PHID Lamps - GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok dumb question... but I have no manual yet, not even an owner's...
Been reading here about not adding too many farkles that use power... as in electrical...

If I get the PHID lights, what will I blow up if I'm also  running heated jacket, pants, radar, voltmeter (the new radar doesnt' have the voltmeter) , GPS and tunes...

am also interested in the HID low beam headlights...

But I dont' need the hairdryer... <BG>

Mary
The radar, GPS, tunes and voltmeter are all trivial draws of little consequence.

OTOH, the combo of PHIDs, heated pants and heated jacket is liable to throw you over the limit. With the stock stator, you only have ~ 110-ish watts to work with above that needed just to run the bike.

So... PHIDs use 84 watts by themselves. This leaves you with some power left over, but not enough for heated jacket and pants. A Widder vest alone, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm...ok

Didnt' I also read somewhere that the HID lheadlights use less power?

I got one of the Warm N Safe jacket liners... even in the low 40's it was nice and warm only turned up halfway... and I was on the Harley with only a windshield... not much protection... " The Women's Heated Liner Jacket produces 92 Watts of heat with a draw of 7.5A at 12.8v.

she's also working on some pants....

If I put the HID low beams in, then could i use the jacket liner and the PHID lights?

Or will it still be too much...?

Maybe I should just settle for the HID low beams...I'm a wimp...really need that liner...<G>

Thanks

Mary

Didnt' I also read somewhere that the HID lheadlights use less power?
They do, compared to halogen technology.

Halogen aux lights on the FJR are typically PIAA 910s or Hella FF50, both using 55-watt H3 bulbs. That's a combined 110-watts.... you're close to the limit right there.

But since the PHIDs only cost you 84-watts, you can save 26-watts over halogen aux lights. If you install HID low-beams, you save an additional 26-watts over stock.

Even when I had a stock stator, I could still run my HID Low-beams, my PHIDs, and my Widder II vest (set on 50%), and the Datel wouldn't be too terribly bad... ~ 13.4v, thereabouts. But then, the Widder II vest w/arm-chaps, which only consumes 55-watts, is considerable more efficient than your Warm-n-Safe liner.

If you've *got* to have that , Mary, you could always wire your PHIDs such that you can shut one of them down for a period when you need to crank up your Warm-n-Safe for a while.

Sounds like you're a candidate for the new stator being testing out..... B)

WC,

I purchased a set last year but didnt put them on my 05. I would like to put them on my 06....any sense of what we have to change with the whole kit?

I bought the brackets etc that were supposed to mount them to the FJR..

Thanks,

Ron

WC,I purchased a set last year but didnt put them on my 05. I would like to put them on my 06....any sense of what we have to change with the whole kit?

I bought the brackets etc that were supposed to mount them to the FJR..

Thanks,

Ron
As far as the kit is concerned, no, you 're fine with the kit you have.

But you are indeed screwed when it comes to the brackets. The previous year Top Gun brackets will not work on the 2006 model. On the 2006 models, there is no fastener in the corners of panels 'B' and 'C' (which the little "wrap-around" support arm attaches to). This support arm is fairly important, it prevents the bracket from flexing (which, in turn, prevents the lamps from jiggling) over rough roads conditions.

Today is the last day of the PHID Group Buy.

As of this morning, 49 lamps have been bought on this Group Buy.

I'm in.One question, is there a way to replace the stock hi/low beam switch with a 3 way switch that can turn on your low, hi, then hi with the PHID's ?

thanks
Lo+Phid's (w/o high) is probably more useful than Lo+Hi+Phids, considering the power situation.

I'm in.

One question, is there a way to replace the stock hi/low beam switch with a 3 way switch that can turn on your low, hi, then hi with the PHID's ?

thanks
Lo+Phid's (w/o high) is probably more useful than Lo+Hi+Phids, considering the power situation.
Thanks, but I don't think 5 watts will make much of a difference

One question, is there a way to replace the stock hi/low beam switch with a 3 way switch that can turn on your low, hi, then hi with the PHID's ?
I want one of those switches like I saw on another thread somewhere that goes into the little blank on the clutch side housing. Are those aftermarket or do I have to order one from overseas?

I want one of those switches like I saw on another thread somewhere that goes into the little blank on the clutch side housing. Are those aftermarket or do I have to order one from overseas?
Those are Euro spec and mometary, they are for flashing high beams.

Hey ya'll, pony up the dough! The rate of payments being made doth not equal the rate of orders submitted; it's going to take 6 weeks to get the lights *after* the order is placed, and the order won't get placed until everyone pays. I'd like to have these lights while still summer (as would all of you, I'm sure), so do us all a favor and pay the man! :D C'mon, there's 39 of you still left to pay, you know who you are.... don't make me call your mother :p

Hey ya'll, pony up the dough! The rate of payments being made doth not equal the rate of orders submitted; it's going to take 6 weeks to get the lights *after* the order is placed, and the order won't get placed until everyone pays. I'd like to have these lights while still summer (as would all of you, I'm sure), so do us all a favor and pay the man! :D C'mon, there's 39 of you still left to pay, you know who you are.... don't make me call your mother :p
PayPal sent. Thanks, Dad :D

I put these on last year. Among the best farkles. FANTASTIC lights. Even nicer when controlled by a switch that turns them on by high beam switch or always on. :D
Darn it! I just got back to Denver after riding to Redding to get a saddle from Steve Mayer and saw this post. Am I too late for the group buy?

BTW, ran into Jeff (SportBikeEffects) at Bryce Canyon. Small world huh?```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Quoting wasn't working for some reason. When I tried to reply to the "pony up or I'll call your mother" post, it quoted the wrong post. :angry:

Anyhoooooooooooooo

I WANT TO PAY!

I even sent an email reply back from the original confirmation email asking for payment instructions, but haven't received anything and my junk mail folder is empty too. I'd love to pay so I can get the darned things (six weeks! :cry: ) but either I missed it here or I'm being ignored.

C'mon! Take my money!

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I WANT TO PAY!
I even sent an email reply back from the original confirmation email asking for payment instructions, but haven't received anything and my junk mail folder is empty too. I'd love to pay so I can get the darned things (six weeks! :cry: ) but either I missed it here or I'm being ignored.

C'mon! Take my money!

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The payment address is:

blm-accessories llc

20121 43rd ave se

bothell, wa. 98012

Or, you can do PayPal to the email addy on the page linked in the first post of this topic.

Your price is $600.00 plus $30.00 if you got the brackets and $12.00 shipping

There, no more excuses, get 'er dun!

p.s.

Quoting wasn't working for some reason. When I tried to reply to the "pony up or I'll call your mother" post, it quoted the wrong post. :angry:
You have to be smarter than the monitor. The quote & reply buttons are now at the bottom of the subject post, not the top, like the old version.

The payment address is:blm-accessories llc

20121 43rd ave se

bothell, wa. 98012

Or, you can do PayPal to the email addy on the page linked in the first post of this topic.

Your price is $600.00 plus $30.00 if you got the brackets and $12.00 shipping

There, no more excuses, get 'er dun!

p.s.

You have to be smarter than the monitor. The quote & reply buttons are now at the bottom of the subject post, not the top, like the old version.
Okies, no sweat. Payment shall go out post-haste. :yahoo:

And you want me to be smarter than the monitor? Sheeeeit. I can't even outwit the BH's retarded cat and you want me to outwit something. :withstupidsmiley:

Let's be real.

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA