FJR Death Valley Daze: January 22-24 Great MC Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is currently raining here in buckets. My yard is now a lake, my roof looks as though it's been transformed into a water feature, my satellite keeps looking for a signal and I can't hear my television because of the noise being created by rain hitting the skylight in my kitchen.
My wife casually looks over at me and says; "you're going to ride out of here in this?" and then her and my daughter start laughing! I'm thinking, I wonder what the roads are like right now down by the river? I don't think the wipers on my truck would help in this weather! But then, Friday is supposed to be much better.....................I hope!
https://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.asp...cation=USCA0286 Dan, check out this Interactive Weather Map; it shows the front right over Lake Havasu City, AZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is currently raining here in buckets. My yard is now a lake, my roof looks as though it's been transformed into a water feature, my satellite keeps looking for a signal and I can't hear my television because of the noise being created by rain hitting the skylight in my kitchen.
My wife casually looks over at me and says; "you're going to ride out of here in this?" and then her and my daughter start laughing! I'm thinking, I wonder what the roads are like right now down by the river? I don't think the wipers on my truck would help in this weather! But then, Friday is supposed to be much better.....................I hope!
https://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.asp...cation=USCA0286 Dan, check out this Interactive Weather Map; it shows the front right over Lake Havasu City, AZ!
Man-O-Man Biggesest D ......

You certainly aren't messin' around with the rain ...and snapped a pic of the satellite shot that Don referenced .....

That red is heavy-duty rainage

100119sattelite.JPG

I was thinking of coming at the last minute but I will be flaging at the Grand Prix MX Races this weekend here in Havasu. It looks like good weather for the weekend but it is sure raining like a Mofo now in Havasu. I think we are getting are annual 4 inches today. Hope the weather is good for you guys.

Sorry all. Canceling out. Mapquested this and looked again and again at the weather.

Fortunately I don't ride a BMW so I'm allowed to say no to 10+ hours of rain with possible snow.

Hopefully next year.

Mark

Sorry all. Canceling out. Mapquested this and looked again and again at the weather.
Fortunately I don't ride a BMW so I'm allowed to say no to 10+ hours of rain with possible snow.

Hopefully next year.

Mark
Mark, Fully Understood! You NorCal FJRiders have the longest and wettest slog! Death Valley Daze is always on the 4th weekend of January, so we'll see you next year at the 12th DVD. Unfortunately, I'll have to get on my short wave radio in my basement and contact Dieter und Hans in Berlin, BMW Bunker AG, Deutschland.

We BMW riders keep a Motorrad AG dossier on those we feel worthy to ride BMW's, learn the secret BMW Handshake, the secret Wehrmacht drinking songs, secret wave and other trappings of BMW Ownership and Membership in The BMW Faithful. I'll do my best to put in a good word for you, but it's pretty much hopeless fur dir!

Don,

If I trailer, I'll probably just take AZ-95 through Laughlin to Henderson. Let me know which way you decide to go. If you go through Quartzite, I will meet up with you where CA-95 meets I-40 near Needles. I have a Ford F-250 Diesel. If for some reason we get lucky, I'll ride and then meet up with the group which ever route you take.

"male sex workers" ????
Geez, maybe I can still fly down for this... B)
Well, you know Barb; the runner up to new guy "Markus" at The Shady Lady is from Citrus Heights, California. You wouldn't have to go all the way to Beatty, NV!

Of course, Bobbi - Madame of The Ranch, was not overly impressed with his "resume"; if you know what I'm saying. She also mentioned he was somewhat old.
I catch your drift Uncle Chuy...'nuff said :blink:

I will have to make a decision by early tomorrow morning ....so we'll know then.
Always welcome here, amigo. Just sayin'..
Don, always a treat to get an invitation to the Hondarosa.
I hope to leave in the morning -it kind of comes down to picking windows of opportunity in between snow storms.

I'm fairly confident that I'll get out around 7:30ish in the morning ...which should put me in the least cold part of the day going through Coaldale (often the coldest spot in the state) and Tonopah (over 6000 feet and often nasty in winter) ..probably around 28F when I go through coaldale.

But it all depends on the snow we get tonight and if the roads are decent.

Besides the local conditions, I'll be watching this very closely:

https://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.a...cation=USNV0091

If it doesn't look good, I'll hunker-down and head out Saturday morning and go straight to Longstreet.

Either way, I'll be making a direct path to southern NV.

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

The Eagle has landed. FJR Forum Member Dave "Orestes" Clarke has arrived in Arizona from England; is now at Casa del Stanley. We're going M/C riding today!

Anybody SPOTing? If so, post up your site info or PM/Email me...
Yep, Live Spot and (hopefully) live radar:

click on image to see live view of map and radar
Hope to have wheels in motion by 7:15ish (+/-) reno time this morning

My Fellow Arizonans: I have made the command decision that we are going to take the lower elevations desert floor route up to Amargosa Valley; I-10 to 95.

GalaxyBlue, Big-D and marcusorelius: Too complicated to attempt a rendezvous, so we just hope to see you somewhere out on Nevada Route 95 on Friday.

From the Cracker Barrel Restaurant on I-10 to Needles, California is 3.5 hours and 230 miles. So, we will be heading north on NV-95 at approximately 1100.

I will have my cell phone with me, but I usually can't hear it ringing on the bike; but I will check it out at all stops: 480-440-4666. Keep me posted as to your location.

https://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Litchfield...297&2v=CITY