"San Diego ride"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]Just a suggestion, don’t anyone take this the wrong way.[/SIZE]
I’m a bit heavy handed on the throttle and therefore would suggest we meet and greet at the designated locations, then break into two groups:

1. Sightseers and or those with SO

2. Spirited riders – I’d be glad to lead this group :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

We would set meeting spots along the way or one just for lunch.

:assassin: :glare: :rolleyes:
Hey Santa Fe Dreamin,

I see your still tearing up the road with heavy hand. It's been a while since we've seen you. Hopefully we will be able to at least stop at Starbucks and wish you all great ride. We're not sure if we can go on the ride yet due to other commitments.

HIS2006 & HER2006 :yahoo:

I’m a bit heavy handed on the throttle and therefore would suggest we meet and greet at the designated locations, then break into two groups:

2. Spirited riders – I’d be glad to lead this group :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hey Santa Fe Dreamin,

I see your still tearing up the road with heavy hand. It's been a while since we've seen you. Hopefully we will be able to at least stop at Starbucks and wish you all great ride. We're not sure if we can go on the ride yet due to other commitments.

This ride is mandatory for all San Diego residents. So we will see you there!!!!! No excuses.... :dwarf:

Hey Santa Fe Dreamin,

This ride is mandatory for all San Diego residents. So we will see you there!!!!! No excuses.... :dwarf:
GhostRider we will do our best to be there :clapping:

Hey Santa Fe Dreamin,

GhostRider we will do our best to be there :clapping:

Sounds good!!!!! :yahoo:

Starbucks 272 East Via Rancho Parkway Escondido CA 92025

It is the Starbucks inside the Westfield North County Fair Mall correct? Will you guys park in the front or back of the mall to go into Starbucks?

Hey Santa Fe Dreamin,

Yea! It's been way too long.

Are you two still ridding much?

Is your son still leading the way?

Hope to see you two at least at the "starting gate!" :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I’m a bit heavy handed on the throttle
You...heavy handed :rolleyes: That's an understatement :)

Enjoy the ride. Boy do I miss the San Diego weather!

One of my favorite loops: Link

The ridding is as good as you remember and the weather... Well, what can I say. Days like today defy description.

You could leave home a little early (like a week) and meet us for the ride.

Or, invite us out to your area. Any good roads out there?

The link you included to that series of roads has to keep you drooling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Santa Fe Dreamin,

Yea! It's been way too long.

Are you two still ridding much?

Is your son still leading the way?

Hope to see you two at least at the "starting gate!" :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
We try and ride at least one day each weekend in the morning so we have afternoon for family events. Our son still leads the way when our schedules workout, and like you he still has that heavy hand syndrome on his duc. One minute he is there the next he's gone, waiting a few miles up the road on us to catchup. :clapping:

Starbucks 272 East Via Rancho Parkway Escondido CA 92025
It is the Starbucks inside the Westfield North County Fair Mall correct? Will you guys park in the front or back of the mall to go into Starbucks?

I believe you are correct, to be honest I have not been to that Starbucks or mall... So I will have to go out there ahead of time and figure it out!!!!

By the way, what time is the Escondido section planning on meeting, and how long a ride are we looking at? My dad is coming in from Albuquerque on Saturday, sometime in the early afternoon.

By the way, what time is the Escondido section planning on meeting, and how long a ride are we looking at? My dad is coming in from Albuquerque on Saturday, sometime in the early afternoon.

This thread has gone for soooooooo long and with sooooo many different considerations... ... To clarify what's going on... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To Whomever is controlling this ride, please post: :clapping:

1. the agreed to meeting sport and what time we are to meet at each meeting spot :blink:

2. where and when are we all to meet up for the begining of the actual ride :glare:

This thread has gone for soooooooo long and with sooooo many different considerations... ... To clarify what's going on... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To Whomever is controlling this ride, please post: :clapping:

1. the agreed to meeting sport and what time we are to meet at each meeting spot :blink:

2. where and when are we all to meet up for the begining of the actual ride :glare:

Ok will do!!!!! Let's try this again...

9:00 am Saturday the 24th. The Starbucks at 3440 Del Lago Blvd. Escondido, 92029 Del Lago and Via Rancho Parkway. By the Shell Station and McDonald's, just west of the 15 fwy. off the Via Rancho Parkway exit, right on Del Lago Blvd.

1. I am changing the final meeting spot, the starbucks originally spoking of is actually in the North county fair mall..

So we will be meeting at the Starbucks just west of the 15 off the via rancho parkway exit. The addy. is 3440 Del Lago Blvd. Escondido 92029 At 9:00 am on Saturday the 24th.

2. Jordylad is talking about meeting a group at the 74 & 15 fwy.the first gas station east off the 15 on the 74, you guys will have to work that out. Again the final meeting spot is the Starbucks on Del Lago in Escondido

Map Clicky Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks GhostRider.

As GR said, I'm going to meet Ynotride and anyone else at the Chevron gas station at the 74 & 15 fwy, it's the first gas station east off the 15 on the 74. I was there last weekend and made note it was a Chevron. I'm thinking 7:45am we should meet, with a plan to leave at 8am.

I'm actually coming from Mission Viejo and will take Ortega (74) East to meet up. I'll leave home at 7am. It's a bit of a long way round to get to Escondido, but any excuse to ride Ortega! If anyone wants to meet up earlier and ride over Ortega together, let me know.

Thanks GhostRider.
As GR said, I'm going to meet Ynotride and anyone else at the Chevron gas station at the 74 & 15 fwy, it's the first gas station east off the 15 on the 74. I was there last weekend and made note it was a Chevron. I'm thinking 7:45am we should meet, with a plan to leave at 8am.

I'm actually coming from Mission Viejo and will take Ortega (74) East to meet up. I'll leave home at 7am. It's a bit of a long way round to get to Escondido, but any excuse to ride Ortega! If anyone wants to meet up earlier and ride over Ortega together, let me know.
No problem!!!! I will edit my beginning post with the 74 & 15 meeting spot..

:yahoo:

[SIZE=10pt]Saturday May 24th. [/SIZE]

9:00 am

The Starbucks at

3440 Del Lago Blvd.

Escondido, 92029

Del Lago and Via Rancho Parkway. By the Shell Station and McDonald's, just west of the 15 fwy. off the Via Rancho Parkway exit, right on Del Lago Blvd.

(strip mall on NW corner of I-15 and Via Rancho Parkway)

MAPQUEST

https://www.mapquest.com/maps/3440+Del+Lago...d+escondido+ca/

Thanks GhostRider.

7:45 Chevron. Got it.

Anybody have any good input on where to have lunch in Idyllwild? (assuming that we will stop for lunch?) If we know where we want to stop, I will take the responsibility to call and make reservations, or whatever is required. That way, if anyone from other areas (LA, Ventura, Desert areas) want to meet and greet for lunch, we can have a meeting destination.

If just a quick snack and no lunch is planned, feel free to disregard this post...

I'm interested. I'll put in my application for a Kitchen Pass. <_<

I'll probably hook up with Jordylad and ynotride at the Chevron station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have any good input on where to have lunch in Idyllwild? (assuming that we will stop for lunch?) If we know where we want to stop, I will take the responsibility to call and make reservations, or whatever is required. That way, if anyone from other areas (LA, Ventura, Desert areas) want to meet and greet for lunch, we can have a meeting destination.
If just a quick snack and no lunch is planned, feel free to disregard this post...

I know a fairly decent Mexican restaurant in Idyllwild... I always eat there on my many trips out that way.

La Casita

54650 N Circle Dr

Idyllwild, CA 92549

(951) 659-6038