• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the purchase of the Fuel Cell from TourTank.
This is a note to let everyone know that the purchase of all cells for this GB have to made at approximately the same time, meaning that I can't have someone ordering up from them several weeks apart, and still be able to enjoy whatever discount I can get. So with that in mind, is everyone ready to make this purchase? I want to make sure before I pull the trigger to get the final piece of this puzzle rolling. I'm posting this here, because some on the GB did not supply me with an email address.

Whaddaya say? If you don't want to post here, please let me know via email and I'll check off names.

ianl AT pacbell DOT NET

The total cost of the cell has not yet been determined, so the quote from them will be given to me as soon as I know everyone is ready. ;)

I guess that if someone fails to order in the specified time frame that will be set forth, then regular pricing will apply.

I'm in...

Ian,

just got back into the states last night ....so I'm sorry if late replying here

I'm of course ready to order the fuel cel ...just point me when time to do so.

Oh, and since i'll be picking up the mounting stuff in Sonora, maybe it makes sense to ship the tank to sonora? let me know.

also, and sorry if I overlooked, can you also point me where to get the bulkhead fitting? If i remember we need to get that on our own too? Thanks much!

...john (in reno)

Last edited by a moderator:
I check this thread a few times a day... I didn't miss anything while I was out of town last week, did I?

Ian, you still haven't given the word yet? :unsure:

Who is your products liability insurer?
<_< Are you serious?

This is a joke right? :unsure:

That's why you have to assemble this yourself. It's on you. There is no warranty stated or implied.

Who is your products liability insurer?
<_< Are you serious?

This is a joke right? :unsure:

That's why you have to assemble this yourself. It's on you. There is no warranty stated or implied.
I was thinking the same thing!

Some people's kids.... never their fault, they just want to know who to blame....

How about this Ice Man, DONT BUY ONE then you don't have to worry about it. :angry:

Actually, this is an auxilary water tank. It comes with a fitment kit to attach it to the bike. If you wish to purchase a separate unit to attach the water lines to the bottom of your fuel tank and then fill the auxilary water tank with gasoline and use it as an extra 4 gallons of gas, then you will do so at your own risk. Since the owner will install the unit for attaching the hoses to the motorcycle gas tank and the owner will take it upon themselves to fill said tank with a flammable liquid, it seems to me that it is the owner's obligation and responsibility if anything untoward happens.

It so happens that Skyway is using this water tank as an auxilary fuel cell and if anyone wants to copy his design and even buy the parts from him to assemble this unit, that's a voluntary act on their part. You should carefully note that the "piece" to attach hoses from the aluminum tank to the FJR gas tank must be purchased separately from another source.

WARNING: Should you actually participate in buying this item and the other individual pieces to assemble this as an auxilary gas tank, you will be riding your bike with 4 gallons of volatile, flammable liquid attached in the passenger seat location. If you install the lines in a less-than-safe manner or if you do something careless, this liquid could ignite and "roast your a$$".

Actually, this is an auxilary water tank. It comes with a fitment kit to attach it to the bike. If you wish to purchase a separate unit to attach the water lines to the bottom of your fuel tank and then fill the auxilary water tank with gasoline and use it as an extra 4 gallons of gas, then you will do so at your own risk. Since the owner will install the unit for attaching the hoses to the motorcycle gas tank and the owner will take it upon themselves to fill said tank with a flammable liquid, it seems to me that it is the owner's obligation and responsibility if anything untoward happens.
It so happens that Skyway is using this water tank as an auxilary fuel cell and if anyone wants to copy his design and even buy the parts from him to assemble this unit, that's a voluntary act on their part. You should carefully note that the "piece" to attach hoses from the aluminum tank to the FJR gas tank must be purchased separately from another source.

WARNING: Should you actually participate in buying this item and the other individual pieces to assemble this as an auxilary gas tank, you will be riding your bike with 4 gallons of volatile, flammable liquid attached in the passenger seat location. If you install the lines in a less-than-safe manner or if you do something careless, this liquid could ignite and "roast your a$$".

Sorry folks -- it was never my intention to offend anyone. I'm in the Risk Management business by profession. When I saw the product, I immediately thought of the products liability exposure if someone uses the tank for fuel. I'm sure that Skyway's design is state of the art. A product warranty (or lack thereof) does not negate a potential liability exposure. The cost to defend one's self in a products liability case can lead one to bankruptcy. I just wanted to mention the possible exposure.

If I manufactured a chain saw as a hobby and offered it to forum members, from a Risk Management standpoint, it would be prudent to have products liability insurance, wouldn't it?

Again, sorry I did a poor job of communicating. I never intended to offend anyone.

Once again, I never intended to offend anyone.

Signing Off,

Ice Man

A big warm welcome to the forum.

Best Regards,

Bruce

last night installed my bulkhead, fuel line blah blah blah.........

ready to rock-n-roll whenever the time comes.

....just want to make sure, do we need the 1/4" or 5/16" bulkhead fitting?

unfortunately home repairs took away my mad money account, so no fuel cell for me (again).

deductibles on insurance are there for a reason, but that doesn't mean i have to like them.

You need to be setting up for 3/8" ID fuel line. ;)

How soon do I need to be setting up for the 3/8" ID fuel line? ;)

I do hope everyone sent the money in for the tanks, I hate to have to go Tony Soprano on someone...collectin' funds.

Did I miss something? I thought Ian was going to either:

1) Arrange with the tank manufacturer to coordinate bulkhead fitting purchases to go with the tank... and we'd go buy them, or

2) Give us the details/part numbers of what we needed to go buy.

Is this not the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.