HID Self Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Subtract that total from the FJR's available reserve power (~200watts? - someone step in here).
From direct observation over the past four years on both the ABS and standard bikes, you have roughly 120-130-ish watts to play with (above that needed to run the bike) BEFORE you start to see your Datel dip into the upper 12v range, even at engine speeds of 4000+ rpm.

The three connections are (refer to above photo):
1) Terminal A to battery's (+) post

2) Terminal B to battery's (-) post
Any reason one couldn't connect them to the previously installed power strip? My battery posts are kinda occupied.

The fuse block above Terminal "a" takes 20-amp fuses (1 each per circuit)
Are those fuses included in the kit from the factory?

BTW, thank you for setting this up. IMO, this is all a group buy ever needs to be. "Hey, I hooked us up a deal. Here's the phone number if you want in. Tell 'em I sent ya."

Any reason one couldn't connect them to the previously installed power strip? My battery posts are kinda occupied.
Technically, no, you use your power strip if you really wanted to. I would, however, recommend you connect Terminal 'B' to the negative post of your battery. Can't get a better grounding point that your (-) post on the battery... :D

Are those fuses included in the kit from the factory?
Yes. They are common 20-amp blade mini-fuses.

BTW, thank you for setting this up. IMO, this is all a group buy ever needs to be.
Some Group Buys need a form of control, else they become a free-for-all nightmare for the vendor. However, this should be the case here. Hopefully. :D

Here ya go:
PHIDs for $550

[SIZE=8pt](If you are feeling really appreciative towards me - feel free to buy me an 06 FJR AE!)[/SIZE]
Skooter, I checked on these (being interested in adding lights and always looking for a deal....) and Protocol is not marketing them anymore and they are not available from them any more. There didn't seem to be anyone there that even knew much about them, in fact. So, cross that source off your list...

I have been fascinated by this thread. I would very much like more light, but as most of my riding is daylight and my sorry @$$ has been saved more times than I can count by the PathBlazer, I have to stay on the sidelines.

I can't tell you how many times some :asshat2: in a cage has been ready to do the usual cut-off and seen the P/B in their rear-view--and STOPPED DOING IT! :D

So I have to put up with the weaker light and higher wattage....

BTW, WC: I thought you LIKED all the attention when we b**** at you over a group buy! :D

Here ya go:
PHIDs for $550

[SIZE=8pt](If you are feeling really appreciative towards me - feel free to buy me an 06 FJR AE!)[/SIZE]
Skooter, I checked on these (being interested in adding lights and always looking for a deal....) and Protocol is not marketing them anymore and they are not available from them any more. There didn't seem to be anyone there that even knew much about them, in fact. So, cross that source off your list...
Well, ain't that a major pisser!!! :angry:

I got a kit from them back in July. If I would have known they were going to discontinue them, I would have ordered some more.

Bummer!

BTW, WC: I thought you LIKED all the attention when we b**** at you over a group buy!  :D
Oh, you most definitely thought wrong there...
headshake.gif

Holy crap, almost 40 orders already - y'all are going nuts over these HID kits!  :lol:
I'm curious to know how many people who have sent you an email have actually sent an order for them.

Also, I noticed you never mentioned when this deal will end? Is there a date that the vendor will no longer be offering this killer deal? I'm considering ordering up a set for my 954, but my wallet needs to spend some time in ICU before it's recoverd enough for another set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, almost 40 orders already - y'all are going nuts over these HID kits!  :lol:
I'm curious to know how many people who have sent you an email have actually sent an order for them.

Also, I noticed you never mentioned when this deal will end? Is there a date that the vendor will no longer be offering this killer deal? I'm considering ordering up a set for my 954, but my wallet needs to spend some time in ICU before it's recoverd enough for another set.
Don't know how many actual orders... this isn't my gig, and I'm not about to ask him.

I also don't have a cut-off date from him, so I don't know exactly how long this offer is good for. I'm not going to ask, cuz, again, not my gig....

