Yamaha Super Tenere 1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the Yam makes 10 less hp, which BMW will crow about. Beemer wins the marketing hype.

Meanwhile in the real world, the Yam has a flatter torque plot, smoother hp rise, AND uses regular gas.

So the Yam makes 10 less hp, which BMW will crow about. Beemer wins the marketing hype.
Meanwhile in the real world, the Yam has a flatter torque plot, smoother hp rise, AND uses regular gas.
Not to mention, the S10 won't try to make an end-run on Poland while the rest of the world isn't looking. :rofl:

:yahoo:

They tested the Yamaha in the "puss" mode AKA; Economode...... They didnt want to DYNO more than BMW..... They should have flipped on the after burner mode "sport" and put some whooop ass on the DYNO.... O' but I guess that would have not gone down to well............... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to mention, the S10 won't try to make an end-run on Poland while the rest of the world isn't looking. :rofl:
Achtung, Schatzie! You forgot about Der Sudetenland, this time we are going to "acquire" Der Sudetenland forever! Es geht mihr gut, Auf Wiedersehen RadioHowie; Putz, Arschloch, Schnepfe und Schlemiel! Das stink mir!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Cool picture.... [/SIZE]
2010-yamaha-XT1200Z-Super-Tenere-e1281522213836.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]I bet this is going to sounds fan-freakin-tastic !!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
REMUS.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Every time I look at all these pictures I start to act funny..... so much so, I took a picture of myself ! ! I dont think I have any issues ! [/SIZE]

Funnyface.jpg

that boy just aint right !

Don't forget the extra weight the S10 has. That ain't just hype. IMHO, that's HUGE in the real world for a bike like this. Regardless, that extra weight will make the pig slower. Ain't no way around physics.

YIKES! I HOPE it sounds great, 'cause it looks like ass!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[SIZE=12pt]I bet this is going to sounds fan-freakin-tastic !!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
REMUS.jpg

Really? I have the Remus on my FJR..... I like the looks and really like the sound.... There are new cans out for the new bike just about everyday..... Better than the stock "log" LOL

Hey No One where'd you get pics of my bike on the Haul road? Just kidding, wow I wonder how the front wheel stayed on the ground. BTW, who makes those engine guards in that pic of the S10? I am sure there will be lots of options in bars, skid plates etc. as time goes on. Many aluminum bag makers and Givi will just need to adapt their mounts and not the bags probably.
doctorj

Doc J,

Here is that site............ https://www.motorradgarage.com.au/catalog/i...p?cPath=106_247

Really? I have the Remus on my FJR..... I like the looks and really like the sound.... There are new cans out for the new bike just about everyday..... Better than the stock "log" LOL
Yeah, really!

Jessica Alba looks great in a bikini. Doesn't look so good in a blender. :lol:

Yeah, really!

Jessica Alba looks great in a bikini. Doesn't look so good in a blender. :lol:
Actually RadioHowie, Jessica Alba looks best when she is sitting on my face! jes' sayin' Thank Goodness it's Friday!

Don't forget the extra weight the S10 has. That ain't just hype. IMHO, that's HUGE in the real world for a bike like this. Regardless, that extra weight will make the pig slower. Ain't no way around physics.

Mi Bueno Amigo Checkswrecks, I have to agree with my illegitimate bastard Son SkooterG on S10 porker weight issue: Even if they shared same HP rating, pretty damn hard to beat an extra 100 lbs.!

Sorry No One, I concur with RadioHowie on that Remus can really looking like ass! The only way that Remus would look good is if it was shoved up Bustanut joker's butt. I am staying with the stock log on my Black Beauty Super Tenere 1200Zed!

I agree when any manufacturer tries to come up with an "adventure tourer" there will be compromises. No way this bike or the BMW R1200GS are dirt bikes but more on road bikes that can handle some off roading. I have a deposit on an S 10 just because I think it is a technologically advanced machine that will take me anywhere I might go (no sahara or gobi deserts for me). From what I've read of the new 2010 R1200GS, it is a superb sport tourer as well as adventure tourer too. The negatives for me with the big GS is 1. higher cost ($11999 for the S10) 2. closest dealer 2 hr. away 3. Small dealer network nationwide 4. more expensive extended warranty 5. real or perceived reliability issues (reliability is huge to me) . There may be more such as insurance costs etc. but haven't researched more into other differences. I'm not a BMW basher, and I really do like much about the big GS and the RT, but doubt I'll have one for reasons mentioned.

And at 110 hp, that is enough for me or maybe I could lessen the weight to less than the GS by using a high colonic everytime I ride the S10 :rolleyes: & I could wear XS riding gear too :yahoo: instead of XL. :haha:

doctorj

I agree when any manufacturer tries to come up with an "adventure tourer" there will be compromises. No way this bike or the BMW R1200GS are dirt bikes but more on road bikes that can handle some off roading. I have a deposit on an S 10 just because I think it is a technologically advanced machine that will take me anywhere I might go (no sahara or gobi deserts for me). From what I've read of the new 2010 R1200GS, it is a superb sport tourer as well as adventure tourer too. The negatives for me with the big GS is 1. higher cost ($11999 for the S10) 2. closest dealer 2 hr. away 3. Small dealer network nationwide 4. more expensive extended warranty 5. real or perceived reliability issues (reliability is huge to me) . There may be more such as insurance costs etc. but haven't researched more into other differences. I'm not a BMW basher, and I really do like much about the big GS and the RT, but doubt I'll have one for reasons mentioned.
And at 110 hp, that is enough for me or maybe I could lessen the weight to less than the GS by using a high colonic everytime I ride the S10 :rolleyes: & I could wear XS riding gear too :yahoo: instead of XL. :haha:

doctorj
You make valid points. The advantage of the S10 is price, dealer network, and perceived Yamaha reliability. I must say however, I am a bit disappointed with Yamaha on the S10. They had a chance to hit a home run. Instead, from my vantage it looks like they only hit a double.

As far as the extended warranty - I don't know. What I DO know is that the BMW comes with a THREE year warranty vs the Yamahas' paltry one year.

I completely understand calling this new miracle bike "The S10".....but I'm constantly reminded of one of the crappiest mini-pickup trucks EVER!!

I ordered the Raven... But want to add a bit of color to it... I dont dig black for a dirt machine.. And this aint no show beauty queen... Here where just a few ideas... The orange bike was supposed to be red... but im just playing around... This other sport looking bike with the silver, yellow and black looks cool............ Kinda old school and new school...... I'm going to do something, just not sure yet....

I'm going to put a tank bag on it and go get dirty and muddy and use the hell out of the machine... What are your thoughts on any of these... ?

Idea1.jpg

Idea2.jpg

Idea3.jpg

I ordered blue, but it'll end up muck gray eventually...

Orange is purdy cool...

I like the orange one. Very nice. When I first saw it I thought it was one of those colors you can only get everywhere except North America.