PHID Lamps - GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put these on last year. Among the best farkles. FANTASTIC lights. Even nicer when controlled by a switch that turns them on by high beam switch or always on. :D

I put these on last year. Among the best farkles. FANTASTIC lights. Even nicer when controlled by a switch that turns them on by high beam switch or always on. :D
I did a 3 position switch, on, off, on with highbeams.

Can you do high beams without the EOG? If so, spill. :)

Can you do high beams without the EOG? If so, spill. :)
I'll see if I can throw together a schematic.

I have the left HID headlight as hi/low beam, the right as low beam only, the PHIDs off, on or on with high beam, fog lights and I can turn any of them off separately (both headlights, both headlights and both PHIDs, one headlight and both PHIDs, Fog lights only, One headlight and one Fog light, ect...).

I have the left HID headlight as hi/low beam, the right as low beam only, the PHIDs off, on or on with high beam, fog lights and I can turn any of them off separately (both headlights, both headlights and both PHIDs, one headlight and both PHIDs, Fog lights only, One headlight and one Fog light, ect...).
Rogue's switch setup for night riding. :D

console-st6.jpg

WC,

Gs.jpg

Do you have a bracket for this? :D

(That Vespa stator must be busy eh?)

That looks too hard to read. Toecutter, if you want to see it PM me and I could E-Mail you a pdf of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm in, but one question. I seem to recall having read somewhere that swtiching the HID lamps on and off frequently is bad for them.

Let's be serious. I live in a largely urban area and rarely use my high beams at night (1), and when I do it's only until there's oncoming traffic again. Is this going to cause a shortened lifespan for those PHID bulbs or ballasts? How bad?

Thanks!

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

(1) As a rule, high beams are on during the day for added visibility, but I imagine that'll end with the HIDs installed, eh? B)

Okay that's it--I'm number 30 (yay!).

I have a new '06, and will be needing mounting brackets for it. I saw that WC said the Top Gun brackets were being developed for the '06; where should I look for them?

Also, I too would like to find HID low beam kits; can you tell me where to get them?

Thanks, and yay we met the quota! :clap:

Any fence sitters..I can assure you these lights will substantially increase safety at night when you are in rural areas. Love mine, and it indeed HAS saved me from hitting a deer on a backcountry road. I doubt I would have saw him so far in advance running towards the road.

You won't be running these in the city. Well, not unless you want to completely blind everyone. The 747 comments are appropriate, these are far reaching WHITE lights with a very dense beam pattern in the middle and "loose" but still bright beam patter elsewhere.

As far as turning them on and off quickly with decreased bulb life, I heard the same comments, but don't know what the truth is. They are more for rural riding WITHOUT traffic than city lights. Even lit up in the day they are quite obtrusive to oncoming traffic.

Ok dumb question... but I have no manual yet, not even an owner's...

Been reading here about not adding too many farkles that use power... as in electrical...

If I get the PHID lights, what will I blow up if I'm also running heated jacket, pants, radar, voltmeter (the new radar doesnt' have the voltmeter) , GPS and tunes...

am also interested in the HID low beam headlights...

But I dont' need the hairdryer... <BG>

Mary

krash-You can run everything you mentioned 'cept the lights and heated gear cranked all the way up. The small stuff takes very little current. If you have a thermostat that helps to regulate the flow.

Check out the possible stator GB for more info.