I have not ordered them yet. I'm waiting for someone to screw up and mess up the whole deal. Like asking how long it will last, etc. :huh:

Actually, I just noticed my Paypal was nearly empty. It's WARCHILD's fault! :clap:

Once I get the trasfer into PP, I'm going to make the move. Then, in a month or two, I may buy at THIRD set. :bigeyes: So I hope this self buy becomes rather ... perpetual.

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can.... B) B) B) B)

...not be blinded by the other FJR's on the road!!! Including MINE!!!!!!!

I'm going to order a set once I figure out how to use my new Pay Pal acct.... See my thread in "Off Topic" and feel free to answer. :erm:

I'll tell ya what, guys, our supplier doesn't mess around.... my H4 Low-Beam HID kit was ordered on the 24th; it arrives on the 26th from halfway around the world; you just can't beat it...

FedExLo-Beam_kit.jpg

Close-up of the heavily shielded Low-Beam H4 HID capsule:

H4LoBeamCapsule.jpg

The harness of the Low-Beam kit couldn't get any simplier: white to positive; black to negative, connect the Murphy-proof connectors to the HID capsule, and you're done!

LoBeamHarness2.jpg

I'll tell ya what, guys, our supplier doesn't mess around.... my H4 Low-Beam HID kit was ordered on the 24th; it arrives on the 26th from halfway around the world; you just can't beat it...

Very cool!! I ordered my set this morning, and received an email a few hours later confirming my order. While I would love for my set to arrive that quickly, part of me hopes it doesnt. I know if it were to arrive before the SPANK rally, I wouldnt be able to resist staying up all night installing them just so I could run them in the rally!

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can.... B)   B)   B)   B)

LMAO! I will remember to stay in FRONT of you when we ride again! :lol: Those modulators you have are annoying! ;)

Adam

Subtract that total from the FJR's available reserve power (~200watts? - someone step in here).
From direct observation over the past four years on both the ABS and standard bikes, you have roughly 120-130-ish watts to play with (above that needed to run the bike) BEFORE you start to see your Datel dip into the upper 12v range, even at engine speeds of 4000+ rpm.
Thanks. I originally entered ~150 but then upped it before saving it. I guess I'm trying to be generous and kind to the (undeserving?) Yamaha engineers. ;)

I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can.... B)   B)   B)   B)

LMAO! I will remember to stay in FRONT of you when we ride again! :lol: Those modulators you have are annoying! ;)

Adam
Well, the modulators go out the window with the bathwater when Mr. HID comes to town.

And IN FRONT OF ME is where you don't wanna be. Let ME light the way.

For sale, used Comagination headlight modulator. Cheap.

Nah, probably just leave it on the '04 when I sell it. With Silver Stars, not HIDs of course.

Warchild,

I was wondering, I know it's been mentioned here, but now I don't see the option I'm looking for.

What do you recommend for converting my 910's? Is there a high beam only kit or do I have to buy the full hi&low beam kit to get the high beams? I would rather not have the moving parts and just switch on the converted 910's for my high beams.

Thanks again for setting this up.

Grady A. Dunham

Your PIAA 910's use H3 bulbs which have only one filament, so you wouldn't be ordering a hi/low kit for them. You would be paying the lower price of $195 for the kit.

The more expensive $295 high/low kit only applies if you are ordering replacement bulbs for your main headlights. The main headlights in the FJR are H4 bulbs, which have two filaments for the high and low beams. If you wanted to retain both the high beam and low beam in your headlights, you would then order the more expensive hi/low kit. If you felt you didn't need the high beams, you would order a H4 low beam only kit.

Warchild,
I was wondering, I know it's been mentioned here, but now I don't see the option I'm looking for.

What do you recommend for converting my 910's? Is there a high beam only kit or do I have to buy the full hi&low beam kit to get the high beams? I would rather not have the moving parts and just switch on the converted 910's for my high beams.

Thanks again for setting this up.

Grady A. Dunham
In this scenario, you would just need to buy the H3 HID kit with the 4300K temperature bulbs. This is $185, not $195.

Are you planning to keep your stock headlamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.