Death Valley Wildflower ride, Assuming we get some rain.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The timing of our Death Valley Ride is going to be absolutely perfect for Wildflower viewing! Richard must have had an Uncle or Father in the British Meteorological Service that planned the Invasion of Normandy! It rained yesterday and is going to also rain Sunday/Monday. Typical wildflower germination to flowering is 2-3 weeks: So bring your cameras, the blooms should be spectacular. PS: Also bring your cameras for the "action" in Fairlaner, jorstin and dj bill's hotel room! jes' sayin'

"Death Valley National Park

Morning Report Friday, February 18, 2011

Weather Forecast:

Today................................ Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of rain. South wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 15 to 25 mph in the

afternoon. High around 67 at Furnace Creek.

Tonight.............................. Cloudy with rain and snow. Snow level 5500 feet decreasing to 4500 after midnight. South wind 10 to 20

mph. Low around 49.

Tomorrow ......................... Cloudy. Rain and snow in the morning...then rain and snow showers likely in the afternoon. Windy. Snow

level 4500 feet decreasing to 4000 feet in the afternoon. High around 65 at Furnace Creek.

Extended .......................... Cloudy with a 50 % chance of rain decreasing to a 20 % chance on Sunday. South wind 10 to 15 mph.

Highs in the 60s ; lows in the 40s.

Sunset: 5:31 pm..............................Sunrise: 6:31 am

Temperatures & Precipitation (last 24 Hours)

Furnace Creek.................. High: 71°F (22°C).............................Low: 50°F (10°C) .............................Precip: 0.00

Scottys Castle.................. High: 54°F (12°C).............................Low: 36°F (2°C)...............................Precip: 0.00

Wildrose............................ High: 50°F (10°C).............................Low: 26°F (-3°C)..............................Precip: 0.00

Year to Date (Furnace Creek)

Temperatures ................... High: 84°F (29°C) on 2/6/11.............Low: 31°F (-1°C) on 1/3/11

Precipitation...................... Year 2011: 0.08 inches...................7/1/10 through today: 0.51 inches

Current Road Conditions

All other park roads open and in standard condition.

Hunter Mountain Rd.......... CLOSED for the winter due to snow.

Keane Wonder Road ........ CLOSED; road and mining area closed to entry due to mine-safety hazards.

Saline Valley (South Pass)..Signed CLOSED by Inyo County; 4x4 recommended; expect winter conditions, carry chains.

Saline Valley (North Pass)..CLOSED for the winter due to snow.

Titus Canyon Road........... Open; high clearance recommended.

Upper Wildrose Road ....... Open; road closed beyond kilns.

Saratoga Springs.............. High clearance, 4 wheel drive recommended .

Roads OUTSIDE Death Valley:

Sierra Nevada Passes:

Hwy 120 (Tioga Pass), Hwy 108 (Sonora Pass), Hwy 4 (Ebbetts Pass), Hwy 89 (Monitor Pass).....CLOSED for the winter.

U.S. 395............................ . Snow tires or chains required north of Bishop.

I-80 and U.S. 50................ Chains or 4-wheel drive with snow tires required over the Sierras.

Cal 14 ............................... High wind advisory. Travel not recommended for high-profile vehicles or trailers along the southern

Sierras.

California Highways. .....1-800-427-7623 Nevada Highways. ............... 1-877-687-6237

Weather and road conditions as of 8 A.M. Subject to change without notice."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I likey them wildflowers.
CarverinDV.jpg

Apparently.

biggrin.gif

The timing of our Death Valley Ride is going to be absolutely perfect for Wildflower viewing! Richard must have had an Uncle or Father in the British Meteorological Service ......
Bob's your uncle!!
So Simon, Are you riding your FJR along on this shindig? Or are you staying home with johnny80s and NeilSanDiego: Crocheting, scrap booking, antiquing and doing needlepoint again? jes' sayin'

Sorry to inform you all but....Old Michael just convinced me this would be fun, so count me in.

Seriously, can't wait.

Mark

The timing of our Death Valley Ride is going to be absolutely perfect for Wildflower viewing! Richard must have had an Uncle or Father in the British Meteorological Service that planned the Invasion of Normandy! It rained yesterday and is going to also rain Sunday/Monday. Typical wildflower germination to flowering is 2-3 weeks: So bring your cameras, the blooms should be spectacular. PS: Also bring your cameras for the "action" in Fairlaner, jorstin and dj bill's hotel room! jes' sayin'

Weather and road conditions as of 8 A.M. Subject to change without notice."
Yer probably right this time Bokerfork! I can't go, but will be a :dribble: , waiting for you guys to scribe a ride report!

All y'all have a safe ride!

Sorry to inform you all but....Old Michael just convinced me this would be fun, so count me in.

Seriously, can't wait.

Mark
Well, Marky-Mark, they'll still prolly leave you OFF the attendees list. Join my friggin' club.

(On Friday night, we're putting Fairlaner and Beemerdons on that GIANT cow at the Longstreet. Have plenty of film.)

Seriously, can't wait.

Mark
Well, Marky-Mark, they'll still prolly leave you OFF the attendees list. Join my friggin' club.

(On Friday night, we're putting Fairlaner and Beemerdons on that GIANT cow at the Longstreet. Have plenty of film.)
Sweet Mary, Mother of God: The Fecking Irish Shite Disturbers! Here is the amended list, Richard please change your first post!

And by the way, when it comes to Beemerdons and Fairlaner on that GIANT cow at the Longstreet: 'R' and Papa have been there, done that, and have got the freaking T-Shirt!

PLEASE NOTE: If you are coming to the Death Valley Wildflower Ride in 2.5 weeks and do not see your name below, kindly let Papa Chuy know at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

TWO UP:

Mr. and Mrs. skuehl

BeemerDonS and Miss Donna

Mr. and Mrs. bluestreek

Mr. and Mrs. Wolfhound

Ryan and Jeanette FJRK

Mr. and Mrs. John Dumke

LONE WOLVES:

Old Michael - Father O'Keeffe

Bokerfork - Marky-Mark

Fairlaner

MadMike2

puppychow

Nightshine

FJRK

Big-D

HappyRider

Cibrd0wn

jorstin

BUMP REMINDER! 2 weeks from today, the Las Vegas portion of our Death Valley Wildflower Ride begins. There are still plenty of rooms available at The Golden Nugget LV for Thursday night, March 10. There are still ten rooms available at The Longstreet Inn in Amargosa Valley, NV for Friday and Saturday, March 11 & 12.

https://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0286?par=aolsvc&site=aolservicewx&promo=0&cm_ven=AOLSvc&cm_cat=AOLServiceWx&cm_pla=WxPage&cm_ite=Map Weather will be a high of 80F and a low of 50F and Sunny in Death Valley National Park.

Confirmed today I'm out - have to be at work on Friday.
Brother Don, very sorry to hear this; we certainly do wish that you could have joined us! You are about the only one in our FJR Forum Flock who can control our Old Michael; except for a raging pack of Lesbians, Miss Barb and MadMike2! I'm jes' sayin'!!!