What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blast around the town.

Met a bloke with a Triumph who was talking about getting a FJR. Let him sit on the bike & he's now sold on the idea.

Do I get commission?? :lol:

Got the headlight bulbs replaced but broke the tab on the left panel putting it back together. I should know better trying to work with plastic in the cold. Panel in on back order. Ordered a few other parts as spares but now have to wait two weeks. If the weather turns nice I may get one more ride before the Stabil goes in and the bike gets put to bed for the season. I won't give up on this season until the white stuff comes and they start spreading the salt on the roads.

I have some suspension work planned for the winter and I need to do a valve check before spring arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I rushed home (in the cage) to change my handlebar position before it was to dark to do so.

I have the helibars triple tree with risers. I took the risers out to try to get my head a bit closer to the v-stream sweet spot. We are getting close! I want to add audio to my helmet and actually hear it at 80+ mph.

Checked the water in the carburetors, changed transmission filter, greased muffler bearings, tightened spokes, flushed blinker fluid, and changed the air in the tires.

As this was quite time consuming I'm going to wait until tomorrow to rotate the tires. :blum:

Checked the water in the carburetors, changed transmission filter, greased muffler bearings, tightened spokes, flushed blinker fluid, and changed the air in the tires.

As this was quite time consuming I'm going to wait until tomorrow to rotate the tires. :blum:
What is the best grease for muffler bearings?

I put gas in my "jackie-O". 17 dollars. Wife smoked on the skoot while we were arguing. Go figure that one.

was going to ride...buuuuutttt...bat was dead but not sure if bat was bad or the if the tender was in the discharge cycle and i caught it at a bad time....doh.

Finally figured out how to listen to music/use my cell phone while also using my 2m radio all at the same time on the way home from work. Sweeet.

Also figured out I could switch the direction of the pads on my Pit Bull stand and it now works for the FJR! Duh. :dribble:

1108121630.jpg

was going to ride...buuuuutttt...bat was dead but not sure if bat was bad or the if the tender was in the discharge cycle and i caught it at a bad time....doh.
A battery maintainer never allows the battery to actually "discharge". It will stop charging, or cycle between actively charging and "float" which is where it just monitors the battery's voltage, so that it doesn't cook the electrolyte out of the cells after it reaches a full charge. If the battery is weak and already on the way out it is possible your tender continued to charge it and cooked it, attempting to get it to the float level. More sophisticated chargers like the Optimate series will just give up and show an error condition that says the battery is dun for.

Either way, I would replace the battery and then investigate whether the charger is still working right. Hey, you've got all winter to do that now... :eek:

If the weather turns nice I may get one more ride before the Stabil goes in and the bike gets put to bed for the season. I won't give up on this season until the white stuff comes and they start spreading the salt on the roads.
Heads up, Sunday is supposed to be 11-12C and partly cloudy. Mind you, tomorrow their calling for freezing rain and snow.

I'm not a psychic, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Mississauga once, I'd venture to say that this Sunday will be the last ride of 2012. The CBR and CRFL have been put away for about 3 weeks now. Still gotta yank the batteries out and cover them up. The FJR will get the same treatment Sunday afternoon.

After that, its a severe case of PMS. I can feel it coming on already.

If the weather turns nice I may get one more ride before the Stabil goes in and the bike gets put to bed for the season. I won't give up on this season until the white stuff comes and they start spreading the salt on the roads.
Heads up, Sunday is supposed to be 11-12C and partly cloudy. Mind you, tomorrow their calling for freezing rain and snow.

I'm not a psychic, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Mississauga once, I'd venture to say that this Sunday will be the last ride of 2012. The CBR and CRFL have been put away for about 3 weeks now. Still gotta yank the batteries out and cover them up. The FJR will get the same treatment Sunday afternoon.

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/az/chandler/id/85249 Heads up Zonies, Sunday will be 63F and sunny; but Thank God, it will be back to 79F by Wednesday! Heated gear and liners time!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm going to clean up the bike this weekend before sending the forks and shock off for some much overdue work.

I am going to ward off the PMS as much as possible by watching SE Ohio videos by Bungie, while remembering the SLOW FJR contest in SE Ohio.

Then I'll toggle over to some videos of Push Mountain Arkansas with Gramps in October, while remembering the Twistie route from EOM in September.

I will top that off with remembering all those curvy miles in SW WI, while chasing the FJRs ridden by Marty and Griff in October.

I am going to ward off the PMS as much as possible by watching SE Ohio videos by Bungie, while remembering the SLOW FJR contest in SE Ohio.
Did'ja ever see the '

' video? That damn thing still makes my palms sweat.