NAFO Dates Set!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am most definitely attending. Might even sweet talk my brother in coming along.

That is, if you big meanies promise not to use his bike for a bonfire (he rides an Harley :aarock: ).

Poker? Did somebody say poker??? ALL IN! :yahoo:

The ski resorts should be fairly quiet in the summer. That opens up places like Steamboat, Aspen, Vail. Glenwood Springs is an option. Ouray and Durango would have some acceptable riding nearby. Let the speculation begin...we could end up in Limon...yuck.

The ski resorts should be fairly quiet in the summer. That opens up places like Steamboat, Aspen, Vail. Glenwood Springs is an option. Ouray and Durango would have some acceptable riding nearby. Let the speculation begin...we could end up in Limon...yuck.
Indeed, located in the quaint little mountain town of Last Chance, CO. I'm getting some killer rates. Mother is waiting.

ush-batesmotel-us.jpg

Yeah...I have family in Steamboat, and that would save the extra 2 days I'd HAVE to swing up there to visit. (you know how we'll all hate riding in CO!?!?)

Mother is waiting.....

En, eye chicked...thar ain't none uh them Bates'es Motels up en thet parta thuh state.
:bleh:

Colorado Springs has hundreds of hotels, and the rates are considerably lower than those in the smaller towns and resorts.

Hopefully we will be somewhere in the middle of the Rockies with great riding right outside of our door. The Idarado/Telluride area has fabulous roads, around Montrose, southeast of Grand Junction. Not sure about the gambling meccas like Blackhawk and Center City. The resort towns should have plenty of hotel space for even very large groups and July gets off season rates.

I am planning on NAFO being the culmination of a great western ride next year. I may go out the week before and spend 4 or 5 days in southern Utah/Arizona/New Mexico and then catch NAFO/Colorado on the way back home. Tempted to bring both bikes out. Spend a little quality time on the Big Red Machine in UT/AZ/NM and the Cobalt Cooker in Colorado. Plenty of time to plan for a great trip during this cold, foresaken Minnesota winter.

I'd plan on Denver folks.

Y'all have any idea how expensive those cool resorts in those cool little towns are?

That'd be my guess.

I just got my Fall '07 Concourier (COG Mag) and they're doing their '08 national thing in Frisco, CO. - @ 9100'! 60 miles from Denver - June 2-6. Sounds like a great area. .........and beer is free there....I hear...

[SIZE=8pt]be gentle[/SIZE] :unsure:

I just got my Fall '07 Concourier (COG Mag) and they're doing their '08 national thing in Frisco, CO. - @ 9100'! 60 miles from Denver - June 2-6. Sounds like a great area. .........and beer is free there....I hear...[SIZE=8pt]be gentle[/SIZE] :unsure:
Actually, Denver is 71 miles.....but is interestingly exactly 60 miles from other locations that are in the 9,000' range. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Scooter and Iggy just flipped up TWN's skirt for everyone to take a quick peak.

Denver, eh? I can live with that. Twist my arm...

What's takiing so long?

Consider the wait like foreplay with a long-legged redhead before a winter's glowing fire... Yeah, it's a real tease, but, um, sending one outta of the park, so to speak, will definitely be worth it.

;)

And...

ARGH! Quit moving posts! You're making me look like I crazier than I already am! :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
You da man, Tim. :good: :friends: I'm just triying to live up the the "title" under my avatar. :derisive:

Status
Not open for further replies.