New Years Day Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather Update:

Sacramento:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 50 °F

Cloudy with a bit of rain; areas of morning fog

It looks like scattered showers.

Auburn:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F

Dull and dreary with a bit of rain

Grass Valley:

High: 50 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F

Rain

We may want to amend our plans at the meet point and head South rather than North.

Placerville:

High: 53 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F

Cloudy with a little rain

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather Update:
Sacramento:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 50 °F

Cloudy with a bit of rain; areas of morning fog

It looks like scattered showers.

Auburn:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F

Dull and dreary with a bit of rain

Grass Valley:

High: 50 °F RealFeel®: 44 °F

Rain

We may want to amend our plans at the meet point and head South rather than North.

Placerville:

High: 53 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F

Cloudy with a little rain
Pussies ;)

I'm soooooo jealous .....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ....... South is good............ :}
Absolutely! Over to Forest Hill Rd, down the canyon and up through Cool, over to Georgetown, 193 to Placerville or down Marshall Grade to Hwy 49/Coloma and on to Placerville. Or Lotus Rd to Rescue. Or North on 49 to Pilot Hll and L on Salmon Falls Rd.

The possibilities are endless, all of the roads and riders interesting. :yahoo:

From NOAA -

Auburn, CA:

New Year's Day: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 53. South southeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Foresthill, CA:

New Year's Day: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 47. South southeast wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Cool, CA

New Year's Day: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 52. South southeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Georgetown, CA

New Year's Day: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 48. South southeast wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Placerville, CA

New Year's Day: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 48. South southeast wind between 8 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Rain everywhere....

Terri and I have new rain gear to test.

See you at Brookfields for breakfast.

Will we stop for Ice Cream? :yahoo: :yahoo:

From NOAA -

Rain everywhere....
Yes, but when I checked AccuWeather.com and used their hour-by-hour forecast it wasn't "constant".

Everyone will have to make up their own minds. I'll be bringing the rain liners for my gear.

Will we stop for Ice Cream? :yahoo: :yahoo:
Er....maybe for hot chocolate. ;)

Hmmmm..... Fancy a game of Battleships?

4231558690_b747de3154_o.jpg

I'm up in the air right now. Keeping an eye on the weather. I love to ride and love to see my friends, but I take no pleasure (I'm reading Jane Austen :rolleyes: ) in riding in the rain. (And I don't know when I've ever seen such griping about the weather as the ride yesterday, which I only mention as a reminder that rain's no fun. :D )

I think it would be wise to stay south of I 80, we always get more rain up here.

Useless fact: Nevada County is second in annual rainfall in California.

Just a reminder to watch for road sand up here and toward Georgetown, lots of frosty roads lately so the road crews have been piling on the sand. I will be watching this thread for updates. Plus side for me is new PR's going on today going, down side is my Feejeer is showroom clean (we're talkin GAY clean) so do I want to mess it up?

Saturday looks much better, come on up out of the fog .Just a thought.

I think it would be wise to stay south of I 80, we always get more rain up here.
Useless fact: Nevada County is second in annual rainfall in California.

Just a reminder to watch for road sand up here and toward Georgetown, lots of frosty roads lately so the road crews have been piling on the sand. I will be watching this thread for updates. Plus side for me is new PR's going on today going, down side is my Feejeer is showroom clean (we're talkin GAY clean) so do I want to mess it up?

Saturday looks much better, come on up out of the fog .Just a thought.
Oh no, not RAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Our New Years forecast

Weather%20Report.jpg

Our New Years plans, the 62nd annual I-Cycle Derby

Then we might stop by the lake for a quick spin.

IMG_6352.jpg

Watch out for that rain guys :p