Death Valley Wildflower ride, Assuming we get some rain.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys, Back Road Bob Little was at last year's Death Valley Daze, he was on a BMW F650GS Twin just like Papa Chuy's. He just posted his Ride Report over at AZ Beemers of his adventure in Death Valley last week; off road riding and camping. I thought you all would enjoy Bob's pictures of just how beautiful Death Valley truly is!

I was able to make it to the Death Valley Daze this year. Left on Wednesday and camped at Hole in the Wall campground in Mojave where I met 4 riders from AARG.

Thursday I set up camp and took a drive to Artist's Drive.

Friday, about 10 riders from AARG left for breakfast in Beatty and then visited the ghost town Rhyolite and then from there thru Titus Canyon.

Saturday, about 6 of us left latter in the morning for Aguereberry Point, the Charcoal Kilns, Ballarat, Panamint Springs for lunch and then back to camp.

The weather was absolutely great! High 60's during the day, mid 40's during the night, clear blue skies and no wind. The campground was full with off road riders from as far as Washington and Montana.

The Mojave Desert

IMGP1432.jpg

IMGP1440.jpg

Coming into Death Valley

IMGP1443.jpg

IMGP1445.jpg

IMGP1451.jpg

Off road Tear Drop Camper - way cool!

IMGP1452.jpg

Titus Canyon

IMGP1467.jpg

IMGP1470.jpg

IMGP1476.jpg

IMGP1477.jpg

IMGP1478.jpg

IMGP1487.jpg

Aguereberry Point

IMGP1500.jpg

IMGP1508.jpg

IMGP1515.jpg

Dante’s View

IMGP1528.jpg

IMGP1532.jpg

IMGP1533.jpg

Furnace Creek Inn

IMGP1539.jpg

IMGP1544.jpg

Parked the bike and hiked up Golden Canyon for about a mile. Well worth the uphill effort!

IMGP1549.jpg

IMGP1550.jpg

IMGP1553.jpg

This has been my third trip to Death Valley in a year. It is easily one of my favorite places to visit and ride. As I improve riding off road, I hope to explore other parts of the valley that are more remote and off the tourist trail.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am amazed they they could get to Dante's View in January, last year there was a shit load of snow on the way up there......

R

BUMP REMINDER! FJR Forum Death Valley Wildflower Ride is just a month away. Just got off the phone with Shelley at Longstreet Inn in Amargosa Valley, Nevada and here's what's remaining for Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12: 20 basic rooms, 10 deluxe rooms and 8 mini-suites. 1-775-372-1777

BUMP REMINDER! FJR Forum Death Valley Wildflower Ride is just 2 months away. Just got off the phone with Shelley at Longstreet Inn in Amargosa Valley, Nevada and here's what's remaining for Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12: 20 basic rooms, 10 deluxe rooms and 8 mini-suites. 1-775-372-1777
Only one month away.

BUMP REMINDER! FJR Forum Death Valley Wildflower Ride is just a month away. Just got off the phone with Shelley at Longstreet Inn in Amargosa Valley, Nevada and here's what's remaining for Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12: 20 basic rooms, 10 deluxe rooms and 8 mini-suites. 1-775-372-1777
Only one month away.
Many thanks, Steve-O; right on, I was thinking of the Mexico trip!

we own the place.....lol
OFF TOPIC: Hey Bill, where's FJRBluesman at? Worried about Simon!
He's been "in hiding" since hearing he was being stalked by a perv from Chandler, AZ! :eek:

WOuld you please control your bastard step-son!?!? It is Skootie, isn't it?????

we own the place.....lol
OFF TOPIC: Hey Bill, where's FJRBluesman at? Worried about Simon!
I had the same thoughts a few weeks ago and called him. He is spending his new free time with his family and is fine. No need to worry.
Many thanks Dan, Bill and Mike! I was truly concerned about not hearing from Bluesy lately, it has been over a month since he last told me to go feck myself and die!

Hi Guys, Back Road Bob Little was at last year's Death Valley Daze, he was on a BMW F650GS Twin just like Papa Chuy's. He just posted his Ride Report over at AZ Beemers of his adventure in Death Valley last week; off road riding and camping. I thought you all would enjoy Bob's pictures of just how beautiful Death Valley truly is!
I too was there with the off road crowd and the weather was spectacular.

Below are a couple of useful Death Valley links: "Maturango" does a pretty good job of general Death Valley updates and the National Park Service one has the "Morning Report" which includes what routes and roads are closed and other DV factoids.

Dante's is definitely open.

https://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm

https://www.maturango.org/DeathV.html

I too was there with the off road crowd and the weather was spectacular.

Below are a couple of useful Death Valley links: "Maturango" does a pretty good job of general Death Valley updates and the National Park Service one has the "Morning Report" which includes what routes and roads are closed and other DV factoids.

Dante's is definitely open.

https://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm

https://www.maturango.org/DeathV.html
Nice Work SnowAviation, Thank You!

I can only make it Thurs, Fri and Sat. Anyone camping or interested in splitting a room at the Longstreet on Thurs and Friday night?

It looks like I may make the trip this year! :yahoo: I am interested in camping who else is in. Happy Rider I may take you up on splitting room cost if no one is camping.

No body will be at the Longstreet on Thursday as most of us will be in Vegas.

Bill Steve and I are heading to Las Vegas Wednesday morning and will probably head straight to Hoover dam.

R

No body will be at the Longstreet on Thursday as most of us will be in Vegas.

Bill Steve and I are heading to Las Vegas Wednesday morning and will probably head straight to Hoover dam.

R
https://www.goldennugget.com/dining/index.asp Sir Richard, were we going to make advance dinner reservations or are we just going to wing it upon our arrivals??

List of Golden Nugget restaurants above, or we could eat elsewhere. Donna and I'll be at Golden Nugget at 2pm, we could make reservations for the group!

i am thinking we can "wing" it.......although that Steak House looks good.

R