New Years Day Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what makes you think we don't view you all with concentric circles, just cuz? :blink:
Well, that does 'splain why the Canadian government has limited gun ownership up there. Guess they couldn't trust the wimmens. :p

Mebbe mikey's smarter than we gave him credit for -- mostly limiting his taunting to the CANADIAN wimmens.
whatever you are on right now? I want some....*LOL*

Mike, Jan and I are planning to come, assuming reasonable weather. I think maybe joining up in Auburn.
John
Very Cool, John. I'll add you to the list.

[SIZE=14pt]Attention:[/SIZE]

I have transferred Rich's route to Google Maps and will be posting a link in the first thread.

Just in case you miss it: Linky Linky

Mebbe mikey's smarter than we gave him credit for -- mostly limiting his taunting to the CANADIAN wimmens.
Hmmmm.... could it be 'cuz we're mouthier ?! :rolleyes:
qui? nous? :blush:
Nope...it's because you guys have a great sense of humor.

[SIZE=8pt]Aaannnddd you're far far away.[/SIZE]

Besides, I have a track record of apologizing with great amounts of real chocolate. :wub:

I am a "high probability" for this ride now, barring rain or snow. The New Year's eve party plans are canceled.

What is the route? I am still new to this bike, so I am slow-poke on it, hope you guys wouldn't mind my hanging out at the back of the pack...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a "high probability" for this ride now, barring rain or snow. The New Year's eve party plans are canceled.
What is the route? I am still new to this bike, so I am slow-poke on it, hope you guys wouldn't mind my hanging out at the back of the pack...
If you will check the original thread, all updates including routes and weather forecasts are there.

FORECAST:

Sacramento: 59 degrees, mostly sunny

(for our Canuckian sisters, that's 15 C)

Auburn: 54 degree, sun and some clouds.

Oh dang! :yahoo:

Google Linky not working (at least for me). I will email you.

Sam

EDIT - Link works now (the one in the first post of this thread)...thank you!

I will see you guys at the Auburn Starbucks!

Not getting any route info on the link, only a "how to" for google maps. Also do you mean the Starbucks on Auburn Folsom Rd near Sacramento st?

Should we figure 10:30 -11 for the Sac crowd to get up to Auburn?

do you mean the Starbucks on Auburn Folsom Rd near Sacramento st? Should we figure 10:30 -11 for the Sac crowd to get up to Auburn?
Yes, that Starbucks (of the 4 in Auburn). It is on the southwest corner at the intersection of Auburn Folsom Rd and Sacramento/Herdal (Sacramento St. on east side of Auburn Folsom Rd., Herdal Dr. on the west side). I live close by, so I figured on showing up there around 10:30, hoping the breakfast contingent from the Sacto breakfast site will be along soon.

EDIT to add: If you're heading for the Auburn Starbucks but may want to have breakfast there, you're in luck if you arrive a little early. One of the best spots in Auburn is 2 or 3 doors south of this Starbucks in the same building -- the South Pine Cafe (some of you GV riders may know it from up there, and this is the Auburn location of the same place):

https://southpinecafe.com/locations.html#auburn

Not getting any route info on the link, only a "how to" for google maps. Also do you mean the Starbucks on Auburn Folsom Rd near Sacramento st? Should we figure 10:30 -11 for the Sac crowd to get up to Auburn?
I've fixed the Google Map link...it SHOULD work now. At least, that's what Sam (puppychow) reports.

Bob, I'll add you to the list of participants. Good to have you along.

One of the best spots in Auburn is 2 or 3 doors south of this Starbucks in the same building -- the South Pine Cafe
NOW he pipes up with the information!!!!! :glare:

I live close by, so I figured on showing up there around 10:30, hoping the breakfast contingent from the Sacto breakfast site will be along soon.
I'd bet more like 11:00!

You know there'll be people showing up at 0930 for breakfast........

I mean...er...it IS the morning after New Years Eve.

I've updated the list of participants.

I also added the gfrans to the "maybe" list.

Anyone else? There's still time to make your plans....... :clapping:

Current Forecast (12-27-09):

New Years Eve: 41

Sacramento: 54. 12c

Auburn: 53, Considerably cloudy

Grass Valley: 52 mostly cloudy, seasonably cool

A great day for a ride! :yahoo:

I've updated the weather forecast in the post above.

I'm trying to figure out WHO is coming to breakfast @ Brookfields, thinking it might be nice to actially WARN them how many people are going to show up around 9-ish.

Brookfield's List

Bluestreeks

Dave Mig

feejers

flying junior (Judy @ breakfast)

gfrans (Cyndi @ breakfast)

Hycles

JB

mm2

RogDebs (Debs has a cold)

weekend rider

Auburn List:

Some may chose to eat at the South Pine Cafe nest to Starbucks.

Bugnatr

exskibums

FJRobs

Husky Rider

JREWs

puppychow

Unknown Plans/Participant List:

Silverado Slicks

jwhite518

MM2

I remember the first ride, we made no that was to Clear lake sorry but was a fun ride even if both of us were tired even before the ride.Wish I could make it but will be in Santa Maria working on the KLR puting new farkles on it going to do lunch with Dean at the Far Western on Wensday will be rideing to Parkfield on New Years Day Happy Year to you'all

rogerfjrfaster :yahoo:

02 Gl1800 165,000 miles

07 KLR650 10,345 miles

04 FJR1300 968,678 close sold :assassin:

MM2I remember the first ride, we made no that was to Clear lake sorry but was a fun ride even if both of us were tired even before the ride.Wish I could make it but will be in Santa Maria working on the KLR puting new farkles on it going to do lunch with Dean at the Far Western on Wensday will be rideing to Parkfield on New Years Day Happy Year to you'all

rogerfjrfaster :yahoo:

02 Gl1800 165,000 miles

07 KLR650 10,345 miles

04 FJR1300 968,678 close sold :assassin:
You might want to change your handle to James Joyce. ;)