New Years Day Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
Okay, gang, here it is....time again for our semi-annual New Years Day ride.

Warning: If it's snowin' I ain't goin'!

[SIZE=8pt]What...d'you think I'm Canadian or something?[/SIZE] :huh:

The Pace:

Link #1

Link #2

Please read them. There might be a test...Lisa will have the prize. :yahoo:

J/K! ;)

FORECAST:

Sacramento:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F

Cloudy with a bit of rain; areas of morning fog

Auburn:

High: 54 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F

Dull and dreary with a bit of rain

Grass Valley:

High: 50 °F RealFeel®: 47 °F

Rain

Placerville:

High: 53 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F

Cloudy with a little rain

Breakfast:

9-ish to 9:30-ish

Brookfields Restaurant

4343 Madison Avenue

Sacramento, CA

The restaurant is just West of I-80 on the North side of the street.

[SIZE=8pt](Look at your map...my compass points are correct.)[/SIZE]

The Auburn Start Point:

From Brookfields (10-ish to 10:30-ish) we'll head East on I-80 to Auburn. We'll head South on Auburn-Folsom Rd. to Sacramento Street to the Starbucks on the left side where we'll meet exskibum (Rich & Judy) and the others.

Attention, Brookfields breakfast group: I may take I-80 East and takd Indian Hill Rd. in Newcastle, then right on Auburn Folsom Rd. 1 1/2 miles uphill to Starbucks rather than going through Old Auburn.

The Route:

The route plan has been completed by exskibum.

Rich, Steve, Roger and I have the Garmin map, so email us and we can send it to you.

I've tried to recreate it using Google Maps, the maps are not compatible but I've gotten it as close as I can.

Linked Here

A perfect way to start the New Year!

End Point:

Ikeda's Tasty Burger

13500 Lincoln Way

Auburn, CA

We can all head for home, stop for vittles some place near Sac or.......

The Usual Disclaimers Apply:

Bike...yup, yew gotta hav wun, we doesn't kare whut et is.

Frens..iffen yew gottem, they be welcomed

...[SIZE=8pt](Tho yew mayn't wannem to noe us'ns)[/SIZE]

List of Participants:

Bluestreeks-Steve & Cyndy [SIZE=8pt](Weather-1/FJR Owner-0)[/SIZE]

Bugnatr

Dave Migliore-Dave

exskibums-Rich & Judy

feejers-Al & Lisa

FJRobs-Rob & Terri

FlyingJunior-Walt (Judy-breakfast only)

gfran-Gary (Cyndi-breakfast only)

HuskyRider-Dom-No Terrie? [SIZE=8pt](Not if it's raining.)[/SIZE]

Hycles-Mike & Terri

James Burleigh-Hans-[SIZE=8pt]maybe-possibly-dunno[/SIZE]

JREWs-John & Jan [SIZE=8pt](A cold caught Jan)[/SIZE]

madmike2-his own self

Old Michael--[SIZE=8pt]maybe-possibly-not sure yet[/SIZE]

puppychow-Sam [SIZE=8pt](Not if it's raining.)[/SIZE]

Rogdebs-Roger & Debs [SIZE=8pt](A cold caught Debs.)[/SIZE]

SilveradoSlicks-Charles & Catherine [SIZE=8pt](Weather-1/FJR Owner-0)[/SIZE]

weekend rider-Bob

Maybe:

jwhite518

Who else?

Nope..can't make it..not going to happen:

Tyler, The unforgettable :cray:

Barb, The One and Only :cry:

MEM, Mary Ellen [SIZE=8pt]will say it's too far.[/SIZE] :(

Silver Penguin, Jill & Andy [SIZE=8pt]Will claim she has to work.[/SIZE] :rolleyes:

Sacramento Mike :(

Dr. Rich? [SIZE=8pt](But, at his advancing age, he may not be recovered from all the birthday, christmas and new years partys)[/SIZE] :eek:

WheatonFJR [SIZE=8pt]Wussie![/SIZE] :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mike but I WILL be a little to delicate to be riding on New Years day.
R
Why...Richard...I'm shocked, awed, dismayed! Who would've thought that? :rolleyes:

You notice we are leaving a bit later than usual.....some might even skip breakfast and head straight for the coffee. :unsure:

semi annual? Is this a joke? :)

Do you start the New Year over again in July? Kinda like a mulligan?

Wish I was riding with you guys, have fun! :clapping:

I wish..........

naw, I'll be sitting by the fire, under a blankie watching old movies on NYD. Have fun you guys!

semi annual? Is this a joke? :)
Do you start the New Year over again in July? Kinda like a mulligan?

