What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to ward off the PMS as much as possible by watching SE Ohio videos by Bungie, while remembering the SLOW FJR contest in SE Ohio.
Did'ja ever see the '

Yep, I do remember that one...I've been so close to that road twice and not run it for various reasons...weather, too many miles in a day for wifey. It hurt not to do that.

I will do that in 2013...even if it means doing a SS to get there and back.

Looks like a fun time. :yahoo:

I am going to ward off the PMS as much as possible by watching SE Ohio videos by Bungie, while remembering the SLOW FJR contest in SE Ohio.
Did'ja ever see the '

Hey Steve-o,

Just watched your vid. I want to say up front that I do not think your vid is lame. For one thing, you didn't mask your engine noise with some metallic band noise. Being able to hear your engine allows the watcher a lot better chance to understand what's going on. Especially since you have essentially the same bike as me, it makes it real easy to get in tune with what you are doing.

Second, I want to commend you for being a smooth rider. Much smoother than many of the guys that think they are really hustling, but are clomping on the brake pedal to the apex and then hammering out and shredding their tires, but getting no where faster. Also, big spacing (like you guys are using) is way smarter than the tight packing some folks seem to prefer. It never fails that if I am following someone closely I start following their lines, and that never seems to work out well.

I can tell that you strive to roll-on throttle through corners and use a lot of engine braking vs. wheel brakes, and that is my philosophy too. Not that I'm anything approaching an expert, but it seems to jive with how I ride when I'm riding "the pace".

But mostly, all of the above is just a semi-transparent attempt to coerce you into revealing what the heck road that is. It looks pretty damn magnificent. Won't you share?

29 minutes? Really?

I made it through 45 seconds...........
Of for God's sake Greg, please stop picking on those poor Canadians!

funny-mounties-canada-humor-august-assignment-demotivational-poster-1251062935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
29 minutes? Really?

That's only because you are so superior to the rest of us (in your own mind).
Son of a Bitch, Fred! I just called SkooterG on the phone and chewed him out for teasing you, now you go and poke him with a fecking stick! Listen up you two, don't make me stop this car and blister your asses dammit!

29 minutes? Really?

Well damnation Fred you ARE learning! Now if you will just buy into the ultimate fact of truth that my mind is all knowing and powerful you will be much happier!

:tease:

Last edited by a moderator:
29 minutes? Really?

Well damnation Fred you ARE learning! Now if you will just buy into the ultimate fact of truth that my mind is all knowing and powerful you will be much happier!

:tease:
Oh, I'm there buddy. I'm already there.
See? Now that wasn't so hard, was it? Isn't it a nice place? :)

ughhhh.. Keep it down you two.. :rolleyes:
Put a sock in it gramps. Fred and I are doing just fine here in the backseat with our little witty repartee. I realize since you and mi bastard step-pappy dont have, never did have, nor ever will have, any witts whatsoever that you feel all left out of such elementary banter and that's too bad but you know what? Life is tough. Get used to it.

:finger:

Where the fuk did I put my belt..Fuk it!

Hey Don? Fetch me a sliver of that willow branch.. I'm gonna whip somebodys ass bloody

Just watched your vid. I want to say up front that I do not think your vid is lame.

Second, I want to commend you for being a smooth rider. Much smoother than many of the guys that think they are really hustling, but are clomping on the brake pedal to the apex and then hammering out and shredding their tires, but getting no where faster. Also, big spacing (like you guys are using) is way smarter than the tight packing some folks seem to prefer. It never fails that if I am following someone closely I start following their lines, and that never seems to work out well.

I can tell that you strive to roll-on throttle through corners and use a lot of engine braking vs. wheel brakes, and that is my philosophy too. Not that I'm anything approaching an expert, but it seems to jive with how I ride when I'm riding "the pace".

But mostly, all of the above is just a semi-transparent attempt to coerce you into revealing what the heck road that is. It looks pretty damn magnificent. Won't you share?
Glad you liked it Fred!

But I'm offended! I worked hard to make that vid as lame-ass as possible! But I'm glad you got it. No bullshit. No cuts, no edits. All feck-up's for the world to see. I look at the video and see many mistakes. You can hear my pegs touching down about 10 times during the vid. You can even see my cross the center-line a bit in one tight up hill right hander near the beginning. Oops.

Your comments about spacing are spot on. You'll notice in all my videos theirs a healthy gap if somebody is front of me, for just the reason you specified. The other reason is we're a competitive bunch of old fuxors too. If I ride close to somebody, guaranteed they'll pick up the pace, which means I'll pick up the pace... next thing you know...

As for riding styles, I can ride quite a bit faster, but this is not a racetrack, I'm a 1000 miles from home in a different country on a road I've only been down a handful of times. Brain wins. Instead, you ride about 7 or 8/10ths and give yourself a reasonable safety margin. Even at that pace lots of those corners your running on faith that they're clean and nothing is coming.

Sent you a PM as to the location :D

29 minutes? Really?

I think he was talking about his attention span. That Fred Flintstone shaped Ritalin is really helping you out Sk00ter.
No.. He was talking about the span of time between seeing a plucked chicken and when he gets a nut..

I rolled KrZy8 into the shop for new tires..

The xplant engine is running great, the charging system is still at 14.3, the rear subframe ain't broke and neither is the front subframe.

Got a date with the Clearwater peeps, a new radiator catch tank ready for install, new rear break pivot assembly (old one wore out) and new front master cyl rebuild kit.

Winter will bring Galfers, SS lines, Pazzo levers, gen 1 clutch slave cylinder.

Life is good!

Now then, Dad's, beat them kids into submission!

Kids, kick Dad in his shamefully small package and watch him squirm like a worm on the hook.

Jes sayin'

oh

Hugs n' Kisses

:****: