When did you get your 06 AE bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When did you get your 06 AE bike delivered?

• March 1-15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 16-31

• April 1-15

• April 16-30

• May 1-15

• May 16-31

• June 1-15

• June 16-30

• July 1-15

• July 16-31

• Total voters
I got the same answer from Tony in Texarkana. My Bike may be in towards end of June. Bikes seem to end up at the highest volume dealers first!

I got the same answer from Tony in Texarkana. My Bike may be in towards end of June. Bikes seem to end up at the highest volume dealers first!
I placed my order on 9/28/06 at my local small volume dealer and the bike came in on 06/06/2006.

When did y'all order your bikes?

Best Regards,

Shane

On the contrary, Renaa at D&H was referring to special treatment from Yamaha puts them at the BOTTOM end of priority shipments. I don't think anyone sells more FJR's that D&H. Now Yamahas sold total may be someone else. But D&H is very high volumn and because of their steep discounts, Yamaha is actually delaying their shipments. Doesn't make any sense to me for them to ding one of their better selling dealers.

Again, D&H was telling me that they never expected their AE's to be in until July anyway. That didn't sound right to me. In fact I thought they we're scheduled for May deliveries, and I expected that meant June, realistically.

On the contrary, Renaa at D&H was referring to special treatment from Yamaha puts them at the BOTTOM end of priority shipments. I don't think anyone sells more FJR's that D&H. Now Yamahas sold total may be someone else. But D&H is very high volumn and because of their steep discounts, Yamaha is actually delaying their shipments. Doesn't make any sense to me for them to ding one of their better selling dealers.

Again, D&H was telling me that they never expected their AE's to be in until July anyway. That didn't sound right to me. In fact I thought they we're scheduled for May deliveries, and I expected that meant June, realistically.
I know that on initial non FJR orders for instance an FZ1, the larger dealers got 6 bikes and the smaller guys who wanted 10 got 2.

As you pointed out -- It seems the time that your order was placed on the pdp does not give you an actual timeline spot in line. It depends on the dealer and his relationship with Yamaha that control deliveries.

Wonder how many pdp AEs are actually in the country and which dealer has got theirs?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can register at fjr1300.info Clicky and see who ordered what when. It is NOT inclusive of all PDP's, only those who volunteered the info.

Got the call from Pat at Sunnyside today. My AE has arrived and will be assembled on Monday. I'll be picking it up the middle of next week.

Got the call from Pat at Sunnyside today. My AE has arrived and will be assembled on Monday. I'll be picking it up the middle of next week.
While I was off riding the CAlifornia 24 Rally(it was a hoot!!), my 06 AE arrived on Thursday 8 June. :D Will pick it up on Tuesday. I ordered first hour 28 September 05 and got PDP#195582. Will report later on first riding impressions. Meantime, my 05 "BlueJay" performed great. :yahoo: I teamed with Skyway and BlueStreek from the forum. Also met ScooterG(Greg) and rode some with him. A great rally and lots of FJRs did it. :assassin:

I got a call from my dealer, in northern Indiana, today and it should be here this week. Looks like there should be a lot of happy riders very soon. Now we will see if the 06's, especially the AE lives up to all the hipe. If so it should be a GREAT ride. RIDE SAFE

Well hope this date won't be bad luck.I love it I love it.It arived 06/02/06 Tony Texarkana TX.late put together Monday picked up Tues.6/6/6 am trailered it back home unable to get ride up to ride it back.

Got about 500 miles on it now.Shifts great it's nice to have your left hand free when you stop without

having to put in N then back in gear when at light.When riding hard I thing you could shift faster but it is smooth.Added autocom XM ,Radar detector,cell phone, throttlemeister,grip puppies. Have ordered corbin seat with backrest for wife 3 or 4 weeks. Next thing to do is remove throttle spring had 03 FJR and help the right hand out alot.

