Death Valley Wildflower ride, Assuming we get some rain.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, bluestreeks, nightshine and I will be stayin in Lone Pine on Thursday and Saturday (Best Western), Longstreet on Friday only.

That will shave some miles off Sunday's ride home.
Mike, I completed reservations using this same agenda. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I pick you up and return you to Sky Harbor International. Donna and I will ride our BMW R1150RT "Ingrid" and Niehart you can ride "Miss Lucy Liu"!
I'd imagine Fairlaner would let you room with him on the road,
Hey, Niehart!

If I meet you guys at the airport, could I have your pillion seat?

I'd get my own room :p

I'm so !@#$ sick of snow and cold that I'm just about ready to open a vein .... :(
What time does your flight get in?

I will pick u up on the wing!!!!!!!!!!!

R

I pick you up and return you to Sky Harbor International. Donna and I will ride our BMW R1150RT "Ingrid" and Niehart you can ride "Miss Lucy Liu"!
Hey, Niehart!

I'm so !@#$ sick of snow and cold that I'm just about ready to open a vein .... :(

R
Wowser Mary Ellen, you can't go wrong with Richard's offer. Fairlaner rides M/C's like an old lady, but he's a super safe motorcycle operator. If you decide not to ride pillion, my offer stands for any of my fleet. May be more direct flights to LAX over PHX! Even though it would make more sense to fly in and out of Las Vegas, if that fits into the travel plans of 'R'. Death Valley can be accessed bypassing Vegas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Niehart!

R
Wowser Mary Ellen, you can't go wrong with Richard's offer. Fairlaner rides M/C's like an old lady, but he's a super safe motorcycle operator. If you decide not to ride pillion, my offer stands for any of my fleet. May be more direct flights to LAX over PHX! Even though it would make more sense to fly in and out of Las Vegas, if that fits into the travel plans of 'R'. Death Valley can be accessed bypassing Vegas!
I spent 5+ hours on Saturday and today pushing snow around with a snowblower and a shovel :blink:

So......

Should I bring a poster with me ? I would imagine tables are provided :p

The weather seems to be warming up. It hit 73 around here today. Its about time! Death Valley will be different this year compared to the storms we rode between last year.

Hey, Niehart!

R
I spent 5+ hours on Saturday and today pushing snow around with a snowblower and a shovel :blink:

So......

I got your poster Babe, signed, and framed! :p
I have to work that Friday but may make a night-berserk Hunter Thompson midnight run just because...

I got your poster Babe, signed, and framed! :p
Bless MsD's little heart :wub:
MEM: It would be wonderful if you can make the Death Valley Wildflower Ride, you know we Westies will do whatever we can on our end to see you here!!

dcarver: Don, please contact my illegitimate bastard son SkooterG; he is on the fence on this ride. If he had a chance to sleep with you (again) he'd come!

The weather seems to be warming up. It hit 73 around here today. Its about time! Death Valley will be different this year compared to the storms we rode between last year.
Big-D, pretty hard to beat a weather forecast like this one! 80F on Friday, March 11. Even Girly-Men like You, dj bill and Old Michael should be able to ride in that temp!

10-Day Forecast for Death Valley, CA

High /

Low (°F) Precip. %

Today

Mar 02 Mostly Sunny 81°/53° 10 %

Thu

Mar 03 Partly Cloudy 81°/50° 0 %

Fri

Mar 04 Partly Cloudy 80°/51° 10 %

Sat

Mar 05 Partly Cloudy 82°/54° 10 %

Sun

Mar 06 Partly Cloudy 84°/55° 20 %

Mon

Mar 07 Partly Cloudy / Wind 77°/45° 20 %

Tue

Mar 08 Mostly Sunny 75°/46° 0 %

Wed

Mar 09 Partly Cloudy 77°/49° 0 %

Thu

Mar 10 Sunny 79°/51° 0 %

Fri

Mar 11 Partly Cloudy 80°/52° 10 %

Last Updated Mar 2 05:07 a.m. PT

NOTE TO PHOENICIANS: Donna and I are departing for Death Valley Wildflower ride from Corner of Alma School and Queen Creek Roads in Chandler at 0730 on our FJR.

At 0900 hours we are meeting up with Barry and Marla - Mr. and Mrs. BearTrax at the McDonald's in Wickenburg: 370 E. Wickenburg Way. They will be on their BMW K1200LT.

At 1100 hours, the four of us are meeting up with Big-D at El Palacio Mexican Restaurant for lunch: 401 East Andy Devine Avenue, Kingman, Arizona. Dan will be on his FJR.

5 us will be riding up to Las Vegas over the new Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge. Once we hit LV, BearTrax's are heading straight up to DVNP. Questions: 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

This is the plane Mary Ellen will be flying in and out of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada on. At least it's better than the broken heap they fly out to Newfoundland!!!

old20airplane2010659210909.jpg

This is shaping up to be quite the event. Wish we could join you guys but it's not to be. Hope to see a few of the pics and read some of the stories afterwards. I'm sure there will be stuff that's not fit to publish on the forum! :p

This is shaping up to be quite the event. Wish we could join you guys but it's not to be. Hope to see a few of the pics and read some of the stories afterwards. I'm sure there will be stuff that's not fit to publish on the forum! :p
Jill and Andy, We are certainly going to miss you two on this ride! We will keep a stiff upper lip and try our very best to party hearty without you fine folks! CHEERIO!!

Jill and Andy, We are certainly going to miss you two on this ride! We will keep a stiff upper lip and try our very best to party hearty without you fine folks! CHEERIO!!
I'm sure you'll manage, one way or another. The partying will be hearty for sure.

We're going to the desert the weekend before, as well as the weekend after this epic event. During the days between, we each plan to somehow fit 40hrs of work, the usual house chores and stuff, plus a rather cool sounding off-road riding class.

Hope we'll be able to make the next FJR event.

Ok so here is what we are thinking......

Wednesday Bill Steve and I will meet at our usual spot on the 15 at 9am and head to The Hacienda which is the last hotel before the Hoover Dam, I will let those guys walk over the bridge while I go and get my TOH memorial down on the Dam.

On the way to Vegas I need to stop in Boulder for another Memorial (may get on the way in depending on time).

Wednesday evening we are going to Lawry's for prime rib and yorkshire pudding.....then maybe a comedy show and a few drinks.

Thursday Jeannette and Bill want to go to the Pawn Shop on the strip, and then we have the day to look round Vegas.

I am thinking Friday I would like to go to Goldfield and have a look round before we head to The Longstreet to check in.

Friday evening will be the usual merriment :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Saturday is up in the air right now.

input?

R

Ok so here is what we are thinking......I am thinking Friday I would like to go to Goldfield and have a look round before we head to The Longstreet to check in. Friday evening will be the usual merriment :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Saturday is up in the air right now.

input?

R
Zonies will call you after check in at The Nugget Thursday afternoon around 3pm. Going to pass on Goldfield, Seth and I stayed there on our way to UBERKUL's meetup.

REMINDER: Thanks to SnowAviation we have two great links for you to check the Park conditions at before you saddle up for Death Valley. Below are these useful Death Valley links: "Maturango" does a pretty good job of general Death Valley updates and the National Park Service one has the "Morning Report" which includes what routes and roads are closed and other DV factoids.

https://www.nps.gov/deva/index.htm

https://www.maturango.org/DeathV.html

Prime Rip sounds great, Comedy Club is always fun, especially if they start picking on audience members.

I'm riding out to Hollywood this coming Friday, will probably ride by and strafe Fairlaner.