FJR Death Valley Daze: January 22-24 Great MC Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...As far as going over to Ireland I really have no interest in that,...

... I do see this being pared down to England and Scotland, which suits me fine ...
Geez, that is not an insignificant change, boys. It is, in fact, ...a gamechanger.

I understand the difficulties Don, and thank you for doing the legwork.
Keep your chin up OM, may still find a way to work Eire into this. Went for a brief AM ride to clear my head and am giving consideration to there being an England and Scotland segment, followed by somewhat separate Republic/Ulster segment.

Lots more planning needs to be done, but gambit was always to rent bikes out of Raceways in London. May look at that still being the case for England and Scotland for seven riding days. Then we Micks and Paddies could leave the rotten Brit wankers on their sullen little island and the Hibernians could have a second segment that would start again for four days in Belfast.

From day 1 I've tried to plan this trip to be under $5K USD, so as many of our fine FJR Forum Friends could attend as possible.

Under $5K USD goal can still be achieved if the FJR Forum British Isles Tour can be broken down into two separate segments, depending on the individual riders wishes. For example, using yourself: If you had no desire to tour that soggy John Bull Rock, you could meet me in Ulster on the morning of the ninth day: We would pick up our machines from Irish Bike and be on our way. As you know, it is only a two hour train ride between Belfast City Hall Train Station and O'Connell Station in Dublin. We would party and sightsee in Dublin; Drogheda flight home! Oh and Old Michael, I do need a favor of ye! If SkooterG jumps in again blasting us for diverting OUR Thread; would you kindly kneecap him or car bomb him: Irish Style! Slainte, BeemerDonS

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be picking up my new red R1200GS Adventure tomorrow (Friday, 12-11-09) from Iron Horse in Tucson. Now I don't have to just lurk. I will be riding it to Death Valley in Jan. So if not sooner, see some of you there. Hopefully fellow Deming GS owner Don Cameron will be recovered from his knee surgery and be able to join me.

I also have a 2008 FJR1300 that I love. Hope it doesn't get lonely.

Dirk K
DingusKahn: Congratulations on your new BMW R1200GS Adventure! Now you've the best of both M/C worlds: FJR and a GS!

Hey Don,

I have a buddy from Missouri who is spending the winter in Chandler, And i have been trying to get him involved with the DVD. He's a crazy mofo, So he'll fit right it! He rides a new Buell 1125cr.

This is coming up fast guys! 1 more month!

Hey Don,
I have a buddy from Missouri who is spending the winter in Chandler, And i have been trying to get him involved with the DVD. He's a crazy mofo, So he'll fit right it! He rides a new Buell 1125cr.

Good Morning Adam, Sounds great, looking forward to meeting your buddy! By crazy mofo, do you mean more than SkootyG?

Don Stanley

C: 480-440-4666

Hey Don,

How many guys are we get in one room? People are gonna start talking, more than usual.

Hey Don,

How many guys are we get in one room? People are gonna start talking, more than usual.
Well shit... I figured since you are the pivot man you would be happy with MOAR PEEEPLES! :****:

Hey Don,

Good Morning Adam, Sounds great, looking forward to meeting your buddy! By crazy mofo, do you mean more than SkootyG?

Don Stanley

Oh hell no! Your illegitimate Bastard Son is the craziest MOFo i know! But the do share the same name, Minus one G

Gregg and Greg... :blink:

:****:

I will be picking up my new red R1200GS Adventure tomorrow (Friday, 12-11-09) from Iron Horse in Tucson. Now I don't have to just lurk. I will be riding it to Death Valley in Jan. So if not sooner, see some of you there. Hopefully fellow Deming GS owner Don Cameron will be recovered from his knee surgery and be able to join me.

I also have a 2008 FJR1300 that I love. Hope it doesn't get lonely.

Dirk K
DingusKahn: Congratulations on your new BMW R1200GS Adventure! Now you've the best of both M/C worlds: FJR and a GS!
Thanks Don. I got it home tonight. I only got to ride it around Tucson for an hour. Tomorrow I'll take it out in the "country" and get the tires dirty. :yahoo:

DK

Hey Don,

Don Stanley

Oh hell no! Your illegitimate Bastard Son is the craziest MOFo i know! But the do share the same name, Minus one G

Gregg and Greg... :blink:

:****:
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;#entry678678 GalaxyBlue: Please let your Missouri friend Gregg living in Chandler with the Buell 1125CR know about the Toy Run on December 19 at 10AM! Starts in Skootsdale at GO-AZ BMW.

LATE BREAKING NEWS: I have just received top secret and confidential information, that a very well distinguished and extremely handsome FJR Forum Gentleman from Seattle will be honoring us with his presence at Death Valley Daze 2010.

You'll instantly recognize our esteemed guest, he's professionally worked the runway as a fashion and style model for Ducati Motorcycles. He'll be joined by his buddy Curly Joe/Rich riding an H-D. This Mystery Guest will be operating "Cantina 106"!!!

LATE BREAKING NEWS: I have just received top secret and confidential information, that a very well distinguished and extremely handsome FJR Forum Gentleman from Seattle will be honoring us with his presence at Death Valley Daze 2010.
You'll instantly recognize our esteemed guest, he's professionally worked the runway as a fashion and style model for Ducati Motorcycles. He'll be joined by his buddy Curly Joe/Rich riding an H-D. This Mystery Guest will be operating "Cantina 106"!!!
That is fantastic. he is a great bartender and host. Didn't know he was a fashion model. Perhaps he will show us some of his stuff.........the women might like it.

:p

Oh gawd, a banana suit on a Harley? :unsure:

Oh gawd, a banana suit on a Harley? :unsure:
Well, heck! I can't miss that!

So... I've made my reservations at the LongStreet and will see you folks there on Friday evening! :D

I have to go on this ride....[SIZE=14pt]Galaxy Blue[/SIZE]....is making me.

I'm staying in Chandler with friends at present (hopefully they will remain "friends" thru the winter) :)

I need to meetup with you local boys here in the West Valley before the ride.

So give me a hollar.

Oh and don't believe anything Adam tells you.....it's all lies. :rolleyes:

I have to go on this ride....[SIZE=14pt]Galaxy Blue[/SIZE]....is making me.I'm staying in Chandler with friends at present (hopefully they will remain "friends" thru the winter) :)

So give me a hollar.

Holy shit... You actually signed up!

Welcome.

There ain't nuthin distinguished about Niehart, cept missus Niehart. You do know he runs with the Harley crowd when he's not scarfin pie at our events, right?

I have to go on this ride....[SIZE=14pt]Galaxy Blue[/SIZE]....is making me.I'm staying in Chandler with friends at present (hopefully they will remain "friends" thru the winter) :)

So give me a hollar.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=124306 Welcome aboard Gregg and glad to hear that you are riding to Death Valley with us; any friend of GalaxyBlue is a friend of mine. A good way to meet the local FJR Riders is to join us on the Toys for Tots Ride this Saturday 12/19; the link is above. If you want to ride with me to the start point at GO-AZ BMW Motorcycles of Scottsdale, I will pull into Victory BMW of Chandler at 8:45am and look for you on your Buell 1125CR bike.