Ordered 09/29/2005 claim #195674 First AE delivery Texarkana

Vin# JYARP16E66A000112 FJR13AVES

Tony at Texarkana did a great job putting bike together and having it ready

Ron Brown

Burleson TX. :rolleyes:

On full acceleration is clutch disengagement and engagement so slow that performance is noticeably less than standard model? Does the engine bounce off the rev limiter when shifting full throttle? Sounds like you guys are saying there's enough time to take a lunch break between shifts.

Well hope this date won't be bad luck.I love it I love it.It arived 06/02/06 Tony Texarkana TX.late put together Monday picked up Tues.6/6/6 am trailered it back home unable to get ride up to ride it back.

Got about 500 miles on it now.Shifts great it's nice to have your left hand free when you stop without

having to put in N then back in gear when at light.When riding hard I thing you could shift faster but it is smooth.Added autocom XM ,Radar detector,cell phone, throttlemeister,grip puppies. Have ordered corbin seat with backrest for wife 3 or 4 weeks. Next thing to do is remove throttle spring had 03 FJR and help the right hand out alot.

Ron Brown

It's a little slower but depends on rider and type of ridding your doing but normal ridding is smooth and fun to ride.

On full acceleration is clutch disengagement and engagement so slow that performance is noticeably less than standard model? Does the engine bounce off the rev limiter when shifting full throttle? Sounds like you guys are saying there's enough time to take a lunch break between shifts.

Ron Brown

Don't forget to email 'hmarc' www.fjr1300.info/letter Clicky to update deliveries when you got your AE's...

Just got the call from my dealer saying the bike was in. But they won't let me pick it up until Sat Jun 17th. I asked "no one will be driving it right?" He said they will be test driving it but no one (customers) else

will.

Hurry up and wait, Bummer :-(

Just called the dealer to check the computer for possible release. He says it shows being pushed back to a July delivery. :(

patience, good things for those who wait.

Dealer called today (Ward's Yamaha -- a great dealership).

They expect arrival in about 10 days.

PDP Claim # 196432, ordered 10/21. you can check other deliveries at www.fjr1300.info Clicky

been a long wait -- just gotta hang in there a little longer....

I picked up my new AE today and rode 120 miles. I did not have a problem getting use to the hand shifter, in fact my shifts were smoother with the hand shifter than the foot shifter. In my opinion the auto clutch gives you the oppitunity to make the smoothest shifts you've ever made but it will not make you smooth, in other words you can screw up your shifts just about the same as you can with a clutch. It requires that you pay attention in order to be smooth just like you need to do on a clutch bike. This new system gets a big thumbs up from me, it is something new and fun. I my opinion yamaha has hit the mark with the other issues they said that they address with the 06. The brakes & ride are excellent. Wind managment was very good and the heat issue has been resolved. Only more miles and time will tell when it comes to the comfort of the seat but so far so good. In my opinion the new 06 is a winner and I look forward to putting a lot of fun and enjoyable miles on this bike. RIDE SAFE

After a week and 1200 miles, I can only say I like this thing better every day. I've only used the footshifter a few times, the migration to the hand shift was that natural. As Bikerkash says, if you want to, you can make the shifts feel just like a conventional clutch shift, or you can make them almost completely un-noticeable. The best part is in the twisties, it's just to much fun. I installed a couple of Powerlet plugs the other night and my Corbin seat. I am leaving on July 14th for a 10 day 4,000 mile trip, and just hope I can keep myself off this thing long enough so I don't have to put on a new set of tires before I leave. :lol:

After a week and 1200 miles, I can only say I like this thing better every day. I've only used the footshifter a few times, the migration to the hand shift was that natural. As Bikerkash says, if you want to, you can make the shifts feel just like a conventional clutch shift, or you can make them almost completely un-noticeable. The best part is in the twisties, it's just to much fun. I installed a couple of Powerlet plugs the other night and my Corbin seat. I am leaving on July 14th for a 10 day 4,000 mile trip, and just hope I can keep myself off this thing long enough so I don't have to put on a new set of tires before I leave. :lol:
Curious as to what location did you install the Powerlet outlets. I looked on the Powlet site and the only 06 FJR kit installed on the left flat panel where the grip warmer controls are. If you can describe location of the 2 outlet, it is much appreciated and I want to install 2 also. thanks.l