with Renaa of D & H, they got my check on Tuesday and it's deposited and I'm on Yamaha Tenere Wait List; she's mailing me a receipt.

canyonman and others: I just got off the phone with Renaa of D & H, they got my check on Tuesday and it's deposited and I'm on Yamaha Tenere Wait List; she's mailing me a receipt.

So, you REALLY drank the Shizuoka Kool-Aid?

Good for you!

Don't forget to turn off the ABS. :p

So, you REALLY drank the Shizuoka Kool-Aid?

Good for you!

Don't forget to turn off the ABS. :p
BLOW ME! You pervert manatee fecker, You!!