Bay Area Ride Labor Day Weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
We will rendezvous at 9AM at Starbucks in Walnut Creek right off Highway 680 at Treat Blvd. The Starbucks we'll be meeting at is here:

2922 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA‎

Here's the Google route.

There is gas at the Starbucks. Please gas up when you get there vs. on the way out. :huh:

We'll leave around 9:30 and head south to Crow Canyon Rd. to wind our way into the Oakland and Berkeley hills (Redwood to Skyline to Grizzly Peak). We'll stop for some views of the Bay (if no fog), then have a lunch stop in Berkeley, probably at Manny's Tap House on Telegraph. Then we'll continue over the hill through Briones to come out at a Valero Station in Martinez, from which folks can go their separate ways. I rode this ride last weekend. It's a great chance to work on your cornering skills.

Participants:

• JBurleigh
  • MadMike2
  • Hycles of Dixon, Gateway to Sacramento
  • Russ J + J
  • Nightshine
  • CAJW
  • BKFs
Possible:

• Silent
  • Dave and Susan Migliore
  • Weekend Rider

Last edited by a moderator:
This ride will start at 9AM at Starbucks in Walnut Creek right off Highway 680 at Treat Blvd. (If just a handful we can meet at my house.) We'll leave around 9:30 and head south to Crow Canyon Rd. to wind our way into the Oakland and Berkeley hills (Redwood to Skyline to Grizzly Peak). We'll stop for some views of the Bay (if no fog), then have a lunch stop in Berkeley, probably at Manny's Tap House on Telegraph. Then we'll continue over the hill through Briones to come out at a Valero Station in Martinez, from which folks can go their separate ways. I rode this ride last weekend. It's a great chance to work on your cornering skills.
Participants:

• JBurleigh
  • MadMike2
  • Hycles
Possible:

• Silent
LOL! That's right in our back yard!! we ride ALL those roads at least once a week after work! Count us in. Russ (Driver) & Jess (Navigator).

Count the BKF's in as very possible. Just depends on whether you know who decides to go along.

He probably won't given the late KSU.

And now, for the acronym hat trick, I'll let you know ASAP.

Mark

I think the last time we did this kind of ride in reverse. January 3 ride.
Close, but I think we're heading a bit farther south....
Yeah, we're starting at the southern end and riding north, versus vice versa. :blink: In other words, we're gonna ride the best bits we didn't ride after riding the ealier bits last time, and then riding the part we did last time, only in reverse. Got it? :blink:

[SIZE=14pt]Attention: Sac Valley Riders[/SIZE]

I sent a note to Hycle about meeting in Dixon, then riding to Walnut Creek. Here's the info:

8:00 am to 8:15 am at Solano Baking Co. on Pitt School Rd.
Und zo........I think we should plan on meeting @ 0800 to allow time for the usual "meet & greet".

I-80 West, take the Pitt School Rd. off ramp, turn left at the stop sign and go over the highway. Once over I-80 there will be another stop sign for the opposite off ramp. Go straight and turn in the first driveway on the left. The Solano Baking Company is easily seen from the top of the overpass and from the stop sign.

If you miss it....too bad! :rolleyes:

So far it looks like:

Hycle (Mikey and Terri)

Dave Mig (and Susan)

Silverado Slick (Charles and Catherine)

mm2

Nope...Barb won't make it. :(

Who else?

This sounds like a great ride....... But I will be in Sonora area....

I will keep an eye out for Barb for ya.........

B......