Wish I was riding with you guys, have fun! :clapping:
Well, actually, yes we do, only we don't call it New Years, we call it WFO! :bleh:

That seems to be the only time our northern and eastern brethren (and "sistahs") can join us. :blink:

I completely screwed up on the adjective since we seem to have this every other year.

I wish..........
naw, I'll be sitting by the fire, under a blankie watching old movies on NYD. Have fun you guys!
Alone?!?! :eek:

Hmm, sounds like fun. Talked to FJRob at the toy run last weekend and his puter took a dump so I'll give him a call. Lots of good roads between Auburn and Pville.

Hmm, sounds like fun. Talked to FJRob at the toy run last weekend and his puter took a dump so I'll give him a call. Lots of good roads between Auburn and Pville.
I'll be waiting and watching. :drumming fingers smilie:

Alone?!?! :eek:
except for the cat who's only in it for the attention and extra btu's?

uh huh
Oh my! :dribble:

I've typed three different answers and erased them lest I get myself in real trouble. :blink:

I'm in! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Um, barring clutch problems. :glare:

And if it's not too cold :cold: 'cause my new microwire B) Gerbing gloves aren't shipping till the 28th (can we postpone the New Year's Day ride till the 7th?) :blink:

BTW, anyone happen to know what city breakfast is in? I'm guessing Auburn. But it's just a guess, 'cause'n MadMike2 didn't happen to mention. I can wait.... :whistle:

--------------------------

All righty then! If this is the bi-annual semi-annual every-two-year :glare: New Year's Day ride, then that means it's the third anniversay of my very first forum ride. :yahoo:

And it also means it's time to reprise once again my impressions in pictures of that mountain of a man, MM2, after meeting him for the first time that day, and giving our fellow maturing Baby Boomers a chance once again to look at the pictures and say, "Jeesh! Was I there really? I don't remember that at all!"...

4194517692_84f29b5e24.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]Impressions of MM2 Upon First Meeting that MOAM:[/SIZE]

4195901439_87f4927d3d_o.jpg

4193721283_5c8b04bf69_o.jpg

4193721331_1f8966f0c5_o.jpg

4194477828_35aa97d2cc_o.jpg

4194477808_ea57fa7b62_o.jpg

4194477762_a6939783b9_o.jpg

It must also mean that it's time to reprise the award-winning video of that day so many freakin' years ago that none of us can remember that it ever happened:

FJR Forum, Sacramento Chapter, New Year's Day Ride, 2007

Later, dudes....

JB

Rain or shine, I, um, can't make it. Big day, busy busy busy, and all that. Have fun though, everybody.

Maybe next Chinese New Year? That way, we could do semi-annual.

I'm in! :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Um, barring clutch problems. :glare:

And if it's not too cold :cold: 'cause my new microwire B) Gerbing gloves aren't shipping till the 28th (can we postpone the New Year's Day ride till the 7th?) :blink:

BTW, anyone happen to know what city breakfast is in? I'm guessing Auburn. But it's just a guess, 'cause'n MadMike2 didn't happen to mention. I can wait.... :whistle:

JB
JB, I will add Sacramento to the address.

The restaurant is on the East side of Sacramento, just past the Eastbound Business 80/I-80 merge point.

Brookfields Restaurant Yahoo Link

Er...it's the same place we started last time (it HAS been only 2 years)!

I suppose you could enter the address into your GPS software?

The current New Years Day forecast is 52 degrees...possible rain in the evening...subject to change.....

Thanks for the "ride report". It was a good time...you got to meet some of the group and you STILL came back for more!

Rain or shine, I, um, can't make it. Big day, busy busy busy, and all that. Have fun though, everybody.
Sorry you can't make it, Mike. You'll be missed.

Thank you for setting this up, I would have loved to meet you folks, but maybe I will join you on the next one, there will be more local rides I am sure!

As for this time, I doubt I will have recovered enough from New Year's eve to be considered safe on any # of wheels.

Have fun!

Thank you for setting this up, I would have loved to meet you folks, but maybe I will join you on the next one, there will be more local rides I am sure! As for this time, I doubt I will have recovered enough from New Year's eve to be considered safe on any # of wheels.

Have fun!
There will AWAYS be more local rides.....it's what we do!

Some of us are older (like REALLY Old Michael) and wiser so we don't "party hearty" like we used to. :rolleyes:

I’ll meet the group in Auburn if the weather cooperates (no snow, rain)
Koolio, Dom, see you there.